How can we be sure it's real?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
29-07-2015, 01:42 PM
RE: How can we be sure it's real?
“ Something that exists is objectively verifiable“

But what if I object to being verified and keep saying “No. It was the other guy.“

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
29-07-2015, 01:43 PM
The only thing real is the chuck Norris roundhouse kick , everything else is an illusion.Sleepy

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
29-07-2015, 01:55 PM
(28-07-2015 11:54 PM)Alla Wrote:  Yes, I can IF the Holy Ghost testifies to me.
It's like this: I know that I have to go home right now but I do not know why. I go home and I find my mother laying on the floor. Because I knew I had to go home my mother's life was saved.
How did I know that it was very urgent to go back home?
Do you know?

You cannot possibly be serious when trying to assert that claim... Provide verifiable scientifically proven, peer reviewed evidence that the holy spirit testifies to you or anyone. Oh wait...you can't.

What about every other time that something happened to someone that you DID NOT feel the need to rush and help them out. How would you know? You don't and the fact that you recognize this particular instance can be explained by your confirmation bias, which is the tendency to search for, interpret and recall information in a way that confirms your beliefs.

Before you assert what you THINK can be proven, make sure you know how to locate fallacies within your argument.

Right now you have homework:

1.) Learn your fallacies (specifically false cause in this case)
2.) Learn to understand how confirmation bias works and how it affects your life.

Happy discovering! You're on your way to a religious-free life and it is WONDERFUL!

**Crickets** -- God
29-07-2015, 02:50 PM
Have u heard of a miracle, or have u seen witchcraft ..or even of the obvious fact that ghost ..demons and such exist ...or sorcery..do u know how they started or where they came from...definitely with this there should be some kinda supernatural force governing the earth...some supernatural being existing...
29-07-2015, 03:01 PM
(29-07-2015 02:50 PM)a_fash Wrote:  Have u heard of a miracle, or have u seen witchcraft ..or even of the obvious fact that ghost ..demons and such exist ...or sorcery..do u know how they started or where they came from...definitely with this there should be some kinda supernatural force governing the earth...some supernatural being existing...

Indeed people have. However, in an age where 'dash-cams' can record aircraft falling from the sky...... everything else you've mentioned seems to be here-say 'Woo'.
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
29-07-2015, 05:01 PM (This post was last modified: 29-07-2015 05:08 PM by Banjo.)
Have u heard of a miracle Please define a “miracle“, does space flight count

have u seen witchcraft. Please define which craft, you know like slautering bulls or something? I have worked on an abbotoir?

even of the obvious fact that ghost ..demons and such exist. You have stopped asking me quesions to telling me these things exist. Show me your proof. You fail.

..or sorcery..do u know how they started or where they came from...definitely with this there should be some kinda supernatural force governing the earth...some supernatural being existing...

Huge fails. You now assume to pressume that I have fallen for your childish plot twist that began earlier with the end of your questions. sorcery as some form of primitive ritual derived from humanities deep and ignorant past. is not built on peer reviewed evidence and is enjoyed by Buffy fans.

You then tell me a supernatural force rules the earth. Again define and prove this force. Now would be good.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
29-07-2015, 05:08 PM
(29-07-2015 01:41 PM)BlackMason Wrote:  You again. Are you cured of your racism?
I don't know. Are you cured from your racism?
(29-07-2015 01:41 PM)BlackMason Wrote:  The Holy Ghost could be a figment of your imagination. You could hear a voice in your head that doesn't belong to you which could be a sign of mental illness.
Yes, it could be but you do not know until you experience it yourself.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
29-07-2015, 05:12 PM
(29-07-2015 01:55 PM)Tonechaser77 Wrote:  
(28-07-2015 11:54 PM)Alla Wrote:  Yes, I can IF the Holy Ghost testifies to me.
It's like this: I know that I have to go home right now but I do not know why. I go home and I find my mother laying on the floor. Because I knew I had to go home my mother's life was saved.
How did I know that it was very urgent to go back home?
Do you know?

You cannot possibly be serious when trying to assert that claim... Provide verifiable scientifically proven, peer reviewed evidence that the holy spirit testifies to you or anyone. Oh wait...you can't.
Can I prove to you that lemon is delicious if you do not taste it yourself?

29-07-2015, 05:19 PM (This post was last modified: 29-07-2015 05:22 PM by GirlyMan.)
We can't. But we need to stipulate to it for the sake of dialog.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
29-07-2015, 05:21 PM
[quote='Tonechaser77' pid='822269' dateline='1438199703']
[quote='Alla' pid='821907' dateline='1438149271']
What about every other time that something happened to someone that you DID NOT feel the need to rush and help them out. How would you know?
I wouldn't know?
Only when God wants me to do something He will let me know. When God doesn't want me to do something He want give me this calling.
When there is no revelation(information) I can not know unknown.
So, why did I know that I have to go home?

P.S. Yes, I can say "I know" when Spirit testifies to me.