How can I remove my parents influence in my life and still survivve?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-05-2013, 12:26 AM
How can I remove my parents influence in my life and still survivve?
basically I have a problem. I am 28 years old and my parents still run my life and they have a good reason. I just happen to be mentally ill and can't survive on my own do to complications butttt... I don't share my parents valures. for one my dad says this is a christian house hold so therefore OI can't let myself odo things like paint my nails and dress the way I wantt to dress{yes i am a guy but I would love to look like a female badass} the other thing is he want let me post aiethist videos on my facebok because apparently to him"the gay agendda and atheist are trying to tear apart amercica and i;s values. no kidding you if my dad doesn't agree with it it's trying to tear apart america I shouldn't add to it. I would just get up and leave after all that but my mom just happens to have the rights to my finances due to a doctors order. aso mainly i can't afford to survive on my own plus the mental illness thing. my mom is kinda cool with who I am but she also embarrassed because the few times I wanted to go to church and before my ads ruling she tried me to get to look as normal as she put it as possible. so I am stuck between a rock and a hard place.. I wan to live my life interdependently ut i might not be capable and or financially able to but then my parents run my life.

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-05-2013, 01:20 AM
RE: How can I remove my parents influence in my life and still survivve?
That's super tough. Sad

If only there was a compromise that could be reached for some of those things so that you could at least feel a little more independent. Maybe on a certain day of the week you could dress how you wanted to, including painting your nails, or something. Do you talk about this with your parents, or just do it and then they shut it down?

As for FB, I can understand that. I still don't do anything like post vids to my wall either because it doesn't serve a purpose there (for me), I choose to make my FB cheery and not a 'soap-box' platform. I come here for my conversation fixes.
27-05-2013, 02:02 AM
(27-05-2013 01:20 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  That's super tough. Sad

If only there was a compromise that could be reached for some of those things so that you could at least feel a little more independent. Maybe on a certain day of the week you could dress how you wanted to, including painting your nails, or something. Do you talk about this with your parents, or just do it and then they shut it down?

As for FB, I can understand that. I still don't do anything like post vids to my wall either because it doesn't serve a purpose there (for me), I choose to make my FB cheery and not a 'soap-box' platform. I come here for my conversation fixes.

I do nether.. mainly it would start a fight if I did and as for compromise... I've tried that.. my dad ses to think that the "country" comes first. that is a dumb excuse to me. and my dad ahaas threatenede dto burn down the house if he is "forced to support a lifestyle he doesen't approve of. this means if you live under his housre and sdespite you paying rent you have to live by bhis morales or he is "supporting" a loifestyle that he dosen'rt approve is morale. it's almost like oI'm brekaintg his morlae code by living my life.

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
28-05-2013, 03:44 PM
I am now completely intrigued by the fact you are mentally ill and want to dress as a woman. Is that related? Did anyone ever tell you that is related, like your doctor that is a friend of your father? I sense a dark and deep conspiracy here.

I'm missing the point... Again. Damn. Be right back.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson