How come Islam is legit when it had only one prophet

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-11-2013, 02:20 PM
RE: How come Islam is legit when it had only one prophet
(06-11-2013 02:11 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
(06-11-2013 11:15 AM)Chazz Wrote:  Muhammad was the only prophet of islam.
While Judeo/Christianity had many prophets that wrote their scripture at the time event in their present day, and Bible being collection of books of the prophets is much more believable than one man claiming something.

I am not a believer in christianity, but i'd say compared to islam, it is much more reliable if i had to choose. I am not so sure when quran was written, but some says it was 200 years after muhammad's death.
So how can it be claimed relaible with that much time period lost.

Also according to islam, Jesus didn't die on a cross, i mean.

If you would believe something, what would make most sense.
Islam: 600 years after the death of Jesus Christ.

Or witnesses that where there during the time when he was alive, and was written down in scriptures not long after his death. Which was the start of the Christian movement.

I mean, muslims even claim that "Alexander the Great" was a muslim, which is a lie compared to historical fact.

So how come muslims haven't questioned this yet, or can they, huh, i wonder?
What do you think about it Smile
I am curious to hear what your opinion on this whole is. Feel free to share what you think?

It isn't legit. The scriptures add to establish facts, find multiple witnesses. Many people seeing God during the Exodus is far more compelling that Muhammed hearing an angel in a cave with no one to witness the event.

I thought "no one has seen you and lived ".
John 1:18 "No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him know".

Oopsy.

(There was no Exodus event).
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...ble-Bull-s

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
06-11-2013, 02:31 PM
(06-11-2013 02:11 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
(06-11-2013 11:15 AM)Chazz Wrote:  Muhammad was the only prophet of islam.
While Judeo/Christianity had many prophets that wrote their scripture at the time event in their present day, and Bible being collection of books of the prophets is much more believable than one man claiming something.

I am not a believer in christianity, but i'd say compared to islam, it is much more reliable if i had to choose. I am not so sure when quran was written, but some says it was 200 years after muhammad's death.
So how can it be claimed relaible with that much time period lost.

Also according to islam, Jesus didn't die on a cross, i mean.

If you would believe something, what would make most sense.
Islam: 600 years after the death of Jesus Christ.

Or witnesses that where there during the time when he was alive, and was written down in scriptures not long after his death. Which was the start of the Christian movement.

I mean, muslims even claim that "Alexander the Great" was a muslim, which is a lie compared to historical fact.

So how come muslims haven't questioned this yet, or can they, huh, i wonder?
What do you think about it Smile
I am curious to hear what your opinion on this whole is. Feel free to share what you think?

It isn't legit. The scriptures add to establish facts, find multiple witnesses. Many people seeing God during the Exodus is far more compelling that Muhammed hearing an angel in a cave with no one to witness the event.

The problem with the Islam-vs-Christianity dichotomy is it ignores the most likely scenario and that is given the balance of the evidence to hand neither is true.

-- Max

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone else's blood. I am not afraid to go out of it that way.
[+] 2 users Like nooneofconsequence's post
06-11-2013, 02:39 PM
(06-11-2013 01:32 PM)nooneofconsequence Wrote:  It's 50% fascinating insight into the world view of a handful of 7th century Arab shepherds and 50% mind numbing tedium.

If I were to print up copies of the Book about which there is no doubt ... I would most certainly put your quote on the book jacket. Shy

I do understand that some of it's content bettered the shitty lives of some people. It also helped unite a bunch of scattered tribes.

However, people just need to move on. Doctrine and dogma disallow progress.

I just want to say to theists of all flavors, "Ok, ok - this/these book(s) saved your fucking lives. Great! Now, get over it. If you want to be "grateful" to your all-loving, invisible parent - leave the fucking nest! Show that invisible parent how fucking fantastic you can live life on your own - without your invisible parent. If you need to do this in a group, fine. Just grow. the fuck. up."

Too much? Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
07-11-2013, 02:30 PM (This post was last modified: 07-11-2013 02:33 PM by PleaseJesus.)
(06-11-2013 02:20 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(06-11-2013 02:11 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  It isn't legit. The scriptures add to establish facts, find multiple witnesses. Many people seeing God during the Exodus is far more compelling that Muhammed hearing an angel in a cave with no one to witness the event.

I thought "no one has seen you and lived ".
John 1:18 "No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him know".

Oopsy.

(There was no Exodus event).
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...ble-Bull-s

What translation was that? RSV? BSP? "No one has seen the FATHER, the Son reveals God..."

I'd guess you've never heard the word hierophany or know its meaning.

Which is your proof (by silence) of no Exodus? That "there were no significant pottery changes, as if from a mass influx of new persons," etc? There was NO MASS INFLUX, the tribes took over forty years to displace Canaanites as well as intermarry them and reside with them and so on. Typical NON-fundie BS; saying that something in archaeology disproves their made-up version of the Bible chronology! Yawn.
07-11-2013, 02:44 PM
(07-11-2013 02:30 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  What translation was that? RSV? BSP? "No one has seen the FATHER, the Son reveals God..."

I'd guess you've never heard the word hierophany or know its meaning.

Which is your proof (by silence) of no Exodus? That "there were no significant pottery changes, as if from a mass influx of new persons," etc? There was NO MASS INFLUX, the tribes took over forty years to displace Canaanites as well as intermarry them and reside with them and so on. Typical NON-fundie BS; saying that something in archaeology disproves their made-up version of the Bible chronology! Yawn.

Please tell me you're a KJV 1611 man. You have to be a touter of the Authorised Version, surely? I'll be ever so disappointed if you're not. Undecided

That to one side, you're awfully uptight about evidence for a bloke who buys into the whole Talking Snake cult.

Just sayin'. Rolleyes

-- Max

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone else's blood. I am not afraid to go out of it that way.