How could you???

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-12-2010, 10:37 AM

How could you???
Recently while i was reading some comments about burning quran, i see some people are being sided about religious groups. I mean if an atheist sees christians worthier than buddists or muslims or whatever, it is seemed like you still have somethings in your mind about the time when you are dull enough to believe.

It's nonsense to me. If you are an atheist all the religion must be the same about being rightousness for you. How could an atheist believes a little islam , a little christianity and a bit taoism or something else? =) or sympathize...
Quote this message in a reply
30-12-2010, 11:05 AM
RE: How could you???
(30-12-2010 10:37 AM)Ugo Wrote:  Recently while i was reading some comments about burning quran, i see some people are being sided about religious groups. I mean if an atheist sees christians worthier than buddists or muslims or whatever, it is seemed like you still have somethings in your mind about the time when you are dull enough to believe.

It's nonsense to me. If you are an atheist all the religion must be the same about being rightousness for you. How could an atheist believes a little islam , a little christianity and a bit taoism or something else? =) or sympathize...

Your entire statement is incredibly general and vague. What specifically are you referring to? There are lots of variations within these religions. As a freethinker I think it is certainly valid to acknowledge if one religion or sect is say, more dangerous than another. It is also valid to acknowledge when a group is doing a good deed, but also valid to analyze why said group might be doing the good deed.

Also, for the record, many Buddhists are atheists. Buddhism is a life philosophy for them, more than a religion. As I recently mentioned in another thread, some Christians only see Christianity as a philosophy (which of course can be further discussed and analyze as to whether or not it is a good philosophy, which is a different subject).

As an atheist I do not have a dogma. Atheism itself is not a philosophy or set of rules. Please do not apply blanket statements to all atheists in regards to what atheists should or should not believe or do.

Our brains deceive us on a regular basis, so we have to find ways to fight back.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-12-2010, 11:11 AM
(30-12-2010 10:37 AM)Ugo Wrote:  It's nonsense to me. If you are an atheist all the religion must be the same about being rightousness for you. How could an atheist believes a little islam , a little christianity and a bit taoism or something else? =) or sympathize...

Telling a group of individuals who happen to be atheists what they must think? Wow, heck of a way to introduce yourself.

Just sayin'.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
30-12-2010, 01:57 PM
I call troll.
30-12-2010, 02:43 PM
I second troll.
30-12-2010, 04:44 PM
Thirded

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
30-12-2010, 06:47 PM
Fourthed
30-12-2010, 08:44 PM
Possibly a troll, but let's give him/her a chance. Could be someone who just doesn't understand atheism, so let's see if this can turn into a discussion.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
30-12-2010, 09:47 PM
I didn't really understand the OP in the first place. Wink

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink
31-12-2010, 03:44 AM
I think I found the thread he was referencing: http://thethinkingatheist.com/forum/show...hp?tid=592
And he is insulting us for being against the burning of the Quaran, as if it somehow makes us hypotcritical, because we are atheists, and to his understanding we are suppose to believe that all religion is bad, and he disliked that we were playing "favorites" as he percieved it. Although from reading the posts in the thread it is very evident that nobody is playing favorites, they are either speaking for a fellow minority, or they are speaking against the useless waste of resource and information. Nobody there is a "little islam, a little christian, and a little bit taoist" (Not sure how taoist got in there, considering they are an atheist religion and not monotheistic like the other two), and we can in fact sympathize with Muslims because we are also attacked by Christians in this nation who hold the majority and basically play the bully in our country on any minority they find it, be it black, mexican, homosexual, muslim, or atheist.