How comfortable are you talking about it?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-11-2014, 12:11 PM
RE: How comfortable are you talking about it?
For a long time I wasn't comfortable talking about it, but that was because I hadn't done a lot of research on the subject and assumed that since they felt so strongly, that they had done a lot of research, and had good reasons for believing.

Now that I know the truth, I love to talk about it when someone brings up religion. I don't bother with trying to convert them, but I make sure they know the reasons that I don't believe. If they care about being right, that is enough to plant the seed to get them to do their own research.

For me it's kind of like "Oh, you think it's alright to talk about your god, fine. Here is my opinion of him."

Remember, just because you want something to be true, doesn't make it true. Yes, even if you have faith.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes microterf's post
19-11-2014, 04:39 PM
Re: RE: How comfortable are you talking about it?
(16-11-2014 07:23 PM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  
(16-11-2014 09:17 AM)Clockwork Wrote:  When I was Catholic, it wasn't quite the same. I wouldn't say Traditionalist, though. But It's fairly normal being a Catholic frog in Nova Scotia. Smile

Acadian? where you from? Cheticamp?

Ya that's what I like about the university I'm at. The town is about 65% polish and 30% Irish so the entire town is Catholic. Population 1100 and there's two Catholic Churches. Thinking about leaving Toronto and moving up there instead. (it's just south of Algonquin Park and so the area is absolutely gorgeous).
More southwest, in Clare. Specifically Meteghan & that area. But, yes, Acadian.

Vive l'Acadie. Smile
19-11-2014, 05:16 PM (This post was last modified: 19-11-2014 05:22 PM by wazzel.)
(19-11-2014 04:39 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  
(16-11-2014 07:23 PM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  Acadian? where you from? Cheticamp?

Ya that's what I like about the university I'm at. The town is about 65% polish and 30% Irish so the entire town is Catholic. Population 1100 and there's two Catholic Churches. Thinking about leaving Toronto and moving up there instead. (it's just south of Algonquin Park and so the area is absolutely gorgeous).
More southwest, in Clare. Specifically Meteghan & that area. But, yes, Acadian.

Vive l'Acadie. Smile

Viva l'Acadie! We could be related. Seriously. I am checking with the family historian to verify where we came from.
19-11-2014, 05:27 PM
Well she does not recall the town, but definitely from Acadia.