How'd you meet your significant other?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-03-2017, 12:38 PM
RE: How'd you meet your significant other?
My husband and I are both gamers and met each other through World of Warcraft. We dated for 4 years long distance then finally moved in together (Im from MN and he was from NY). Been married now for a year and a half.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Keen's post
07-03-2017, 06:57 PM
I met mine at AF.org ... I've never been happier.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
07-03-2017, 07:55 PM (This post was last modified: 07-03-2017 08:07 PM by yakherder.)
We already kind of knew each other online. I was living in Las Vegas at the time and she in Quebec. She worked as an auditor for meal catering services who contracted with Canadian Airlines. During one of her audits in Los Angeles I had a few days off from work and she wanted to take a few days off while she was in California and go to Disneyland, so I drove there and for our first series of dates we went to Disneyland two days in row.

Our next date happened more or less the same way, except farther away. I met her in Taipei during another of her audits and then we spent the week touring Taiwan by train visiting random places and spent a day diving just south of Kaohsiung. I was thus given an opportunity to show off my Chinese fluency Big Grin

That's how our relationship progressed for over a year before I moved to Canada. Long distance with our meet up locations determined by her audits.

Alas, she ultimately grew out of her desire to travel and my chronic restlessness became an annoyance rather than an attraction for her. But that's a different conversation Tongue

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
07-03-2017, 07:58 PM
(05-03-2017 12:15 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Does a Fleshlight count? Consider

I hope not, because if so I've been unfaithful.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
07-03-2017, 11:39 PM
I met my long-term boyfriend on this very website and we have a gorgeous daughter together.
[+] 6 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
08-03-2017, 03:52 AM (This post was last modified: 08-03-2017 04:56 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(05-03-2017 01:15 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(05-03-2017 12:32 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  You all have some really awesome stories.

Today I learned that Moms got engaged the year I was born...yet somehow is still not a day over 29. Angel

I know right? I got married at the age of 1, had my first child at six.

Next year, it's going to even more difficult to sell that story. Dodgy

My son asked me just recently whatever will I do when he becomes older than I profess to be. His tone dripped with sarcasm.

I smacked him upside the head.

Simple. Just say you're '18 with X years of experience'. Recalculate (or fudge) X as needed. Tongue

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
08-03-2017, 04:00 AM
Ha, this is funny. What the fuck is a significant other??? Big Grin

I could tell you about a few.

I remember being on tour, somewhere, sitting on the backyard porch stairs watching a mental woman run naked around a clothes line. Big Grin

I had to be back in Sydney to begin another tour at 11 am!

I made it by 5 minutes. Smile

So many were significant. Gentlemen don't talk, but I've seen some funny things.

What happens on tour, stays on tour.

I could never settle for one woman.

Because I could not settle for one woman.

I like 'em too much. Wink

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
08-03-2017, 01:21 PM
I met my long term boyfriend (going on ten years) in the Physics Friday Bar.
Most institutes at Danish universities have a bar, run by the students, that's open every Friday. I started studying nanotechnology in an adjacent part of the campus, went to the friday bar at physics and met this amazing, handsome, smart, 15 years older Post Doc who for some reason was happy to hang out with little, fresh faced me.
I since switched major to astro-physics, but out of interest, not because he's a physicist. It's great to have shared areas of interest.
We've now lived together for 7 years and while the road has had it's rocks, I love him more every day.

"I believe that while not all people are essentially good, most are trying" - Adam Savage
[+] 3 users Like LadyDay's post
08-03-2017, 01:23 PM
(08-03-2017 04:00 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Ha, this is funny. What the fuck is a significant other??? Big Grin

I could tell you about a few.

I remember being on tour, somewhere, sitting on the backyard porch stairs watching a mental woman run naked around a clothes line. Big Grin

I had to be back in Sydney to begin another tour at 11 am!

I made it by 5 minutes. Smile

So many were significant. Gentlemen don't talk, but I've seen some funny things.

What happens on tour, stays on tour.

I could never settle for one woman.

Because I could not settle for one woman.

I like 'em too much. Wink

I could totally have nailed you down had I been alive back in your heyday Big Grin

"I believe that while not all people are essentially good, most are trying" - Adam Savage
[+] 1 user Likes LadyDay's post
10-03-2017, 09:54 PM
Online dating website. Been together for almost 2 years.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user