How can we DESTROY Islam?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-03-2016, 11:58 AM
RE: How can we DESTROY Islam?
(28-03-2016 11:57 AM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  
(28-03-2016 11:49 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  There's a problem with this.

How likely would, say, President Ted Cruz be to deploy a biological weapon that would kill him too?

Who said anything about the government being involved?

Okay, but still, anyone likely to create and deploy such a weapon would also be likely to fall victim to it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-03-2016, 12:08 PM
When you ask, how we can destroy islam, the simple solution is to destroy the people who take it seriously.

But what you really want to know is how can we get people to value other people more than they value their beliefs ?

Many Muslims value the barbaric punishments spelled out in their holy book more than they value another person's life, liberty or pursuit of happiness.

How can we change that ?
In the West, muslims do not follow Islam to the letter. Instead, they follow secular law. They follow secular law because there are consequences if they don't.

So if having secular law out weigh religious law is an answer, then it would seem that religious communities have to be taken over and a police force established that upholds secular law.

That is, if you don't want to kill them all.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
28-03-2016, 12:22 PM
(28-03-2016 11:58 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  
(28-03-2016 11:57 AM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  Who said anything about the government being involved?

Okay, but still, anyone likely to create and deploy such a weapon would also be likely to fall victim to it.

If the creator is looking for a way to avoid killing scientists and the non-religious, while effectively removing religious extremists... How would they fall victim to it, unless they happened to be a compatible host (if it's viral), and knew that the majority of the people they wanted to spare weren't compatible? Wouldn't it be more likely that they'd design the weapon to avoid harming people like themselves?

If you mean that they'd have to be similar to the religious extremists, and it would make them vulnerable... I'm sure they'd first look for markers or a mechanism that they personally DON'T share with the target.
28-03-2016, 12:25 PM
(28-03-2016 12:08 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  When you ask, how we can destroy islam, the simple solution is to destroy the people who take it seriously.

But what you really want to know is how can we get people to value other people more than they value their beliefs ?

Many Muslims value the barbaric punishments spelled out in their holy book more than they value another person's life, liberty or pursuit of happiness.

How can we change that ?
In the West, muslims do not follow Islam to the letter. Instead, they follow secular law. They follow secular law because there are consequences if they don't.

So if having secular law out weigh religious law is an answer, then it would seem that religious communities have to be taken over and a police force established that upholds secular law.

That is, if you don't want to kill them all.

I think Taqiyya pretty well covers how they should act in a society that's primarily non-muslim... So there's really no way to distinguish whether they're following the Quran to the t or not... Since it tells them to lie and shit to avoid danger and persecution.
28-03-2016, 01:10 PM
(28-03-2016 12:22 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  
(28-03-2016 11:58 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  Okay, but still, anyone likely to create and deploy such a weapon would also be likely to fall victim to it.

If the creator is looking for a way to avoid killing scientists and the non-religious, while effectively removing religious extremists... How would they fall victim to it, unless they happened to be a compatible host (if it's viral), and knew that the majority of the people they wanted to spare weren't compatible? Wouldn't it be more likely that they'd design the weapon to avoid harming people like themselves?

If you mean that they'd have to be similar to the religious extremists, and it would make them vulnerable... I'm sure they'd first look for markers or a mechanism that they personally DON'T share with the target.

Exactly. Anyone fanatical enough to use the weapon against someone else would likely be vulnerable to its effects and therefore not use it.

... that or they'd be too stupid to realize that they share the same markers.

Either way, problem.

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
28-03-2016, 01:49 PM
Quote:Trump has the answers. Believe me.

Trump has an answer but I'm sure Charles Manson , Robert Pickton and Bozo the clown and the homeless man who lives in the park near my house who's convinced the pigeons are Russian agents trying to steal his secret formula for perfect hair so...

pascal wager in a nut shell

god essentially wants a army of cowardly slaves who love it out of a selfish desire not to be punished and avoid said punishment by ideological luck
[+] 1 user Likes Dracomalice's post
29-03-2016, 05:01 AM
(27-03-2016 04:35 PM)Dom Wrote:  You don't have to. You just have to make the internet universally available. Curiosity will do the rest.
That's not true. Here's an excerpt from a Pew Research study on the views of Muslims who use the Internet:

"The survey findings also show that internet use has relatively little influence on Muslims’ views of Islam’s teachings. Holding other factors constant, Muslims who use the internet are about as likely as those who do not use it to say that Islam is the only path to heaven (rather than saying that many faiths can lead to eternal salvation). Internet users and non-users also are about equally inclined to say that Islam has only one true interpretation."
Source: http://www.pewforum.org/2013/05/31/among...n-culture/

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
29-03-2016, 05:47 AM
If we accept that we can't change their minds then... is that so bad? Either you sit back, hope for the best and wait for societies to evolve or you attempt to engineer them. So far as I can see engineering attempts have resulted in multiple atrocities and no real measurable progress in terms of improvements to people's lives, not to mention that those trying to do the engineering are not very lovable either.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
29-03-2016, 06:29 AM
(29-03-2016 05:47 AM)morondog Wrote:  If we accept that we can't change their minds then... is that so bad? Either you sit back, hope for the best and wait for societies to evolve or you attempt to engineer them. So far as I can see engineering attempts have resulted in multiple atrocities and no real measurable progress in terms of improvements to people's lives, not to mention that those trying to do the engineering are not very lovable either.

There are other options. Such as, we could focus on improving ourselves, weening ourselves off of fossil fuels which would then fundamentally undercut the very bases of power of the theocrats in charge. Show them that we have a better solution, and let them come to us.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
29-03-2016, 06:36 AM
(29-03-2016 06:29 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  There are other options. Such as, we could focus on improving ourselves, weening ourselves off of fossil fuels which would then fundamentally undercut the very bases of power of the theocrats in charge. Show them that we have a better solution, and let them come to us.

Clap Einstein

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post