How can any sane person vote for Hillary Clinton?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-01-2016, 03:15 PM
RE: How can any sane person vote for Hillary Clinton?
(27-01-2016 01:24 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(27-01-2016 01:19 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Yes. If it comes down to a presidential debate between Hillary and Donald, Hillary would squish him like a bug. He'd have hissy fit over something though and blame it on the questions or the lighting or his podium didn't have enough gold leaf on it.
You and everyone else who claims this - go on and put your money where your mouth is. I'll wait. Thumbsup

Says the dude who doesn't even have a right to vote in this country. Tongue

If (and this is a huge IF) I am stuck between Hilary and Trump, I will vote for Hilary.

Honestly, I'm still hopeful both will be eliminated as the primary season starts.

Personally I wish we had ONE huge primary, everyone votes on the same day and it's done...rather than the pissing match about which state MUST go first...and by the time the last state votes it's already been decided (rendering their vote essentially useless).

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
27-01-2016, 03:16 PM
(27-01-2016 10:29 AM)BnW Wrote:  I'm not a fan, but I think for many people it will come down to the choices.

Hillary vs Trump?
Hillary vs Cruz?

I think she wins either of those elections in a landslide.

Yes, and even though I don't like her, she would get my vote in either of those elections. Despite all her faults, she is much much better than either of those wackos.

I plan on voting for Sanders in the primary, and in the general election if he makes it that far. I don't like everything about him either, but he is the best of the current candidates. But either Sanders or Clinton is infinitely preferable to any of the Republican candidates.
[+] 2 users Like Grasshopper's post
27-01-2016, 05:20 PM (This post was last modified: 27-01-2016 05:41 PM by GirlyMan.)
(27-01-2016 10:39 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(27-01-2016 10:29 AM)BnW Wrote:  I'm not a fan, but I think for many people it will come down to the choices.

Hillary vs Trump?
Hillary vs Cruz?

Are you joking? I think Trump would win against Hillary with ease. I'm so confident of that that I plan on betting close to $1,000 on him becoming president later this year.

You're gonna lose that money. Instead a much better bet would be $1000 he's gonna win the Republican nomination. Which will mean the Republican Party has gone the way of the Whigs never to be heard from again. Godspeed to them. And that's coming from a 35 year voting life-long registered Republican. William F. Buckley Jr. is rolling over in his grave.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
27-01-2016, 05:50 PM

Hillary vs Trump?
Hillary vs Cruz?

Are you joking? I think Trump would win against Hillary with ease. I'm so confident of that that I plan on betting close to $1,000 on him becoming president later this year.

Oh god, please just give me that $1,000 instead. No way you'd win that bet.

Trump v Hillary, Hillary wins every time. You're mistaking loud support as popular support.

You have to remember, people that vote republican are not always fanatical Christian conservative nutjobs. They tend to be normal people who just have more conservative views. That doesn't make them far right. If America is like most countries there will be a sizable center group who can swing either way and basically win or lose the election for a candidate. That group doesn't like Trump. Everyone can see he's a fucking nutjob. The every day normal person isn't gonna vote him but they would vote for Hilary, especially the women folk. (thank god we gave them the vote).

Trump is niche', he appeals to a very specific group and that group isn't large enough to win an election. Hilary however, she's a women, she's married to Bill, she's been around and has experience and she's somewhat likable at face value. For those that don't dive deep into politics (the vast majority of the population) she is a very viable presidential candidate.

The key is that that normal people center majority that can swing either way wouldn't vote for Trump but they would vote for Hilary.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
27-01-2016, 06:47 PM
(27-01-2016 05:50 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Oh god, please just give me that $1,000 instead. No way you'd win that bet.

Trump v Hillary, Hillary wins every time. You're mistaking loud support as popular support.

You have to remember, people that vote republican are not always fanatical Christian conservative nutjobs. They tend to be normal people who just have more conservative views. That doesn't make them far right. If America is like most countries there will be a sizable center group who can swing either way and basically win or lose the election for a candidate. That group doesn't like Trump. Everyone can see he's a fucking nutjob. The every day normal person isn't gonna vote him but they would vote for Hilary, especially the women folk. (thank god we gave them the vote).

Trump is niche', he appeals to a very specific group and that group isn't large enough to win an election. Hilary however, she's a women, she's married to Bill, she's been around and has experience and she's somewhat likable at face value. For those that don't dive deep into politics (the vast majority of the population) she is a very viable presidential candidate.

The key is that that normal people center majority that can swing either way wouldn't vote for Trump but they would vote for Hilary.

All of this. Moderates and educated people aren't going to vote for Herr Hairpiece. Women and minorities aren't going to either. People don't like her but they are starting to hate him. And, when they start to get "vote Trump" robo calls from the Klan and the Nazi party - something already happening in Iowa - they really aren't going to vote for him.

He may get through the primary but he gets killed in a national election.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
27-01-2016, 06:57 PM
(27-01-2016 06:47 PM)BnW Wrote:  
(27-01-2016 05:50 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Oh god, please just give me that $1,000 instead. No way you'd win that bet.

All of this. Moderates and educated people aren't going to vote for Herr Hairpiece. Women and minorities aren't going to either. People don't like her but they are starting to hate him. And, when they start to get "vote Trump" robo calls from the Klan and the Nazi party - something already happening in Iowa - they really aren't going to vote for him.

He may get through the primary but he gets killed in a national election.

He's a Poe and not really interested. He's just having fun until he's told to shut the fuck up by the people.

Then he'll slink away and try to rehash his tv show.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

27-01-2016, 06:59 PM
(27-01-2016 05:50 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  If America is like most countries.

It is not. Look at their out of control gun laws and constant mass shootings. It resembles more an African republic run by warlords.

It is sad because the country has done many great things. Although the first powered flight was likely done, not by the Wright brothers, but by a New Zealander, Richard Pearse. The Americans did excell afterwards.

I think their getting through WWII virtually with their land being unscathed, and then the Cold War, was their undoing. Also the paranoia of the McCarthy years, which can still be seen in their attitude to health care and such, has not helped.

The country was isolationist. Just as Japan had been before. The Japanese eventually embraced the modern world. Then attacked it. Something America has been doing following WWII.

The blowback from this has already begun. Sadly the population was largely ignorant of its government's actions. And it is they who will suffer.

If history follows its natural course, the country will become bankrupt and power will be taken by a dictator using the military. Probably in about 50 to 100 years. America is following the trajectory of the Roman republic.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
27-01-2016, 08:05 PM
(Shakes head).....

Look folks ...... You can either go along with the status quo, or you can tell the system to go fuck itself.... When you vote for the lesser of two evils, you're condoning evil.....

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results." -- Albert Einstein

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
27-01-2016, 08:13 PM
(27-01-2016 08:05 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  (Shakes head).....

Look folks ...... You can either go along with the status quo, or you can tell the system to go fuck itself.... When you vote for the lesser of two evils, you're condoning evil.....

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results." -- Albert Einstein

While I agree with you, I am sad to say it won't happen. I mentioned the Gracci to you once before. Patrician families are fighting amongst themselves for leadership. This will only continue to grow until one family becomes victorious over the others.

It is simple history. America is not immune to history. And as you say in mentioning Einstein, humans are mostly insane and as a result history repeats. Nietzsche called it The eternal recurrence.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
27-01-2016, 09:44 PM

Hillary vs Trump?
Hillary vs Cruz?

Invest that money now so that you can get at least a little interest to offset your loss.

Trump has a high floor and a low ceiling -- just like any other polarizing figure.