How attached are you to your cell phone?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-04-2017, 06:03 PM
RE: How attached are you to your cell phone?
I have my cellphone on do not disturb about 90% of the time, so it doesn't interrupt me much. I try to remember to check my phone fairly frequently. Not, I hope, obsessively. However, I do have a minor panic attack if I realize that I've gone somewhere and my phone isn't with me.

It's a blessing and a curse. It's great having a phone because then you can keep up with everything. I have 25-30, minimum, appointments every week; without a cell phone and especially texting, I wouldn't be able to manage these well. But it's so easy to use a cell phone to close yourself off from human interaction. If I'm not careful, I find myself retreating to the phone instead of talking to people.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-04-2017, 06:20 PM
I talk to my girlfriend daily on it, use it.to keep touch with family and friends. Very different from when I was a city-dweller -- out here in the country, it's almost a necessity.
09-04-2017, 06:30 PM
I use it for entertainment in work, essential communication, non essential communication. It's my watch, my camera, my music player and my torch. I have lots of private personal messages and pictures on here.

When I think I've lost my phone for a few seconds my adrenaline shoots through me like a bullet. I go into freak mode where I'll do anything possible to find it.

The only times that ever happens is when I've left my phone in my car by accident, whenever I'm outside my car I tend to check my phone is on me every few minutes because it's just instinct to do that now.
09-04-2017, 06:52 PM
(09-04-2017 04:52 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(09-04-2017 04:33 PM)KUSA Wrote:  I thought you were going to say the "stick it up your ass" trick doesn't work as well now that we have suck large screen sizes.

I could never get this iPhone 7 plus up my ass. Maybe a 4 if I was desperate.

Size doesn't seem to be a limiting factor. Especially for the women. We had one lady try to smuggle in her pet bird inside her vagina in a plastic bag. The officer doing the strip search saw the corner of the bag sticking out.

She should have let the bird's head stick out to breath.
[+] 2 users Like KUSA's post
09-04-2017, 07:12 PM
(09-04-2017 06:52 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(09-04-2017 04:52 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Size doesn't seem to be a limiting factor. Especially for the women. We had one lady try to smuggle in her pet bird inside her vagina in a plastic bag. The officer doing the strip search saw the corner of the bag sticking out.

She should have let the bird's head stick out to breath.

I could make this into comedy gold, but I'll spare the women here. I'll leave at "talking pussy". Yes
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
09-04-2017, 08:03 PM
I was genuinely speaking in regards to the bird's welfare.
[+] 2 users Like KUSA's post
09-04-2017, 08:52 PM
(09-04-2017 04:52 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(09-04-2017 04:33 PM)KUSA Wrote:  I thought you were going to say the "stick it up your ass" trick doesn't work as well now that we have suck large screen sizes.

I could never get this iPhone 7 plus up my ass. Maybe a 4 if I was desperate.

Size doesn't seem to be a limiting factor. Especially for the women. We had one lady try to smuggle in her pet bird inside her vagina in a plastic bag. The officer doing the strip search saw the corner of the bag sticking out.

I don't even put my fingers near Chewy's beak...just saying... No

Chewch is an African Grey.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
09-04-2017, 08:57 PM
(09-04-2017 02:29 PM)Dom Wrote:  Oh, I was tethered to mine when I was working. Now retired, I hate the thing pretty much.

I long for the day....

Between kids and work I have mine all the time. Occasionally I'll go completely off networking (social media, email, phone, etc) and take a time out. Last year my phone broke and I took an extra few days before fixing it just because... that was so nice. It's a little weird that here in the future when the phone breaks it feels as good and refreshing as going on a vacation. Maybe I should do that soon again. Heart
09-04-2017, 10:04 PM
(09-04-2017 08:52 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(09-04-2017 04:52 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Size doesn't seem to be a limiting factor. Especially for the women. We had one lady try to smuggle in her pet bird inside her vagina in a plastic bag. The officer doing the strip search saw the corner of the bag sticking out.

I don't even put my fingers near Chewy's beak...just saying... No

Chewch is an African Grey.

Big birds like that can crack a Brazil nut and eat it. And pull a thumbnail off, if they look at it and think that it is food. I know a gal that that happened to. I have had it with predators in my life. They aren't going to exist in my house, no matter the number of legs/wings/alleged amount of investment experience. Dodgy
10-04-2017, 04:18 AM
(09-04-2017 11:49 AM)Anjele Wrote:  So, are you addicted to your cell phone?

I'm another person who doesn't own a cell phone or a smart phone. Even our landline's ringer is turned off, and we screen all of our calls through the answering machine. I use an old laptop for the internet.
[+] 1 user Likes Thoreauvian's post