How can you deny evolution?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-10-2010, 03:57 PM
RE: How can you deny evolution?
(14-10-2010 03:02 AM)Emperor Paradox Wrote:  I find it hard not to deny Evolution until someone can tell me how evolution created life. can anyone tell me that?

Abiogenesis is the study of how life originated, or came into existence. Evolution didn't start until life existed. There are a number of youtube videos that explain abiogenesis in layman terms that may help you understand the process.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-10-2010, 04:03 AM

(14-10-2010 03:27 AM)Emperor Paradox Wrote:  but it leaves the question of how life came to be
to date i can't find a reason other than god

Then you haven't really been looking. I'll freely admit that the science of abiogenesis is not as well developed as the ToE is at this point in time, but by the time it gets to be 150 years old (presuming it started with Miller/Urey in the 1950s) I think it will be pretty much there. We'll be able to demonstrate how life may have begun (it will be impossible to explain how exactly life as we know it actually did begin), and probably have some artificial life created using these techniques.

If you're in the mood for a video that gives an outline of current thinking, see potholer54's "The Origins of Life Made Easy".
Quote this message in a reply
15-10-2010, 05:02 AM

(14-10-2010 03:27 AM)Emperor Paradox Wrote:  but it leaves the question of how life came to be
to date i can't find a reason other than god
So god can be inserted into every gap in scientific knowledge? What happens when science fills a gap and the "god hypothesis" is no longer needed to bridge that particular gap?

See: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vrpPPV_y...re=related

As science progresses, gaps in our knowledge are filled in and there's less and less that needs to be "explained" by the "god hypothesis". Why not take the logical step and consider the "god hypothesis" to be of no value whatsoever? An "explanation" that "god did it" is not a rational explanation. The fact that you apparently consider it to be a viable alternative is no reason that we have to accept it.
15-10-2010, 08:55 AM
(14-10-2010 04:40 AM)Emperor Paradox Wrote:  1 this is not about the beginning of life but how it evolves

You brought up the Cambrian Explosion. If you do not mean that to be a comment on the beginning of life, what do you mean to say by bringing it up? Nothing in the Cambrian Explosion defies evolutionary theory. What about it do you think does?

Quote:2 the Cambrian Explosion was the sudden appearance of over 36 Phylum within 5-10 million years.

This is true.

Quote:This is like as one evolutionary scientist said, the major animal groups “appear in the fossil record as Athena did from the head of Zeus-full blown and raring to go”

This is false. As has already been mentioned, the Cambrian Explosion lasted for at least five million years. This is hardly instantaneous. And not all animal phyla appeared during the Cambrian Explosion. Many formed much later. Most plant phyla also formed much later, once life had fully established itself on land.

"Sometimes it is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness."
- Terry Pratchett
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-10-2010, 04:34 PM

How can Christians deny evolution?

How can they believe in the God of the Bible?

Theists set aside rational discretion in order to live their life according to irrational religious precepts. That alone says, not only is Christianity unintelligent, but it's survived for 3 thousand years because the fear paradigm that's manifest by the first part of it's programming, in the Old Testament, is afforded relief if one but accepts what is written in the New Testament that promises to save them from the God of the Old Testament.

Suffice to say, when the Bible says it in Genesis, that god created everything, to claim evolution altered or changed what was created is to say that's not godly. And that's to say, when change is apparent it's not evolution, it's god messing with the buttons and gizmos, so as to make it happen. No answer? It's god! No clue? God works in mysterious ways! How the hell did that happen? It's a mystery! All answers arrive in god's time.

There's an answer for everything in the Theists world, and it all revolves around god.
Plus, being promised to burn for eternity in Hell fire, goes a long way to encourage faith. Which is why when the church burned people at the stake in old Europe, they did so so as to purge the sinner of their sin so they'd not suffer those same fires in Hell, but for eternity. Visual programming, as some villages/faithful were ordered by the church to attend the human BBQ, so they could watch and learn to be of service to the lord.

That combined with "gods word" that commands obedience, faith or else, corrals that intellect, which is why the faithful are called, Sheep. (Stupid animals)
Blessed is the man that feareth the Lord... Wealth and riches
shall be in his house...
- Psalms 112:1-3

And Genesis "creation" is absolute truth and eternal. God says so, quite a few times so you get it. Wink
Isaiah 40:6-8,1 Peter 1:23, 25; James 1:9-11
15-10-2010, 06:32 PM
(15-10-2010 04:34 PM)GassyKitten Wrote:  Visual programming, as some villages/faithful were ordered by the church to attend the human BBQ, so they could watch and learn to be of service to the lord.

In other words, to be scared shitless so they do the bidding of the clergy.
15-10-2010, 07:57 PM

(15-10-2010 06:32 PM)No J. Wrote:  
(15-10-2010 04:34 PM)GassyKitten Wrote:  Visual programming, as some villages/faithful were ordered by the church to attend the human BBQ, so they could watch and learn to be of service to the lord.

In other words, to be scared shitless so they do the bidding of the clergy.
Well, yes.
However, isn't all of the Christian dogma based on that dynamic? Scare shitless with penalties promised for non-compliance to god's will and laws?
Hell! The great motivator.
03-11-2010, 03:50 PM
How most people think evolution works:

[Image: evolution.jpg]

How evolution more accurately works:

[Image: 368px-Age-of-Man-wiki.jpg]
07-11-2010, 05:07 AM

(10-09-2010 06:49 PM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  This is something I always wondered. It's just so easy to prove.

I mean, lets have a simple evidence: Domestic animals, more specifically the dog.

I mean, the King Charles Spaniel subspecies of domestic dog is less than 300 years old, and we know for sure it didn't pop out of the air or randomly arrive in a litter of St Bernard puppies.

What are creationists thinking?
Well i must say this is brilliant examples FOR DESIGN
Let me explain why

Did the King Charles Spaniel slowly evolve naturally over time and then people went wow thats a cool dog I want it.

No Man bred it picking out the dogs with the bit they wanted so they had the breed they wanted.

So this shows evolution needing an Intelligent being AKA a designer
07-11-2010, 05:24 AM
Quote:Well i must say this is brilliant examples FOR DESIGN
Let me explain why

Did the King Charles Spaniel slowly evolve naturally over time and then people went wow thats a cool dog I want it.

No Man bred it picking out the dogs with the bit they wanted so they had the breed they wanted.

So this shows evolution needing an Intelligent being AKA a designer
So, if it wouldn't have been man who bred the King Charles Spaniel, but it would have been nature, then it wouldn't have evolved?

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.