How'd you like to see a living Mammoth?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-09-2012, 02:34 PM
RE: How'd you like to see a living Mammoth?
(11-09-2012 02:14 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(11-09-2012 12:39 PM)frankiej Wrote:  Hmm, I wonder how good mammoth tastes.

It was on the menu of the 1951 Explorers Club annual banquet.

Ha - I'd heard that from time to time, natives would find Mammoth uncovered by receding glacial activity, and since it was meat they'd naturally eat it. Probably tasted like shit - the cells would have burst causing a freezer burn taste. I doubt that many animals were ever flash frozen which would result in cell wall preservation... still, it would be cool knowing how they tasted. I'm thinking they were a red meat like taste... nothing to base that speculation on.

Once again I'm thinking about the gestation... I don't know if it would be possible to go full term. The Mammoth is pretty gigantic and even though the baby might be the same size as the current elephant, it still might not work out time wise. Consider Lots to think about.
[Image: 1200283717.jpg]
Like... uh... where would you put it? Shocking

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
11-09-2012, 02:45 PM
(11-09-2012 02:14 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(11-09-2012 12:39 PM)frankiej Wrote:  Hmm, I wonder how good mammoth tastes.

It was on the menu of the 1951 Explorers Club annual banquet.

Did you like it? Drinking Beverage

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
11-09-2012, 02:48 PM
(11-09-2012 02:45 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(11-09-2012 02:14 PM)Chas Wrote:  It was on the menu of the 1951 Explorers Club annual banquet.

Did you like it? Drinking Beverage

I see what you did there. Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
11-09-2012, 03:19 PM
I am more interested in the cloning of Neanderthals.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
11-09-2012, 06:49 PM
what would I do with one?

A sasquatch Erx, say it out loud. Then admit that the question should be What wouldn't I do with a sasquatch.

First we'd probably play some tennis, then go grab a bite to eat and a coffee. Eventually go karting would arrive in the conversation and we would be first to satisfy that urge.

We'd probably be minding our own business, walking through the park enjoying the breeze and the scenery when we come across some park dwelling hoodlums who take issue with our delicate sensibilities. Little will they suspect but Sasq, is a third level black belt and I've seen my fair share of ultra violence. We will make quick work of them and then with the surge of adrenaline pumping through our veins we will need to find another outlet.

So off to get some cocaine and hookers. Finding sasquatch hookers will seem like an impossible task until Sasq calls his bro Barry, who will hook us up with some excellent tail. The party will likely rage out of control at some point, and some very bad people will show up, likely packing heat.

They will be looking for trouble, and with our heads all muddled with the drugs we will meet their battle challenge, not aware at first of the hot iron tucked into their belts. At first we will have the upper hand because of our skillz and our imperviousness to pain brought on by the mass amount of cocaine in our systems. But then I'll hear a loud bang behind me... I'll turn... I won't want to believe what I see. Sasq, covered in blood, a hoodlum standing over him smiling with satisfaction.

Rage will boil my blood, I act fast, running up to the bastard, quickly I drive my fist up into his jaw. I crack his teeth in half, knock him clean out. I pick up his gun and start blowing hunk off of his friends who are standing there in shock. Not for long. Soon they are all lying there in their own blood.

I go over to my friend. I pick him up, holding him on my lap in my arms. His blood covering me. my tears washing them down my body. He's still alive, but not for long. He manages to choke out some words. "I love .... you" and then he breathes his last breath. Dead in my arms. I stop crying. I scream "SAAAAAASSSSSSSSQQQQQQ"!

Ten years pass by.

I'm sitting there at a coffee shop, outside because it's nice out. Thinking about life, what was and what has yet to come. I start thinking about Sasq, maybe because fate is real? Maybe not. Suddenly I feel a tap on my shoulder so I turn to see, a familiar face.

"Hi, I think I know who you are" Says the face.
"Yeah," I reply "I think I know who you are too."

The face belongs to Sasq's son. He'd mentioned him before. Apparently at some point that night Sasq had called his son and told him about me, in great detail. We spend the whole night reminiscing about Sasq. Laughing, crying, bonding. My new friend.

the end.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
[+] 2 users Like lucradis's post
11-09-2012, 07:12 PM
(11-09-2012 06:49 PM)lucradis Wrote:  what would I do with one?

A sasquatch Erx, say it out loud. Then admit that the question should be What wouldn't I do with a sasquatch.

First we'd probably play some tennis, then go grab a bite to eat and a coffee. Eventually go karting would arrive in the conversation and we would be first to satisfy that urge.

We'd probably be minding our own business, walking through the park enjoying the breeze and the scenery when we come across some park dwelling hoodlums who take issue with our delicate sensibilities. Little will they suspect but Sasq, is a third level black belt and I've seen my fair share of ultra violence. We will make quick work of them and then with the surge of adrenaline pumping through our veins we will need to find another outlet.

So off to get some cocaine and hookers. Finding sasquatch hookers will seem like an impossible task until Sasq calls his bro Barry, who will hook us up with some excellent tail. The party will likely rage out of control at some point, and some very bad people will show up, likely packing heat.

They will be looking for trouble, and with our heads all muddled with the drugs we will meet their battle challenge, not aware at first of the hot iron tucked into their belts. At first we will have the upper hand because of our skillz and our imperviousness to pain brought on by the mass amount of cocaine in our systems. But then I'll hear a loud bang behind me... I'll turn... I won't want to believe what I see. Sasq, covered in blood, a hoodlum standing over him smiling with satisfaction.

Rage will boil my blood, I act fast, running up to the bastard, quickly I drive my fist up into his jaw. I crack his teeth in half, knock him clean out. I pick up his gun and start blowing hunk off of his friends who are standing there in shock. Not for long. Soon they are all lying there in their own blood.

I go over to my friend. I pick him up, holding him on my lap in my arms. His blood covering me. my tears washing them down my body. He's still alive, but not for long. He manages to choke out some words. "I love .... you" and then he breathes his last breath. Dead in my arms. I stop crying. I scream "SAAAAAASSSSSSSSQQQQQQ"!

Ten years pass by.

I'm sitting there at a coffee shop, outside because it's nice out. Thinking about life, what was and what has yet to come. I start thinking about Sasq, maybe because fate is real? Maybe not. Suddenly I feel a tap on my shoulder so I turn to see, a familiar face.

The face belongs to Sasq's son. He'd mentioned him before. Apparently at some point that night Sasq had called his son and told him about me, in great detail. We spend the whole night reminiscing about Sasq. Laughing, crying, bonding. My new friend.

the end.

I take issue with your story and say it couldn't happen. When was the last time you went go-karting? I did about 3 or 4 years ago and I could barely fit into the car. It was very difficult to steer with my huge body jammed into that little seat. I doubt that Sasquatch would be able to race with you. No

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
11-09-2012, 07:14 PM
(11-09-2012 07:12 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(11-09-2012 06:49 PM)lucradis Wrote:  what would I do with one?

Ten years pass by.

the end.

I take issue with your story and say it couldn't happen. When was the last time you went go-karting? I did about 3 or 4 years ago and I could barely fit into the car. It was very difficult to steer with my huge body jammed into that little seat. I doubt that Sasquatch would be able to race with you. No

Oooh. I didn't notice that. The rest was so completely believable, now I don't know what to think. Weeping

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
11-09-2012, 08:06 PM
(11-09-2012 12:49 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Nah. I'm cool without.

Now get me a living breathing Sasquatch and you've got a deal.

I'm sorry but mammoth seems like it would taste way better than Sasquatch.

[+] 2 users Like Dark Light's post
11-09-2012, 08:40 PM
Apparently you have never been to castle fun park. Adult sized karts.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
11-09-2012, 08:49 PM
(11-09-2012 08:40 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Apparently you have never been to castle fun park. Adult sized karts.

We were going to go that one time and you stood me up. Sad