How bad was 2016 for you?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-12-2016, 07:48 AM
RE: How bad was 2016 for you?
(06-12-2016 05:21 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  
(06-12-2016 05:07 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  The implication being "talking with people who actually care about you." Angel

Cantor you can stop the banter.

Save that, for another thread.

He'll stop the banter when the Gwynnies tell him too and not a minute before. You realize that statements like this just encourage me right?

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
06-12-2016, 07:51 AM
(06-12-2016 07:48 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(06-12-2016 05:21 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  Cantor you can stop the banter.

Save that, for another thread.

He'll stop the banter when the Gwynnies tell him too and not a minute before. You realize that statements like this just encourage me right?

I don't get it because I don't know what the Gwynnies are Confused
06-12-2016, 07:58 AM
(06-12-2016 07:34 AM)DLJ Wrote:  What does one wear to a Irish-Chinese/Malaysian wake? Black suit with a white hat (like a pint of Guinness)?

I hear they have strippers

Sadcryface

(06-12-2016 07:34 AM)DLJ Wrote:  A winter's day
In a deep and dark December
I am alone
Gazing from my window

Gazing out my window I can see the snow below,
and it flows into my soul from the eggshell of my mind.
I found a way I could navigate my boat through these troubled waters,
to the shores of Shangri-La.

Eggshells, Eggshells, help me separate my yolks from my whites.

Standing in the phone booth just waiting for the call,
but I don't know who it is or where they are.
Biding my time, in the heart of the purple city,
these bright lights shining in my eyes.

Eggshells, Eggshells, help me separate my yolks from my whites.

So there I was, all alone. Nowhere left to go but down. Only thing on my face was a frown.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
06-12-2016, 08:09 AM
Meh, I'm content with the year. Some arguably bad, more good. To be honest, the only real problem in my life is me and my irrational inability to enjoy it.

• Got laid off from a job I loved, paid well, and allowed for having half the year off doing fly in / fly out diamond mine security on a two week rotation.

• Easily got rehired with provincial corrections. Not enjoyable but pays well if I take the overtime. It'll do in the short term.

• Got a good start on landscaping my vacation / future retirement property in Quebec. Isolated, in the woods, bordering a creek connected to lakes in both directions, surrounded by backwoods logging trails and a national reserve. Could be worseTongue

• Bought house in Gatineau. Needs some work, but the neighborhood is amazing. My 5 year old starts school next year, and the place he'll go for the next six years is literally right across the street. He's already made a few neighborhood BFFs that will be starting at the same time.

• Our new next door neighbor, the father of one of the above mentioned kids, is a fellow gun nut Clap

• The Brazilian Jiujitsu school I found in Ottawa is a Renzo Gracie affiliate, which was an unexpected gem of a find.

• It was announced that we've got a probable deployment on the horizon. I suppose that could be viewed either way. Hate to leave my kids, but I need my break from civilian life. With any luck it will be a combat deployment and not a training mission. But hey, beggars can't be choosers. If we end up spending a few months somewhere hanging out with some random foreign army, I'll still get my "vacation".

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
06-12-2016, 08:09 AM
(06-12-2016 07:51 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  
(06-12-2016 07:48 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  He'll stop the banter when the Gwynnies tell him too and not a minute before. You realize that statements like this just encourage me right?

I don't get it because I don't know what the Gwynnies are Confused

I love my Gwynnies! Banana_zorro

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-12-2016, 08:53 AM (This post was last modified: 06-12-2016 08:57 AM by Mr. Boston.)
Other than the deaths of numerous musicians who were personal favorites of mine, and you know the pending downfall of Western democracy and the possibility of WWIII it was actually a really good year! After some real ups and downs we found some school situations for both of our young boys that they both really enjoy and which are actually affordable (somewhat). Our property value went up. My wife landed a teaching job she really loves, with a significant pay increase, and I'm starting to get some recognition at my job too - might actually be able to "go career" here if I want to. Plus MA passed recreational marijuana, so you know, 2017 aims to be high times as well.
[+] 2 users Like Mr. Boston's post
06-12-2016, 09:56 AM
(06-12-2016 08:09 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(06-12-2016 07:51 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  I don't get it because I don't know what the Gwynnies are Confused

I love my Gwynnies! Banana_zorro

Sigh. Ohhh, alright HOC.....here ya go.... Gwynnies and whatever that thing is she's wearing.

[Image: gwyneth-paltrow.jpg]

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
06-12-2016, 09:58 AM (This post was last modified: 06-12-2016 10:06 AM by GenesisNemesis.)
I've had worse, in terms of shitty events that directly affect me. Not too much happened there.
06-12-2016, 10:24 AM
I haven't had a bad year at all.

Sorry for your losses, DLJ. Hug
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
06-12-2016, 10:26 AM
(06-12-2016 09:56 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(06-12-2016 08:09 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  I love my Gwynnies! Banana_zorro

Sigh. Ohhh, alright HOC.....here ya go.... Gwynnies and whatever that thing is she's wearing.

She's wearing feathers and hiding an Apple. Big Grin

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user