Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-07-2014, 06:38 AM
RE: How can you deny evolution?
(12-07-2014 12:14 AM)Ace Wrote:  reason for denial

God created man in his image
God created the universe for man
thus man is superior to all but god

take that away and all your left with is that notion man is nothing but an insignificant dot in this universe

IMO denying evolution amounts to protecting ones own ego

Pretty much.

However, don't discount the existential fear that comes with the realization that we are not here for any purpose.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-07-2014, 06:50 AM
Re: RE: How can you deny evolution?

take that away and all your left with is that notion man is nothing but an insignificant dot in this universe

But he still has that claim to most superior being on earths... Well, On earths land.

"Love is hot, Truth is molten!"
Find all posts by this user
12-07-2014, 07:58 AM
This thread is three years old, why is it back to life?

[Image: hyena_icon_large_by_griffsnuff-d3juy9l.gif] All request for metazoa info and my larger projects should be sent PM
12-07-2014, 08:51 AM
(12-07-2014 07:58 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  This thread is three years old, why is it back to life?

It was only mostly dead.

It's evolving.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
12-07-2014, 01:55 PM
(12-07-2014 07:58 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  This thread is three years old, why is it back to life?

So it can ascend to heaven and come back centuries later to judge us all.

"Atheism is not a philosophy; it is not even a view of the world; it is simply a refusal to deny the obvious." - Sam Harris

"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible God and destory's a visible Nature. Unaware that the Nature he's destroying is the God he is worshipping. - Hubert Reeves
12-07-2014, 02:07 PM
(10-09-2010 06:49 PM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  This is something I always wondered. It's just so easy to prove.

I mean, lets have a simple evidence: Domestic animals, more specifically the dog.

I mean, the King Charles Spaniel subspecies of domestic dog is less than 300 years old, and we know for sure it didn't pop out of the air or randomly arrive in a litter of St Bernard puppies.

What are creationists thinking?

I had never seen this thread before...got a good laugh out it. My dogs are so far from wolves or any other wild canine that they are almost a different animal altogether.

As mentioned in the OP - here is one of my KC Spaniels looking quite ferocious - killer instincts at their peak. Laughat

[img][Image: Sohappytobehome.jpg][/img]

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
13-07-2014, 09:54 PM
are you trying to say that a fish gave birth to a puppy? did I come out of a monkey?

Evolution is crap because God sent Darwin to hell.

God is cool, Jeebus is my bud, touche atheists.

"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be."- Albert Einstein.

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Steven Hawking
13-07-2014, 09:57 PM
(12-07-2014 06:38 AM)Chas Wrote:  

Pretty much.

However, don't discount the existential fear that comes with the realization that we are not here for any purpose.

This time, no sarcasm, but what do you mean by existential? Are you emplying existentialism? Cause that sounds rather ironic granted the philosophy of it.

"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be."- Albert Einstein.

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Steven Hawking