How can you deny evolution?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-11-2010, 12:15 AM

RE: How can you deny evolution?
(08-11-2010 04:45 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Emperor Paradox > When I, or any atheist for that matter, debate with theists, we are expected to at least understand the topic. That topic being the bible, god, religion, etc. I don't think you understand evolution, as evidenced by your previous statements on the subject. May I suggest reading "The Greatest Show on Earth"? It will give you a far better understanding of evolution, and leave you far better equipped to debate the topic. (Though once you've read it, there will be little left to debate. For example, after just an hour or two of reading, your "dog argument" will be explained as false in terms that no thinking person can refute).

Actually I prefer to learn about evolution from the100 biologists, chemists, zoologists, physicists, anthropologists, molecular and cell biologists, bioengineers,, organic chemists, geologists, astrophysicists and other scientists with Doctorates from Cambridge, Stanford, Cornell, Yate, Rutgers, Chicago, Princeton, Purdue, Duke, Michigan, Syracuse, Temple and Berkeley who all say they are sceptical about evolution. I prefer to learn from scientist not the media propaganda so many sceptics throw out.
Quote this message in a reply
11-11-2010, 02:58 AM
(11-11-2010 12:15 AM)Emperor Paradox Wrote:  
(08-11-2010 04:45 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Emperor Paradox > When I, or any atheist for that matter, debate with theists, we are expected to at least understand the topic. That topic being the bible, god, religion, etc. I don't think you understand evolution, as evidenced by your previous statements on the subject. May I suggest reading "The Greatest Show on Earth"? It will give you a far better understanding of evolution, and leave you far better equipped to debate the topic. (Though once you've read it, there will be little left to debate. For example, after just an hour or two of reading, your "dog argument" will be explained as false in terms that no thinking person can refute).

Actually I prefer to learn about evolution from the100 biologists, chemists, zoologists, physicists, anthropologists, molecular and cell biologists, bioengineers,, organic chemists, geologists, astrophysicists and other scientists with Doctorates from Cambridge, Stanford, Cornell, Yate, Rutgers, Chicago, Princeton, Purdue, Duke, Michigan, Syracuse, Temple and Berkeley who all say they are sceptical about evolution. I prefer to learn from scientist not the media propaganda so many sceptics throw out.

Wow, it sounds like you have some great resources available to you. Among these scientists, doctors, professors and the like, who are the ones from which you gather your information? Who have you spoken to? Whose papers have you read? Whose classes have you attended?

It's really quite easy to list a bunch of professions and schools. But once again your attempt to appear knowledgable is transparent. You may very well be able to name a few sceptics within the scientific community. These would be the 1% of scientists that are not convinced that evolution is accurate. The overwhelmingly vast majority of the scientific community accept evolution as virtually irrefutable. Sorry E.P. Science just doesn't have your back on this.

[Image: StarkLord01.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-11-2010, 03:14 AM

To throw it out there I get most of my information from an atheist.
11-11-2010, 03:19 AM
Well, first off, being an atheist gives your nameless source of information zero credibility. Second, the fact that most of your information comes from one person is very telling.

11-11-2010, 03:39 AM

I don’t gain all my information from one source but interviews by an Atheist (so don't call the facts biased) with many scientists.
11-11-2010, 03:56 AM
Quote:who all say they are sceptical about evolution.
And? Do they have arguments against evolution? Pointing out a few scientists who are sceptical about evolution doesn't say anything. And why do you prefer learning evolution from (pseudo?-)sceptics? I doubt you prefer learning about the holocaust from some holocaust pseudo-sceptics or deniers.

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
11-11-2010, 08:05 AM
So, E.P., can you answer the questions in post #72 or not? Or are you just going to pretend the questions aren't there?

11-11-2010, 08:12 AM
Quote:Actually I prefer to learn about evolution from the100 biologists, chemists, zoologists, physicists, anthropologists, molecular and cell biologists, bioengineers,, organic chemists, geologists, astrophysicists and other scientists with Doctorates from Cambridge, Stanford, Cornell, Yate, Rutgers, Chicago, Princeton, Purdue, Duke, Michigan, Syracuse, Temple and Berkeley who all say they are sceptical about evolution. I prefer to learn from scientist not the media propaganda so many sceptics throw out.

Ok, now you've got my rapt attention. Please, so I can learn and be enlightened, provide the names and articles you've read from these various esteemed scientists from Cambridge, Stanford, Cornell, Yale, Rutgers, Chicago, Princeton, Purdue, Duke, Michigan, Syracuse, Temple and Berkeley who all say they are skeptical about evolution so I too can learn.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
11-11-2010, 08:24 AM
(11-11-2010 12:15 AM)Emperor Paradox Wrote:  Actually I prefer to learn about evolution from the100 biologists, chemists, zoologists, physicists, anthropologists, molecular and cell biologists, bioengineers,, organic chemists, geologists, astrophysicists and other scientists with Doctorates from Cambridge, Stanford, Cornell, Yate, Rutgers, Chicago, Princeton, Purdue, Duke, Michigan, Syracuse, Temple and Berkeley who all say they are sceptical about evolution.

As opposed to the hundreds of thousands who aren't, you mean?

Quote:I prefer to learn from scientist not the media propaganda so many sceptics throw out.

Facts are propaganda now?

(11-11-2010 03:14 AM)Emperor Paradox Wrote:  To throw it out there I get most of my information from an atheist.

Which means absolutely nothing. Number one, I don't buy it for a second; and number two, even if it's true, it's irrelevant. Your information is still wrong.

"Sometimes it is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness."
- Terry Pratchett
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-07-2014, 12:14 AM
reason for denial

God created man in his image
God created the universe for man
thus man is superior to all but god

take that away and all your left with is that notion man is nothing but an insignificant dot in this universe

IMO denying evolution amounts to protecting ones own ego

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Significance of Evolution vs. Intelligent Design Locke 7 144 08-08-2014 11:35 PM
Last Post: Locke
  micro "versus" macro evolution goodwithoutgod 9 163 08-08-2014 07:49 PM
Last Post: goodwithoutgod
  Are we impacting our own evolution? Impulse 55 798 26-05-2014 08:25 PM
Last Post: cjlr
  Is Evolution a Belief? (Clearly Not) Forthright Atheist 28 531 23-05-2014 05:05 PM
Last Post: dancefortwo
  Is American Evolution Education Good Enough? (Teachers and Professors Only Please) carasaurus_wres 2 83 25-04-2014 09:22 PM
Last Post: jaguar3030
  Evolution in the Classroom Survey carasaurus_wres 10 223 24-04-2014 05:56 AM
Last Post: wazzel
  Evolution test #2 Full Circle 14 210 10-04-2014 12:13 PM
Last Post: Full Circle