How'd you meet your significant other?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-03-2017, 11:10 PM
RE: How'd you meet your significant other?
(04-03-2017 11:08 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  We both signed up for some obscure atheist forum where the founder doesn't even post.

Funny, my story is exactly the same. Consider

Hobo Hobo Hobo

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 14 users Like Escape Artist's post
04-03-2017, 11:10 PM
(04-03-2017 11:10 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  
(04-03-2017 11:08 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  We both signed up for some obscure atheist forum where the founder doesn't even post.

Funny, my story is exactly the same. Consider

Hobo Hobo Hobo

Small world I guess.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 4 users Like Revenant77x's post
04-03-2017, 11:53 PM
I was the costume designer for a production of Macbeth and was also doing some of the blood packs and scars on some of the actors. (It's a very bloody play!) One of the actors needed a rather large scar across his face which I'd made out of latex and applied every evening before the performance. I had to work VERY close to his face. Every evening I'd spend more and more time on his scar to make it look super gnarly Big Grin

It was a repertory theatre. The other play was Two Gentlemen of Verona and the costume he wore was a British military uniform from the 1890's. He looked amazing. I literally went weak in the knees at the sight of him in that uniform and had to find a chair to sit in. I could barely think. Sigh.

We've been married 24 years.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 7 users Like dancefortwo's post
04-03-2017, 11:55 PM (This post was last modified: 05-03-2017 08:46 PM by RearViewMirror.)
I met my wife through a really odd connection. I actually met her by proxy through my ex wife.

When my ex wife and I were married I would go pretty much wherever she went to get her hair styled. Up until last year I had hair that was almost down to the middle of my back so when I needed it trimmed up I'd just go where my ex wife went. I didn't care since I kept it pulled back most of the time. So when we got a divorce I kept going to the last girl that she went too. We became pretty close friends and she told me her best friend was single and wondered if I would like to go out with her? I was a bit apprehensive since I'd never been on a blind date and I told her I'd think about it. She finally talked me into giving her a call so I did. We talked for a while but she was in a semi relationship at the time (she had been previously married also) so she "kind of" blew me off.

Skip forward about six months and I get a call from her out of the blue. She explained what had happened about six months earlier and we talked for a while and I agreed to meet her. Man am I glad I did! There was an instant attraction when she opened the door. We went out to eat and had a great time together. Dated for a few months and decided to get married and the rest is history. We've been married going on 17 years now.

She's been my everything since we've been married. I "think" we may have had one or two arguments since we've been together and those happened when we were first learning how to live with each other. Luckily we agree on most subjects and have common interests so that helps immensely. We have an 11 year old daughter and besides my wife she is the most wonderful person in my life. Just an all around wonderful young woman.

Im very fortunate to have both of them as they helped me when I couldn't help myself. I battled alcoholism for a few years (detailed here) and if it weren't for them I doubt I'd be here. But through that battle it's brought us all even closer if that were possible. So I'm very lucky to have found "the one". I hope everyone is this lucky in their lives.

I get to decide what my life looks like, not the other way around.
[+] 7 users Like RearViewMirror's post
05-03-2017, 12:15 AM
Does a Fleshlight count? Consider

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
05-03-2017, 01:32 AM
I was 4, going through my parents record collection. I met the drums.

We've been together through thick and thin. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 9 users Like Banjo's post
05-03-2017, 01:50 AM
So many people are with inanimate objects. XD
05-03-2017, 01:51 AM
It's okay. It's a bit pointy though. Sad

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
05-03-2017, 01:53 AM
(05-03-2017 01:50 AM)Larai19 Wrote:  So many people are with inanimate objects. XD

They are easier to handle lol

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 2 users Like JDog554's post
05-03-2017, 02:00 AM
(05-03-2017 01:53 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(05-03-2017 01:50 AM)Larai19 Wrote:  So many people are with inanimate objects. XD

They are easier to handle lol

Blink

[Image: 439711-20130801-1948271.gif]

Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post