How'd you meet your significant other?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-03-2017, 01:15 PM
RE: How'd you meet your significant other?
(05-03-2017 12:32 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  You all have some really awesome stories.

(05-03-2017 02:18 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  in 1986 we got engaged and married in 1988.

Today I learned that Moms got engaged the year I was born...yet somehow is still not a day over 29. Angel

I know right? I got married at the age of 1, had my first child at six.

Next year, it's going to even more difficult to sell that story. Dodgy

My son asked me just recently whatever will I do when he becomes older than I profess to be. His tone dripped with sarcasm.

I smacked him upside the head.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 8 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
05-03-2017, 01:19 PM
(05-03-2017 01:15 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(05-03-2017 12:32 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  You all have some really awesome stories.

Today I learned that Moms got engaged the year I was born...yet somehow is still not a day over 29. Angel

I know right? I got married at the age of 1, had my first child at six.

Next year, it's going to even more difficult to sell that story. Dodgy

My son asked me just recently whatever will I do when he becomes older than I profess to be. His tone dripped with sarcasm.

I smacked him upside the head.

When My mother turned 30, I told her to tack the extra years on as a decimal. So, she turned 29.1. She lived to be 29.36 years old.
[+] 5 users Like Fireball's post
05-03-2017, 01:58 PM
She gave me my first warning on RDF. Thumbsup
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-03-2017, 06:07 PM
I met my boyfriend online at a gaming forum... ten years ago, I think? We were friends and talk on and off for years--especially about video games (Pokemon, Animal Crossing, Layton, Fire Emblem, Trails, and Xenoblade are the ones that come to mind immediately) but lots of things in general. A little under four years ago we decided to enter a relationship, and I don't think we have been happier since~
[+] 4 users Like ZoraPrime's post
06-03-2017, 08:17 AM
After I retired I needed something productive to fill my days, so I started doing volunteer work. My SO works at one of the places where I volunteer.
[+] 3 users Like Heath_Tierney's post
06-03-2017, 08:30 AM
It was a work related meeting.
She worked at a car/manufactured home dealership, and one of her duties was to receive in the axles that we returned off the houses. I was working on a set crew, and I distinctly remember walking up to her desk. Her gaze traveled up, paused ever so slightly at my package, then met my eyes.
She asked her co-worker about me, who happened to be my boss's girlfriend. The rest is history Smile
[+] 5 users Like skyking's post
06-03-2017, 09:51 AM
Words with Friends

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes TurkeyBurner's post
06-03-2017, 08:53 PM
(05-03-2017 07:39 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(05-03-2017 07:05 AM)Dom Wrote:  Husband #2:
I had recently bought the first PC out - a Tandy. The data were kept on a cassette recorder (and the tape kept tangling and messing up data). Then this new thing came out - a floppy drive! So I went to a "computer swap" (like a flea market with all things computer) to find out more about it. I started asking 1000 questions of the vendor who kept being distracted by customers. A guy behind me started answering the questions. We ended up going to get some coffee and before you knew, the whole day was gone. I bought a floppy (no case), went home and put it in a cigar box and hooked it up. We had exchanged phone numbers and started conversing by computer, over the phone which had to be put in a special cradle. At the end of the month my phone bill was through the roof.

Oh wow, a Tandy? That's old-school. That's circa Commodore PET and the Apple II, at the tail end of the 70's.

[Image: trs80-i.jpg]

^ Tandy TRS-80 ^

[Image: FUJI_LTO7_1511.jpg]

^ A common and commercially available 6 Terabyte cartridge. ^

Wow that brings back memories.

My father bought a Tandy TRS-80 so he could work from home over a "land line" where you took the receiver and placed it on the phone cradle! He used to work in R&D at MITEL before it was bought by British Telecom .

He and some other guys in R&D made a circuit board that they wired into the computer so that they could use their TV's as a monitor! Not a big feat today,but it was "epic" by my friends standards at the time.

[Image: tumblr_inline_n8mer5V2lQ1qz4t9g.jpg]

I.am.old. Sadcryface

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
[+] 3 users Like unsapien's post
06-03-2017, 09:34 PM
(06-03-2017 08:53 PM)unsapien Wrote:  
(05-03-2017 07:39 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Oh wow, a Tandy? That's old-school. That's circa Commodore PET and the Apple II, at the tail end of the 70's.

[Image: trs80-i.jpg]

^ Tandy TRS-80 ^

[Image: FUJI_LTO7_1511.jpg]

^ A common and commercially available 6 Terabyte cartridge. ^

Wow that brings back memories.

My father bought a Tandy TRS-80 so he could work from home over a "land line" where you took the receiver and placed it on the phone cradle! He used to work in R&D at MITEL before it was bought by British Telecom .

He and some other guys in R&D made a circuit board that they wired into the computer so that they could use their TV's as a monitor! Not a big feat today,but it was "epic" by my friends standards at the time.

[Image: tumblr_inline_n8mer5V2lQ1qz4t9g.jpg]

I.am.old. Sadcryface

I graduated university in 1983. At my first employer, we had many conversations about how to automate some of the data acquisition equipment. I remember making hand measurements of electrical field measurements for antenna performance, hand-mapping them into contour patterns (kind of look like incredibly symmetrical topographic maps of mountains, for the most part). That shit is all automated, now, and we can glean orders of magnitude better information about how that antenna works. The more data we garner, the better we can refine the design, rinse and repeat.
07-03-2017, 06:18 AM
I was at a pond watching ducks when she approached out of nowhere and started babbling nonsense.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 5 users Like Old Man Marsh's post