How big is yours?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-05-2015, 08:37 AM
How big is yours?
OK, OK, calm down, I mean how big is your miracle?

Josh Hamilton was interviewed this week and he told reporters it was a "small miracle" that he returned to baseball, that the lord had his hand in it because of how difficult it was for him. So basically this guy has screwed up his own life numerous times, let down countless fans, family and teammates, but thinks the lord is responsible for him returning to minor-league ball? Pathetic. Where was he when you were getting wasted? Can't interfere with your free will, right? But yet he guided your comeback? Asshole.

I didn't realize there were levels or sizes to the types of miracles that could occur. How ignorant of me. My mother seems to think this is true, too. She has less than stellar kidneys and recently was told if they got much worse she might need a transplant or dialysis. She was at Level 4 and if it got to Level 5 it would be serious. They told her to take some precautions to help the kidneys. She did that and her levels actually improved to Level 3. She said it was a miracle and thanked jebus. I said, "If your god intervened, Ma, do you really think he would just improve you by one tick? Why would he leave your kidneys still in trouble, only slightly better than before? Surely he is capable of making your kidneys healthy. Isn't it a more likely explanation that the doctors were right, that you stopped taking a certain pill and started eating the right foods so your kidneys gradually responded, just like any other health-related illness or occurrence?"

Ugh.

Did you know miracles come in all shapes and sizes?

BTW: Fuck you, autocorrect, for trying to capitalize the lord every time I write it.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like WillHopp's post
11-05-2015, 08:43 AM
RE: How big is yours?
*reads thread*

Yea... still
[Image: 62100986.jpg]

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like earmuffs's post
11-05-2015, 08:44 AM
Miracles coming in all shapes and sizes is nothing new. Actually god seems to excel in such small divine interventions as appearing on toasts or helping to find the car keys. But I guess creating the universe really took it's toll on him, so we shouldn't judge old man too hard.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post
11-05-2015, 09:00 AM
Here in catholic Ireland you can pray for favours. Small mini miracles. The idea is to pray for hours to some saint or another, or the old favourite, the Virgin Mary, and your prayers will be answered. It usually involves something like praying that your son or daughter will pass an exam, or relief from a painful ailment. I've seen people on the bus praying vigorously to themselves . You know they are looking for a divine favour. Of course if the exam is passed it was because the prayer was answered. If the kid fails the exam, well you didn't pray hard enough.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
[+] 2 users Like Marozz's post
11-05-2015, 09:13 AM
This is one of my BIGGEST........pet peeves. I always love how people think any ol' thing as a miracle. People wrap god around every positive event and I guess that might be ok but they ignore the person whose kidneys is going to a 5. They call it a miracle that a baby survives a tornado but ignore the baby in the next county that died. It's all about themselves. It's very selfish.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
11-05-2015, 09:14 AM
A man praying and a man masturbating have things in common. They both make the guy doing it, feel better. They both tend to piss other people off, when done in public.

However - the guy masturbating has a better chance of actually having something to show for it when he's done.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 3 users Like onlinebiker's post
11-05-2015, 11:13 AM
To be honest, miracles haven't been quite the same since jesus fucked it all up.

There was Moses parting seas, commanding plagues and murdering thousands of first-borns.
Then jesus came along with his cheap street magic. Moses must be pissed:

"Water into wine? WATER TO WINE?!?! Bitch, I turned a whole fucking river into blood"!

So yeah, jesus lowered everyones standards really... Tongue

"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too"? - Douglas Adams Bechased
[+] 5 users Like LostLegend's post
11-05-2015, 11:21 AM
(11-05-2015 08:43 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  *reads thread*

Yea... still
[Image: 62100986.jpg]

Ya got me. For you Muffs, yep, it's about penis size.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-05-2015, 11:28 AM (This post was last modified: 11-05-2015 11:32 AM by goodwithoutgod.)
Mines HUGE!!!....oh....wait...Unsure uh...um...I mean....well.....um...no, no I haven't witnessed a miracle.......ever...all chance and circumstance in my opinion Big Grin

Flex

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
11-05-2015, 11:29 AM
(11-05-2015 11:13 AM)LostLegend Wrote:  To be honest, miracles haven't been quite the same since jesus fucked it all up.

There was Moses parting seas, commanding plagues and murdering thousands of first-borns.
Then jesus came along with his cheap street magic. Moses must be pissed:

"Water into wine? WATER TO WINE?!?! Bitch, I turned a whole fucking river into blood"!

So yeah, jesus lowered everyones standards really... Tongue

Surely you have to admit that turning vine into water is nice trick? It may be not something so epic as Moses mojo but what is more useful to common folk?
And to be fair Jesus resurrected Lazarus, so his tricks weren't so cheap.

It's miracles of modern time that are truly disappointing, not even water into wine, but only face appearing on bread.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.