How attached are you to your cell phone?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-04-2017, 11:49 AM
How attached are you to your cell phone?
Fireball mentioned misplacing his phone for a few days. I know some people who would have had a new phone within hours.

How attached are you to your phone?

For years mine spent most of its time with the ringer off and in the bottom of my purse....made my kids crazy. These days the ringer is still off most of the time but I carry it with me as it holds the app that controls my hearing aids. I also can listen to music and podcasts that are sent via Bluetooth from my phone to the hearing aids.

I do check TTA, Facebook, and mail during breaks or when having to wait somewhere. I use it as a timepiece and now and then for maps but I don't have it always in my hand like so many people around me do.

There is a woman I work with who gets more calls and texts in a day than I do in a year...and that's not an exaggeration.

So, are you addicted to your cell phone?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
09-04-2017, 11:51 AM
RE: How attached are you to your cell phone?
I would say I ebb and flow...

I'm more addicted to my iPad, and now this laptop than my phone.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

09-04-2017, 11:51 AM
I never let it go.
09-04-2017, 12:07 PM
I use it a lot when I can and enjoy the convenience. At work we'll get suspended for at least a few days if management sees any portable device. That basically means stay off during the day, and during overnight shifts find a quiet spot to Facebook and/or play games between rounds but keep it out of sight once you hit the floor.

Whenever doing Army stuff, though they don't necessarily care if we have it on us, if we're out in the sticks without a place to charge or service we obviously have to use them sparingly.

I don't usually carry it with me when I work out.

'Murican Canadian
09-04-2017, 12:12 PM
I don't have one. Tongue

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like houseofcantor's post
09-04-2017, 12:13 PM
I use it as a music player, and since I'm going to school four hours from family it's my main way of communicating with them (if I absolutely had to I could potentially e-mail them, I guess, but I find calling and texting easier).

So yeah, it might as well be glued to my hand.

That said I did lose it for a day or two (it was at the bottom of my portfolio) and I had to just hope it showed up. I'm sure after a few days, when we lost all hope, a new one would've come up, though.

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
09-04-2017, 12:16 PM
(09-04-2017 11:49 AM)Anjele Wrote:  For years mine spent most of its time with the ringer off and in the bottom of my purse....made my kids crazy. These days the ringer is still off most of the time but I carry it with me as it holds the app that controls my hearing aids.

I realized the other day that I had turned it off when at the gym a few days before and it was still in the gym bag. That's pretty common.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
09-04-2017, 12:26 PM
Never had one. Don't want one. I'm waiting for the chip in my head.

#sigh
[+] 7 users Like GirlyMan's post
09-04-2017, 12:33 PM
They don't let us have phones in the cells.

Unsure

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
09-04-2017, 01:04 PM
If I remember to take it our of my purse, it gets charged, otherwise it sits in there for days and runs down.

I mostly just have it with me when I go out, in case there is an accident or something. I play games on it if forced to wait for longer time periods.

I am addicted to my PC....

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post