How can we be sure it's real?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
29-07-2015, 05:22 PM
RE: How can we be sure it's real?
(29-07-2015 05:19 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  We can't. But we need to stipulate it for the sake of dialog.

"for the sake of dialog" sounds good to me.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-07-2015, 05:27 PM
How can we be sure it's real?

**Crickets** -- God
29-07-2015, 05:41 PM
(29-07-2015 05:01 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Have u heard of a miracle Please define a “miracle“, does space flight count

have u seen witchcraft. Please define which craft, you know like slautering bulls or something? I have worked on an abbotoir?

even of the obvious fact that ghost ..demons and such exist. You have stopped asking me quesions to telling me these things exist. Show me your proof. You fail.

..or sorcery..do u know how they started or where they came from...definitely with this there should be some kinda supernatural force governing the earth...some supernatural being existing...

Huge fails. You now assume to pressume that I have fallen for your childish plot twist that began earlier with the end of your questions. sorcery as some form of primitive ritual derived from humanities deep and ignorant past. is not built on peer reviewed evidence and is enjoyed by Buffy fans.

You then tell me a supernatural force rules the earth. Again define and prove this force. Now would be good.
Let's not hide in the dark...have seen this things.. Black magic and the likes.
29-07-2015, 08:45 PM
The great "because"!

Please get in line to go in this circle.
30-07-2015, 01:44 AM
(29-07-2015 01:41 PM)BlackMason Wrote:  No, you misunderstand. One can't begin to make a confident statement that those stars exist. It is possible that they do exits though. Stating that they do exits is an argument from ignorance. To say that the stars exist is a knowledge claim. So we're back to the epistemological conundrum if they can't be objectively verified. Existence is a knowledge claim. Objective verification is the means by which we corroborate knowledge.

Sorry bro, you're the one in the wrong here.

Now you are back peddling. In your OP you said, "God doesn't exist because he is not objectively verifiable." If God does not exist because He is not objectively verifiable then you should also claim that some stars do not exist because they are not objectively verifiable.....at least if you want your thinking to be consistent. But you don't. You acknowledge that a star outside the observable universe can exist...even though it is not objectively verifiable.

Your thinking is a mess. Clean it up.
30-07-2015, 01:59 AM
(30-07-2015 01:44 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(29-07-2015 01:41 PM)BlackMason Wrote:  No, you misunderstand. One can't begin to make a confident statement that those stars exist. It is possible that they do exits though. Stating that they do exits is an argument from ignorance. To say that the stars exist is a knowledge claim. So we're back to the epistemological conundrum if they can't be objectively verified. Existence is a knowledge claim. Objective verification is the means by which we corroborate knowledge.

Sorry bro, you're the one in the wrong here.

Now you are back peddling. In your OP you said, "God doesn't exist because he is not objectively verifiable." If God does not exist because He is not objectively verifiable then you should also claim that some stars do not exist because they are not objectively verifiable.....at least if you want your thinking to be consistent. But you don't. You acknowledge that a star outside the observable universe can exist...even though it is not objectively verifiable.

We have billions of stars that are objectively verifiable. How many gods?

It's reasonable to say stars can exist outside of our ability to identity their existence because we have evidence that stars exist.
30-07-2015, 02:19 AM
(30-07-2015 01:59 AM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  
(30-07-2015 01:44 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Now you are back peddling. In your OP you said, "God doesn't exist because he is not objectively verifiable." If God does not exist because He is not objectively verifiable then you should also claim that some stars do not exist because they are not objectively verifiable.....at least if you want your thinking to be consistent. But you don't. You acknowledge that a star outside the observable universe can exist...even though it is not objectively verifiable.

We have billions of stars that are objectively verifiable. How many gods?

It's reasonable to say stars can exist outside of our ability to identity their existence because we have evidence that stars exist.

He claimed God does not exist BECAUSE God's existence is not objectively verifiable. Those are his words....not mine. His claim simply does not follow.

Have you ever seen a pink unicorn? Well guess what, it is possible that on planet which orbits one of those stars which lie outside the observable universe exists a heard of pink unicorns. Those unicorns exist or they do not exist regardless of your ability to verify it. Our ability to objectively verify something doesn't determine existence or rule it out as he suggested in his OP.

I am on good ground to call him out for his faulty logic. You should call him out too instead of letting him wallow in ridiculousness.
30-07-2015, 02:24 AM
(29-07-2015 05:21 PM)Alla Wrote:  [quote='Tonechaser77' pid='822269' dateline='1438199703']
[quote='Alla' pid='821907' dateline='1438149271']
What about every other time that something happened to someone that you DID NOT feel the need to rush and help them out. How would you know?
I wouldn't know?
Only when God wants me to do something He will let me know. When God doesn't want me to do something He want give me this calling.
When there is no revelation(information) I can not know unknown.
So, why did I know that I have to go home?

P.S. Yes, I can say "I know" when Spirit testifies to me.

Mindless drone with no brain of your own.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
30-07-2015, 02:38 AM
(30-07-2015 02:19 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(30-07-2015 01:59 AM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  We have billions of stars that are objectively verifiable. How many gods?

He claimed God does not exist BECAUSE God's existence is not objectively verifiable. Those are his words....not mine. His claim simply does not follow.

Have you ever seen a pink unicorn? Well guess what, it is possible that on planet which orbits one of those stars which lie outside the observable universe exists a heard of pink unicorns. Those unicorns exist or they do not exist regardless of your ability to verify it. Our ability to objectively verify something doesn't determine existence or rule it out as he suggested in his OP.

I am on good ground to call him out for his faulty logic. You should call him out too instead of letting him wallow in ridiculousness.

It's more plausible to surmise the existence of a unicorn than a god. I've seen a horse. I've seen animals with horns on their heads. I have never seen a magical being or entity that can defy the laws of nature.
30-07-2015, 02:48 AM (This post was last modified: 30-07-2015 02:54 AM by Heywood Jahblome.)
(30-07-2015 02:38 AM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  
(30-07-2015 02:19 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  He claimed God does not exist BECAUSE God's existence is not objectively verifiable. Those are his words....not mine. His claim simply does not follow.

It's more plausible to surmise the existence of a unicorn than a god. I've seen a horse. I've seen animals with horns on their heads. I have never seen a magical being or entity that can defy the laws of nature.

I'm not making a case for Gods existence in this thread. I am arguing that the OP's thinking and conclusion are ridiculous.

Do you agree with the OP's claim that "God does not exist because he is not objectively verifiable"

Yes or No?

Extra Terrestrials lack consistent description so they must not exist either. Of course that claim is ludicrous. The OP's argument, that God can't exist because He is not objectively verifiable/doesn't have a consistent description is garbage and should be tossed out like garbage too.