How'd you meet your significant other?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-03-2017, 02:18 AM
RE: How'd you meet your significant other?
The year was 1981 when my grandparents bought the home next to his parents.

1982 he took me to a concert. It didn't go well.

1983 we went out on a date that went even worse. Holy hell I couldn't wait to get home.

1984 we went to dinner with his parents and my grandparents. I kept him laughing throughout the night. He invited me to a movie (I assumed it was pity date since friend's of his had shown up and asked him). I had zero expectation of anything but it didn't suck. We saw Purple Reign sorta at a drive in. The next day he called and asked me out again.

Then it was everyday since. He'd pick me up after school when he could ... we saw each other every day because we lived next door.

in 1986 we got engaged and married in 1988.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 10 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
05-03-2017, 02:36 AM
At an E.O. Wilson lecture, which is one of the reasons I quote him in my signature line.

Met a college senior about to graduate in biology while waiting in line to have our copies of The Future of Life signed by the author... for an hour, almost. We talked about genetics, my field research, and the things Wilson had said at his lecture. At one point, I made a Monty Python joke and she actually fired off the next line! We arranged to get together to watch Holy Grail and Life of Brian, and I saw that she had three of my other All Time Favorite™ movies in her VHS rack. I told her I could quote them end-to-end, and she challenged me to do so. We spent that whole afternoon quoting and laughing.

I thought she was way out of my league (seven years younger and gorgeous), but she apparently finds me as appealing as I find her, as we're still going just as strong as day one.

I have never even looked at another woman with a serious glance since I fell in love with her.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 9 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
05-03-2017, 02:36 AM
(05-03-2017 02:18 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  The year was 1981 when my grandparents bought the home next to his parents.

1982 he took me to a concert. It didn't go well.

1983 we went out on a date that went even worse. Holy hell I couldn't wait to get home.

1984 we went to dinner with his parents and my grandparents. I kept him laughing throughout the night. He invited me to a movie (I assumed it was pity date since friend's of his had shown up and asked him). I had zero expectation of anything but it didn't suck. We saw Purple Reign sorta at a drive in. The next day he called and asked me out again.

Then it was everyday since. He'd pick me up after school when he could ... we saw each other every day because we lived next door.

in 1986 we got engaged and married in 1988.

BlinkBlinkBlink

Thinks 80's love story...

[Image: tumblr_inline_nl0oxjz1it1to52yr.gif]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
05-03-2017, 02:58 AM
(05-03-2017 01:50 AM)Larai19 Wrote:  So many people are with inanimate objects. XD

Well, books love me on deeper level that any woman can. I don't even mind that I always must pay for them Wink

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 3 users Like Szuchow's post
05-03-2017, 03:07 AM
(05-03-2017 02:36 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  ...
I saw that she had three of my other All Time Favorite™ movies in her VHS rack.

Just think how different your world would be had you just muttered, "nice rack".

Shocking

05-03-2017, 03:26 AM (This post was last modified: 05-03-2017 03:43 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(05-03-2017 02:58 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(05-03-2017 01:50 AM)Larai19 Wrote:  So many people are with inanimate objects. XD

Well, books love me on deeper level that any woman can. I don't even mind that I always must pay for them Wink

That right there is someone who knows exactly what their needs are, and how to satiate them like a gentleman.

[Image: best-movie-extras-emgn-1.gif]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 4 users Like EvolutionKills's post
05-03-2017, 03:36 AM
Online dating. We started talking in 2005, met up in 2006 and moved in together later that year. Married in 2010, and still happily together Heart

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Robvalue's post
05-03-2017, 03:42 AM
We worked at the same hotel. I was a front desk supervisor, she was a housekeeping supervisor. I worked the evening shift, she worked the day shift so we didn't meet until my manager went on holidays and I moved to the day shift for 2 weeks.

That's when this happened:

Quote:It reminded me of a day (20 some years ago ) when I had my own big brain fart. I talked to a housekeeping supervisor that had just been hired at the hotel. I worked at the front desk:

Her (calling from housekeeping): (And what I honestly heard was) "how many rooms have chickens?"

Me: "I'm sorry...how many rooms have chickens?"

Her: (Again as I heard it) " Yes, chickens, how many chickens?"

Me: "Uhm..."

Her: Then she yelled "CHECKED-IN?"
[/b]

I forget my embarrassed response, something like "oohh...sorry we have checked-in about 10 rooms"

All I heard was the phone slammed down hard on the other end.

But she married me anyway!

We'll be married 19 years this May.

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
[+] 5 users Like unsapien's post
05-03-2017, 04:12 AM
[Image: anything-but-my-waifu_o_2840603.jpg]

Tongue

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
05-03-2017, 04:35 AM
21 years ago I went on a caravan holiday with a group of girlfriends to celebrate the end of doing GCSE exams. Hubby was in the van next door, with a group of his buddies. Cohabiting just over a year later, married after 7 years, then parents 2 and 5 years later.

One of my friends and one of his also got together at the same time and are also married with kids.

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk
[+] 2 users Like ukatheist's post