How can we be sure it's real?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
28-07-2015, 02:34 PM
How can we be sure it's real?
Something that exists is objectively verifiable. Objective verification implies consistency. This is a fundamental principle that will be used as a guide for this thread.

I exist. If I go all over the world and meet the people of the world, I will be described as an handsome, negro man that's 179 cm tall with the name BlackMason. Everyone that has met me all over the world will describe me very consistently because I am objectively verifiable because I exist.

God doesn't exist because he is not objectively verifiable. The lack of consistency with his description is also sufficient to conclude that he doesn't exist. Christians say his name is Jehovah. Muslims say that they serve the same God as the Christians but his name is Allah and doesn't have a Son as the Christians claim. That's inconsistency which undermines objective verification. Further, the description of God changes dramatically depending on geography. Change your continent and you'll get different claims to his description.

If God was objectively verifiable then there would be no question as to which religion we should follow. There'd be no question as to which denomination within that religion we should be under. There would be unanimous agreement the world over. This would be the outcome if God existed because he would be objectively verifiable.

I anticipate that some will disagree with what I've said. They may say that objective verification is not necessary. To those people I say, you present an epistemological conundrum. Without objective verification you can't claim to know something because how would you know that you know it? Objective reality is the confirmation that we know something and that our knowledge is true.

Because of this, it is rational to conclude that God doesn't exist.

8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like BlackMason's post
28-07-2015, 02:48 PM
RE: How can we be sure it's real?
Yabut ---- you gotta have FAITH -- in the right "god" of course -- and failing that -- you get to burn for eternity...

It's only fair, right???

Dodgy

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
28-07-2015, 02:51 PM
Faith is an invalid means of acquiring knowledge. Reason is the only method of acquiring knowledge.

8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."
[+] 1 user Likes BlackMason's post
28-07-2015, 02:59 PM
I personally prefer inspecting chicken innards when it comes to learning.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
28-07-2015, 03:17 PM
and even within the christian community followers can't agree on even the most basic concepts.

is it okay to be gay? some will say yes, some will say no.
is the bible to be taken literally? some will say yes, some will say no.
can man be saved by works alone? some will say yes, some will say no.
...and so on and so forth.

if christians themselves can't agree on few simple questions how are we meant to take them seriously?
[+] 3 users Like Bear100's post
28-07-2015, 03:21 PM
Your rational thinking is getting in the way of your imagination. Imagine that a god is real and viola, that's all you need.

Obiwan: Luke feel the force and be one with the delusion.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 2 users Like Rahn127's post
28-07-2015, 03:40 PM
(28-07-2015 03:21 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Obiwan: Luke feel the force and be one with the delusion.

Han Solo the atheist: Hokie religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side kid Smile

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Octapulse's post
28-07-2015, 11:29 PM
It's almost as if it's a bunch of made up bullshit.

Oh well! Magic bitch!
[+] 1 user Likes Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
28-07-2015, 11:54 PM
(28-07-2015 02:34 PM)BlackMason Wrote:  Without objective verification you can't claim to know something because how would you know that you know it?
Yes, I can IF the Holy Ghost testifies to me.
It's like this: I know that I have to go home right now but I do not know why. I go home and I find my mother laying on the floor. Because I knew I had to go home my mother's life was saved.
How did I know that it was very urgent to go back home?
Do you know?

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
29-07-2015, 04:47 AM
(28-07-2015 11:54 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(28-07-2015 02:34 PM)BlackMason Wrote:  Without objective verification you can't claim to know something because how would you know that you know it?
Yes, I can IF the Holy Ghost testifies to me.
It's like this: I know that I have to go home right now but I do not know why. I go home and I find my mother laying on the floor. Because I knew I had to go home my mother's life was saved.
How did I know that it was very urgent to go back home?
Do you know?

How is your mother doing? Did she recover?

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user