How can I answer those comments?.jpg

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-04-2011, 05:11 PM

Wink How can I answer those comments?.jpg
[Image: 1388631012_8IKBonmV_Resizing_Resizing_IMG_2383.JPG]

I post that after participating a debate class. I got some comments lol

How should I react that question?

I am going to write this: 'I just have critical view about religions. It is like criticizing parties or government and criticizing a movie, it was good or not after watching it. I have same critical attitude about religions and people should feel free about criticizing religions.'

How about that?
Quote this message in a reply
28-04-2011, 05:28 PM
RE: How should I answer this question?.jpg
Hmmm, my first thought is that the woman who responded is a teenager and lacks a worldview and maturity. I say that from the experience of watching Facebook exchanges involving my 16 year old son and his peers.

Her attitude though is an outward expression that many theists probably share, even if they do not give voice to it - that being atheists that dare express their views in public are disrespectful to the beliefs and feelings of the faithful - which I would like to push the BS button on. If someone can put up John 3:16 (or some other piece of scripture) we have every right and possibly even an obligation to express our views as well...just my thought...

"Like" my Facebook page
Brain Droppings Blog
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT16Rq3dAcHhqiAsPC5xUC...oR0pEpxQZw]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-04-2011, 06:30 PM

RE: How should I answer this question?.jpg
It's my Facebook page. The second person who commented is me.
28-04-2011, 07:02 PM
RE: How can I answer those comments?.jpg
I would just ignore. It's not intelligent at all.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
Find all posts by this user
28-04-2011, 07:12 PM
To be honest religious people can't stand honest open debate , and they can't stand it when people don't see their beliefs and books as holy.
The internet by its nature is a free forum where anybody can get their opinion across.
What you have there is a typical response from a fundie , a troll or just an idiot.
Don't bother - your brain cells can serve a better purpose.

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
28-04-2011, 07:12 PM

I am a little militant atheist.. It just bothers me.
28-04-2011, 08:22 PM

I can understand how folks like that could bother you. However, you don't have anything to prove and from the read of it, you don't stand any chance of educating them or helping them to mature into respecting your point of view.

The one that said, Shut the fuck up, is telling you they aren't religious but they don't want to hear you talk about not being religious as an atheist, because they're more concerned with what people who do have faith will think, when they make the free will choice to read your thoughts. That's a weird one there. Don't waste your time. They've already demonstrated they're not worth it.
28-04-2011, 08:40 PM

Well, I can't tell you what to say, since it depends on your relation with the person and what message you want to get across and such, but personally, I'd go with the following:

"You need to relax. How is having a intelligent debate about God's existence worse than Christians meeting on sundays to discuss how people like me will go to hell? I am not forcing anybody to join this debate, I am not forcing anybody to look at this picture and I'm certainly not forcing anybody to change their beliefs. It is you who are being disrespectful, not me."

As for the first question:

"Come to the debate and decide for yourself ;D"

Edit: Oh look at that, it says april 27th, so it's too late. So instead just go with a simple, "To me, no, God doesn't exist."
29-04-2011, 07:01 AM (This post was last modified: 29-04-2011 07:06 AM by Observer.)
For some oddly reason, everyone is allowed to give their opinion on a certain issue...

as long as it's not "not believing in God"
well there's the 2000 year old "fear-doctrine" for you...

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.