How could Putin lose?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-07-2017, 04:10 AM
RE: How could Putin lose?
(22-07-2017 04:02 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  Oh yeah, there is a bias here. Putin is threatening the sovereignty of several countries close to him, threatening to invade Scandinavina like he's fucking Peter the Great or something.

What?!

Am I out of the loop? Can you point me to him saying he wanted to invade Scandinavia?

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-07-2017, 12:08 PM
(22-07-2017 04:10 AM)abaris Wrote:  
(22-07-2017 04:02 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  Oh yeah, there is a bias here. Putin is threatening the sovereignty of several countries close to him, threatening to invade Scandinavina like he's fucking Peter the Great or something.

What?!

Am I out of the loop? Can you point me to him saying he wanted to invade Scandinavia?

Norway has ramped up "their" defense in the north, at the Swedish-Finnish-Russian border. In truth, it means that the US as in NATO is conducting more exercises on Norwegian land, stationing US troops there. This is a response to Russia playing tough on the Scandinavian border every year since their annexation of Crimea. After US troops arrived, Putin then proceeds to do his usual hypocrite crybaby "Look at the mean Americans and Europeeans" routine, and said something among the line of "If it continues, Russia will have to take drastic measures". This is not the first time Russia has messed about on the border. They're flying close to Norwegian airspace and waters, a russian sub was fucking around in Swedish waters (they dissappeared as soon as they popped up), and Swedish radiomasts were blown to pieces, in a professional manner that left experts beliving to be foreign sabotage.

All of this is natrually empty threats, as in theory, any attack on a NATO nation or ally by the Russian Federation means WW3. But it only serves to prove how much of a dick Vladdy is.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
22-07-2017, 12:48 PM
(22-07-2017 12:08 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  Norway has ramped up "their" defense in the north, at the Swedish-Finnish-Russian border. In truth, it means that the US as in NATO is conducting more exercises on Norwegian land, stationing US troops there. This is a response to Russia playing tough on the Scandinavian border every year since their annexation of Crimea.

Ah, I see, that's the same as threatening to invade.

Really, sometimes I wonder where people get what they call news. Certainly not from any European sources.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
22-07-2017, 02:10 PM (This post was last modified: 22-07-2017 02:28 PM by ELK12695.)
(22-07-2017 12:48 PM)abaris Wrote:  
(22-07-2017 12:08 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  Norway has ramped up "their" defense in the north, at the Swedish-Finnish-Russian border. In truth, it means that the US as in NATO is conducting more exercises on Norwegian land, stationing US troops there. This is a response to Russia playing tough on the Scandinavian border every year since their annexation of Crimea.

Ah, I see, that's the same as threatening to invade.

Really, sometimes I wonder where people get what they call news. Certainly not from any European sources.

Yes, I reckon when the Mongols got close to Central Europe, they where just there to say hello and have a cup of tea in good will. Or like that time where Putin again said he was "considering" the nuclear option, that was a good one. Do you need to hear him literally say "I'm invading you", to percive a threat?

When it comes to news, here's the deal. It isn't my fault that other Europeean news outlets doesn't give a toss about news in Scandinavia, hence probably why you didn't hear of the stuff I talk about. This means one or two: One, you don't live in Scandinavia and these news passed you by because your news outlets didn't cover the story or you can read Norwegian, Swedish. ect. Or two: you are Scandinavian, but you're living under a rock and fail to see NRK's and SVT's news that air several times a day.

But by all means, I'll dig for the mentioned ariticles I read. Might take a while since they're over a year old, that is, if you can read them.

And don't tell me the articles are unreliable, I'm not having that argument with somebody who doesn't know how things work in my country.

Edit:
Here we are. Here's one about the planned rocket shield where Russia says they'll have to act if Norway perticipates:
https://www.nrk.no/urix/russland-om-rake...1.13318130

Here's Russia saying the increased NATO activity will change Russia's view on Norway as a strategic threat:
https://www.nrk.no/finnmark/russlands-ny...1.13392330

Here's Stoltenberg's response to the amount of NATO soldiers:
https://www.nrk.no/urix/nato_-_-ikke-en-...1.13567588

And here's an article from last year about how many Norwegians consider Putin (as russian leader) a threat:
https://www.aftenposten.no/norge/Annenhv...1260b.html

That last one is quite important considering we share borders with Russia, as you know. Look at it from their perspective. Would you feel safe with Vladdy getting aggressive at the border?

Oh. if you can't read these... too bad.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post