How can you argue against a Christian when...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-05-2011, 11:57 AM
RE: How can you argue against a Christian when...
Just tell them that if they think circular logic constitutes an argument, then frankly, they are not worth your time. Because they really are not.

I want to rip off your superstitions and make passionate sense to you
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-05-2011, 06:29 PM
[Image: 6a00d8341c730253ef0133f4b3bc8d970b-800wi]

This is way too far past disgusting! I'm a Navy vet myself, and it makes me want to puke to see these kids so horribly misled! Anyone who has went to battle since the Viet Nam days goes in knowing that they are fighting for these peoples rights too. I guess, for the gov to be fair, this must be allowed, but that damn sure does not make it right, or acceptable. If it weren't for all vets throughout the history of this country, these jerks would not be able to put on such displays.

Oxymoron: "Religious teaching"
"Simple common sense goes out the window when religion comes in through the door." Me (Blasphemy Fan )
[+] 1 user Likes blasphemy fan's post
27-05-2011, 05:13 AM
I saw a documentary about these people. I'm glad to say that they are just a small one family cult. A reporter accused the mother off manipulating her children. When she denied this he asked one of the children what a "fag" was. She didn't have a clue.

I want to rip off your superstitions and make passionate sense to you
27-05-2011, 12:11 PM
(25-05-2011 05:29 PM)Joe Wrote:  How can you argue against a Christian when their rebuttals consist of explanations like "well I can't prove it scientifically because God transcends all known laws" and generally anything which says "I can't prove it in any way at all but that's because God is all powerful and is beyond science"? What arguments would you pose towards someone making this point? I find it incredibly hard to debate with any Christian without my blood boiling since their points aren't supported by any sort of empirical evidence and it's just bullshit claims from the Bible, nothing tangible. What points would you guys make against something making these claims? I'm hoping these forums can help me construct some more effective arguments.

Just give up. I get those arguments all the time as well as (when pointing to illogical/immoral actions/commands by God) 'we cannot judge God by our standards of logic as he is totally different to us' and (my personal favourite) 'God is God' which apparently, to a believer, can negate any argument.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
27-05-2011, 05:38 PM (This post was last modified: 27-05-2011 05:45 PM by GirlyMan.)
(25-05-2011 05:29 PM)Joe Wrote:  How can you argue against a Christian when their rebuttals consist of explanations like "well I can't prove it scientifically because God transcends all known laws" and generally anything which says "I can't prove it in any way at all but that's because God is all powerful and is beyond science"? What arguments would you pose towards someone making this point?

None. They are beyond reason. It'd be like arguing metaphysics with my dog.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
27-05-2011, 05:53 PM

(25-05-2011 06:01 PM)MasterRottweiler Wrote:  Well, first of all, greetings Joe and welcome to the forum Smile

Thanks Smile

Seems there's a few ways of handling this, I'll be sure to try them out sometime and see how they react. Unfortunately it seems once you're a believer you're kept in by circular logic and catch-all answers like "Well God is all powerful so he can do the impossible". It seems the Bible has plenty of those kind of things to pretty much quell any argument from a non-believer in their eyes.
Quote this message in a reply
27-05-2011, 06:04 PM

i'll probably give you a n00bish answer, but it's the best i've got xD and it seems you've already gotten your help >.> but i want to contribute too D:

i would say, "and you expect me to acknowledge your belief in an invisible man who has no proof besides the faith of a bunch of believers? well, i believe that believing in something with no basis is called a delusion, my friend."

kinda harsh, but i wanted to give something, too D:
Quote this message in a reply
27-05-2011, 06:17 PM (This post was last modified: 27-05-2011 06:24 PM by blasphemy fan.)
(27-05-2011 05:38 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  [quote]
None. They are beyond reason. It'd be like arguing metaphysics with my dog.

GirlyMan:
My experiences with these types have equaled yours. These "militant/anti-militant" types have built such high walls around themselves that logic hasn't the proverbial "snowballs chance in hell" of reaching them. Speaking logically, or reasonably with these types is like speaking in tongues to a dyslexic person.
I used to use this line about christians, until I was told it was first used in the bible:
"There are none so blind as those who refuse to see" I had always figured it was a Twain line, and wondered what the rest would be. Twain always had a hook on his.
My favorite T-shirt was one I had made. I need to get another one made, it said:

B ook
I ncluding
B iggest
L ies
E ver!

with a bible pictured under the text.
'The spacing is not working out here. There is more space between the first letter and the 2nd than is allowed here.

I used to wear it in downtown Sarasota, Fl all the time! All those rich christians would just GLARE at it, and me. Tongue
Better to just show it, than engage them in debate sometimes!

"Simple common sense goes out the window when religion comes in through the door." Me (Blasphemy Fan )
27-05-2011, 09:07 PM (This post was last modified: 27-05-2011 09:21 PM by GirlyMan.)
(27-05-2011 06:17 PM)blasphemy fan Wrote:  These "militant/anti-militant" types have built such high walls around themselves that logic hasn't the proverbial "snowballs chance in hell" of reaching them.

Whoa there prospective blasphemer, I got no problem respecting and getting along with all people of all faith. I'm not trying to proselytize godlessness. Most just can't handle the fact that we're all temporary and try to build up various untenable defenses against that abhorrence. Not their fault, not my job to fix them, and I got no problem with that.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
28-05-2011, 12:16 AM
(27-05-2011 09:07 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(27-05-2011 06:17 PM)blasphemy fan Wrote:  These "militant/anti-militant" types have built such high walls around themselves that logic hasn't the proverbial "snowballs chance in hell" of reaching them.

Whoa there prospective (?) blasphemer, I got no problem respecting and getting along with all people of all faith. I'm not trying to proselytize godlessness. Most just can't handle the fact that we're all temporary and try to build up various untenable defenses against that abhorrence. Not their fault, not my job to fix them, and I got no problem with that.

Sorry if your offended, I was just agreeing with what you said.

But these types that would have children holding posters disrespecting dead Marines, I have no use for them what so ever! And if that offends anyone, I don't give a damn. Without the vets who have given their lives for this country, we would not have the lives we have today. If someone wants to spit on the graves of those who died defending them, as far as I'm concerned, they should just get the hell out of our country!