How bad was 2016 for you?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-12-2016, 10:28 AM
RE: How bad was 2016 for you?
It's been a stressful year, with both tragedy and accomplishment.

On the tragedy side, I lost My mother at the age of 85 and also the last 3 cats in the household.

I also cut ties with a former friend, but that was more of an accomplishment and a relief.

Managed to pay off the mortgage on the house, and got elected to the executive of an organization I belong to.

Hoping for a slightly less eventful 2017 so that I can relax a bit.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Astreja's post
06-12-2016, 10:54 AM (This post was last modified: 07-12-2016 10:30 AM by Thumpalumpacus.)
It was a bumpy ride for me.

The downers -- the breakup of my relationship with the GF of three years, and the loss of a friendship of some years; losses brought on or hastened by my drinking. I'm at a job where I'm not appreciated, but simply ridden like a mule.

The ups -- entering recovery, I've found that the principles I'm learning to stay sober are very useful throughout many aspects of my life, and I feel I'm growing into a better man for that. I've met and fallen in love with a wonderful woman who accepts me for who I am, flaws and all.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
06-12-2016, 11:17 AM
Well... my aunt died. Sadcryface

I guess it was coming and I should have seen it, but she wasn't overtly ill, and it was a shock. She was my last living relative except for some distant cousins I haven't seen since childhood...

Velvet the Great Dane came into my life in January weighing 20 pounds and now she weighs 110....and growing. Big, lovely lap dog. Smile

Other than that, it was a year of general contentment for me. I don't strive to change much about my life.

Politics are worrisome to me. It's impossible to predict what will happen. I guess I'll just wait and see...

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
06-12-2016, 03:30 PM
(06-12-2016 11:17 AM)Dom Wrote:  Well... my aunt died. Sadcryface

I guess it was coming and I should have seen it, but she wasn't overtly ill, and it was a shock. She was my last living relative except for some distant cousins I haven't seen since childhood...

Velvet the Great Dane came into my life in January weighing 20 pounds and now she weighs 110....and growing. Big, lovely lap dog. Smile

Other than that, it was a year of general contentment for me. I don't strive to change much about my life.

Politics are worrisome to me. It's impossible to predict what will happen. I guess I'll just wait and see...

Hug Sorry about your aunt, if I didn't see it in the PI&S.
06-12-2016, 03:41 PM
Best year ever.

“Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...It's about learning to dance in the rain.” --- Vivian Greene

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
06-12-2016, 03:45 PM
(06-12-2016 03:30 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(06-12-2016 11:17 AM)Dom Wrote:  Well... my aunt died. Sadcryface

Hug Sorry about your aunt, if I didn't see it in the PI&S.

Thanks, I didn't post about it.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
06-12-2016, 03:48 PM
(06-12-2016 03:41 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Best year ever.

“Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...It's about learning to dance in the rain.” --- Vivian Greene

The downside is that the rain can become so addictive that you find yourself waiting for the nice days to pass Big Grin

'Murican Canadian
06-12-2016, 04:00 PM
[Image: doomsday_clock.png]

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 2 users Like Paleophyte's post
06-12-2016, 04:20 PM
(06-12-2016 03:41 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Best year ever.

Yeah but you're gay.

#sigh
06-12-2016, 04:21 PM
At the start of the summer, my daughter completed her MPhil at a very prestigious university. Smile

At the end of the summer, my mother passed away. Sad

And the roller-coaster keeps on rolling...

Your faith is not evidence, your opinion is not fact, and your bias is not wisdom