How can I resist the urge to be a dick?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-01-2017, 08:40 PM
(12-01-2017 08:36 PM)Fireball Wrote:  I'd suggest much along the lines of what JennyBee suggested, if you are sincere. Anything else I might have to say wouldn't be welcome here, since it's supposed to be supportive, not caustic (though it's generic and wouldn't necessarily be aimed at you, and is based in armchair psychology).

I appreciate you not being caustic. This is as you said, a support thread. I need help.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-01-2017, 08:45 PM
RE: How can I resist the urge to be a dick?
(12-01-2017 08:38 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(12-01-2017 08:29 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Are you ever a dick to people who don't give a shit, or only to people you know might actually be affected?
Now that you mention it, the person has to give a shit for it to satisfy my urges.

Quote:Because I've never felt the slightest bit offended by your perceived bullshit, and I figure it may be because I am of the above mentioned variety.
Interesting, very interesting.

Then perhaps your solution is to hang around people with thicker skin until you lose the habit Big Grin

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
12-01-2017, 08:45 PM
I am NOT a psychologist, but there is a line of thought that some people suffering depression (even unrecognized or undiagnosed) can be very mean/irritable and show little empathy to others.

Would it be helpful for you to see someone to talk about this and find out what's going on upstairs?

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes ShadowProject's post
12-01-2017, 08:54 PM
Go see a therapist.
You have something eating at you.
You probably know what that is.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
12-01-2017, 08:55 PM
(12-01-2017 08:45 PM)ShadowProject Wrote:  I am NOT a psychologist, but there is a line of thought that some people suffering depression (even unrecognized or undiagnosed) can be very mean/irritable and show little empathy to others.

Would it be helpful for you to see someone to talk about this and find out what's going on upstairs?

So I go see a shrink for being a dick? How do I explain that on the paperwork?
12-01-2017, 08:56 PM
(12-01-2017 08:40 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(12-01-2017 08:36 PM)Fireball Wrote:  I'd suggest much along the lines of what JennyBee suggested, if you are sincere. Anything else I might have to say wouldn't be welcome here, since it's supposed to be supportive, not caustic (though it's generic and wouldn't necessarily be aimed at you, and is based in armchair psychology).

I appreciate you not being caustic. This is as you said, a support thread. I need help.

That being said, this section is also not to be used to mock, or make light of, the serious problems of others by pretending to have a problem.
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
12-01-2017, 09:13 PM
(12-01-2017 08:55 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(12-01-2017 08:45 PM)ShadowProject Wrote:  I am NOT a psychologist, but there is a line of thought that some people suffering depression (even unrecognized or undiagnosed) can be very mean/irritable and show little empathy to others.

ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code N48.9

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
12-01-2017, 09:14 PM
(12-01-2017 08:55 PM)KUSA Wrote:  

Draw a picture.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
12-01-2017, 09:20 PM
No clue, I don't give much effort to not because interacting with people is less often entertaining.

I font get the what I assume many people seem to equate to get, emotional or simply base chemicals like dopamine boost being a dick or being overly polite to people. So maybe not care, idk.

Why panic when you can panik? via da Tapatalk

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
12-01-2017, 09:24 PM
(12-01-2017 09:14 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(12-01-2017 08:55 PM)KUSA Wrote:  So I go see a shrink for being a dick? How do I explain that on the paperwork?

Draw a picture.

Or make shadow puppets. With your hands of course Wink

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post