How come Islam is legit when it had only one prophet

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-11-2013, 01:03 PM
RE: How come Islam is legit when it had only one prophet
http://www.skepticsannotatedbible.com/cr...quran.html
From what little i have studied , the quran is more vague and has less outright contradictions .

Islam has a more sensible creation fable
http://creation.com/the-koran-qur-an-vs-genesis

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes sporehux's post
06-11-2013, 01:11 PM
(06-11-2013 12:46 PM)Chazz Wrote:  
(06-11-2013 12:13 PM)nooneofconsequence Wrote:  Mohammad is the last prophet, not the only prophet.

Which is something of a problem for the Mormons, who when it comes to prophets, seem to have an embarrassment of riches.

It's also why the Muslims have such a bent against the Baha'i.

-- Max

Wasn't Joseph Smith the last prophet according to Mormonism. I have to be honest i have never read it, although i want too Tongue

Speaking of "The Last Prophet" have you heard of the prophet "Mani":
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mani_%28prophet%29
I believe this Tongue Just joking Smile

The Book of Mormon is pretty grim. Think of it as Judeo-Christian fan fiction.

The Mormons have an ongoing tradition of "prophets" who make revelations on an as needed basis. Historically blacks could not be admitted to the Mormon priesthood. In the 70s this became the focus of pretty heavy political pressure and so a "prophecy" was handed down from God which lifted that inconvenient provision.

Same thing with polygamy. So Mormonism can be tailored to fit the modern lifestyle.

A bit like Catholicism, really.

-- Max

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone else's blood. I am not afraid to go out of it that way.
[+] 1 user Likes nooneofconsequence's post
06-11-2013, 01:15 PM
(06-11-2013 01:11 PM)nooneofconsequence Wrote:  
(06-11-2013 12:46 PM)Chazz Wrote:  Wasn't Joseph Smith the last prophet according to Mormonism. I have to be honest i have never read it, although i want too Tongue

Speaking of "The Last Prophet" have you heard of the prophet "Mani":
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mani_%28prophet%29
I believe this Tongue Just joking Smile

The Book of Mormon is pretty grim. Think of it as Judeo-Christian fan fiction.

The Mormons have an ongoing tradition of "prophets" who make revelations on an as needed basis. Historically blacks could not be admitted to the Mormon priesthood. In the 70s this became the focus of pretty heavy political pressure and so a "prophecy" was handed down from God which lifted that inconvenient provision.

Same thing with polygamy. So Mormonism can be tailored to fit the modern lifestyle.

A bit like Catholicism, really.

-- Max

Jesus appearing in North America.
Well now i have heard it all Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlro921FXkU
06-11-2013, 01:24 PM
(06-11-2013 01:03 PM)sporehux Wrote:  http://www.skepticsannotatedbible.com/cr...quran.html
From what little i have studied , the quran is more vague and has less outright contradictions .

I've noticed this as well... it seems somewhat accepting in certain areas, though it persistently clings to rigidity in others. Just how it's written often leaves very little wiggle room for discussion on some things.

I'm reading it off and on just recently... and by read, I mean slogging through a blurry, verbose, mindlessly repetitive folk tale of a goat herder turned warlord. The third & forth chapters pertain to family and women; pretty fucked up. Really though... it's kind of boring, so far. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
06-11-2013, 01:32 PM
(06-11-2013 01:24 PM)kim Wrote:  
(06-11-2013 01:03 PM)sporehux Wrote:  http://www.skepticsannotatedbible.com/cr...quran.html

I've noticed this as well... it seems somewhat accepting in certain areas, though it persistently clings to rigidity in others. Just how it's written often leaves very little wiggle room for discussion on some things.

I'm reading it off and on just recently... and by read, I mean slogging through a blurry, verbose, mindlessly repetitive folk tale of a goat herder turned warlord. The third & forth chapters pertain to family and women; pretty fucked up. Really though... it's kind of boring, so far. Drinking Beverage

It's 50% fascinating insight into the world view of a handful of 7th century Arab shepherds and 50% mind numbing tedium.

Interestingly many Islamic authorities believe that abortion is acceptable up to 40 days after conception and others 120 days. It all depends on when you think Allah (the merciful, the compassionate) breathed the soul into the little womb-booger.

-- Max

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone else's blood. I am not afraid to go out of it that way.
06-11-2013, 01:38 PM
I think the Islamic authorities allow the abortion of 6 year old girl, providing she can entice an uncle to rape her.

Too much.............

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
06-11-2013, 02:03 PM
Apart from trivial things what is the true difference between Christianity and Islam? Isaac and Ishmael right? I would say both stories are just as (non) credible.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
06-11-2013, 02:11 PM
(06-11-2013 11:15 AM)Chazz Wrote:  Muhammad was the only prophet of islam.
While Judeo/Christianity had many prophets that wrote their scripture at the time event in their present day, and Bible being collection of books of the prophets is much more believable than one man claiming something.

I am not a believer in christianity, but i'd say compared to islam, it is much more reliable if i had to choose. I am not so sure when quran was written, but some says it was 200 years after muhammad's death.
So how can it be claimed relaible with that much time period lost.

Also according to islam, Jesus didn't die on a cross, i mean.

If you would believe something, what would make most sense.
Islam: 600 years after the death of Jesus Christ.

Or witnesses that where there during the time when he was alive, and was written down in scriptures not long after his death. Which was the start of the Christian movement.

I mean, muslims even claim that "Alexander the Great" was a muslim, which is a lie compared to historical fact.

So how come muslims haven't questioned this yet, or can they, huh, i wonder?
What do you think about it Smile
I am curious to hear what your opinion on this whole is. Feel free to share what you think?

It isn't legit. The scriptures add to establish facts, find multiple witnesses. Many people seeing God during the Exodus is far more compelling that Muhammed hearing an angel in a cave with no one to witness the event.
06-11-2013, 02:16 PM
(06-11-2013 02:11 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
While Judeo/Christianity had many prophets that wrote their scripture at the time event in their present day, and Bible being collection of books of the prophets is much more believable than one man claiming something.

I am not a believer in christianity, but i'd say compared to islam, it is much more reliable if i had to choose. I am not so sure when quran was written, but some says it was 200 years after muhammad's death.

Or witnesses that where there during the time when he was alive, and was written down in scriptures not long after his death. Which was the start of the Christian movement.

I mean, muslims even claim that "Alexander the Great" was a muslim, which is a lie compared to historical fact.

I am curious to hear what your opinion on this whole is. Feel free to share what you think?

It isn't legit. The scriptures add to establish facts, find multiple witnesses. Many people seeing God during the Exodus is far more compelling that Muhammed hearing an angel in a cave with no one to witness the event.

You are so mind-numbingly delusional, it no longer surprises me the crap you come up with.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
06-11-2013, 02:19 PM (This post was last modified: 06-11-2013 02:22 PM by Losty.)
(06-11-2013 02:11 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  

Neither one is compelling. There are millions of people from every place and time on earth who have claimed to see or have actually seen things that are not there. They could all benefit from a few doses of Risperdal imo.