How can I ever be at peace with death?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-03-2016, 02:43 PM
RE: How can I ever be at peace with death?
I have to admit to having a few twinges of fear lately. Every time we have lost an actor or musician I do the math to see how much older they were than I am. EEEKKK...that gap is narrowing a little too close for comfort.

I don't obsess though. It's going to happen...there's no escape from it. I just realize more and more how limited the time is that I have left. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-03-2016, 04:07 PM
(12-03-2016 02:43 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I just realize more and more how limited the time is that I have left. Undecided

Yep. It's starting to affect my plans. Nothing too long term or too risky for me anymore.

And I am simplifying my life. Got rid of all the drama. I have more freedom now than at any other time in my life. I'm making the years count and enjoying myself. And luckily I enjoy spending my time with simple things.

There are a lot of positives to be found when you realize that your time is limited. It's liberating.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
12-03-2016, 04:38 PM
Having faced the prospect of death a few times, it doesn't worry me that much. I guess I'm more afraid of certain ways of dying, but death itself is inevitable, and I make it a point to let go of those things I can't control. With regards to dying, it's worked for me so far.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
12-03-2016, 05:11 PM (This post was last modified: 12-03-2016 05:16 PM by GenesisNemesis.)
Here's a question, are you as afraid of possibly getting into a car accident and being killed? Or countless other things that can kill you. Chances are, you never give most of those things a second thought, otherwise you'd be a nervous wreck.

12-03-2016, 05:18 PM
Death does not worry me. I just don't want to miss things important to me. Faced it a few times now. I won't know I'm dead. So death itself is literally nothing. I look at it like Marcus in his quote earlier.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
12-03-2016, 06:20 PM

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
12-03-2016, 06:24 PM
(12-03-2016 06:20 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

Hal Blaine on drums! Big Grin

The one and the only, Mr HAL BLAINE!

[Image: blane.head.jpg]

The late Bruce Gary, who played drums for the Knack, once said he was disappointed to find out that his 10 favorite drummers were all Hal Blaine. That’s because Blaine played the drums on so many of the hit songs that were credited to bands like the Beach Boys and Simon & Garfunkel.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
12-03-2016, 06:30 PM
(12-03-2016 04:19 AM)Vosur Wrote:  I'm so afraid. I don't want this to be it. This is too short. This isn't enough. Fuck, fuck, fuck, getting a minor panic attack. Sadcryface
You don't need to worry about death.
Death with take care of itself, it is your ultimate destination.

What you need to concern yourself with is life. So much to do, so little time.
Choices need to be made, actions need to be taken.

Life isn't the destination, enjoy the journey...
[+] 8 users Like Stevil's post
12-03-2016, 07:11 PM
I was really afraid of childbirth. I had lots of panic attacks contemplating it. And childbirth was awful, but I got through it. I don't like the idea of death, either, but at that point I'm figuring the body's going to do what it's going to do. When I wake up at 4 a.m. and think, I'm going to die someday, I try just to say yes to that thought and then put it away as best as I can. It takes too much energy to wall off thoughts of death, better to let the thought come and fade. Obsessing about death one way or the other just makes the life I have more annoying. I already have bills, politics, and a family to do that, so I put the idea of death in the corner as much as possible.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
12-03-2016, 07:19 PM
One of my friends has anxiety about the future, i.e., her death and what comes after. She has decided that oblivion is fine, but maybe, just maybe, we live on somehow. She treasures that one in a billion trillion chance.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user