How can you argue against a Christian when...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-05-2011, 05:43 PM (This post was last modified: 28-05-2011 06:00 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: How can you argue against a Christian when...
(28-05-2011 12:16 AM)blasphemy fan Wrote:  Sorry if your offended, I was just agreeing with what you said.

Yeah I got that and no I'm not offended (I'm not even sure I'm capable of being offended anymore).

I was just cautioning that "militant atheism" can be as obnoxious as "militant theism". I find all manner of proselytization repugnant. When I get into conversations with Christian folk and they learn of my lack of belief they usually ask how I came to be this way. I tell them that the promise of a postmortem preservation of identity is not only untenable, it is delusional bullshit. That's usually where the conversation ends. On those occasions where it doesn't ... well those tend to be the more constructive and productive dialogues.

(28-05-2011 12:16 AM)blasphemy fan Wrote:  But these types that would have children holding posters disrespecting dead Marines, I have no use for them what so ever! And if that offends anyone, I don't give a damn. Without the vets who have given their lives for this country, we would not have the lives we have today. If someone wants to spit on the graves of those who died defending them, as far as I'm concerned, they should just get the hell out of our country!

Yeah, that's what I'm cautioning against. You're allowing yourself to become angry because you see ignorance in others. You'll be non-stop angry if you let that get a hold on you. No good can come of that.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-05-2011, 06:36 PM
(28-05-2011 05:43 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Yeah, that's what I'm cautioning against. You're allowing yourself to become angry because you see ignorance in others. You'll be non-stop angry if you let that get a hold on you. No good can come of that.
There are few things that get my goat, but blatant intended disrespect of any fallen heroes is on the TOP of my shitlist! Angry
Being ex-military myself, I simply cannot fathom the mind(less)set of anyone who would say or write such atrocious words. If I have only one nerve to strike, well...that's it!
When you see my other posts you will see that I'm pretty calm and casual. My two favorite past times are learning, and laughing. I like to learn, and when able, I like to pass it on to someone else who is learning. A good laugh or two along either road is always a plus. Smile

Oxymoron: "Religious teaching"
"Simple common sense goes out the window when religion comes in through the door." Me (Blasphemy Fan )
28-05-2011, 07:10 PM (This post was last modified: 28-05-2011 07:16 PM by GirlyMan.)
(28-05-2011 06:36 PM)blasphemy fan Wrote:  There are few things that get my goat, but blatant intended disrespect of any fallen heroes is on the TOP of my shitlist! Angry
Being ex-military myself, ...

I'm ex-military myself, but I think I'd disrespect the fallen even more if I even so much as recognized the pathetic attempts of meaningless fly shit trying to goad me into some sort of response during a time reserved for a more worthwhile purpose. They're not even worth a glance. ... now if they start to get rabid and violent because nobody's paying them enough attention anymore ... well that's a different story.

(28-05-2011 06:36 PM)blasphemy fan Wrote:  My two favorite past times are learning, and laughing. ... A good laugh or two along either road is always a plus. Smile

Spent a good deal of time on the learning part, now concentrating mostly on the laughing part. It all really is funny as shit. Smile

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.