How'd you meet your significant other?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-03-2017, 01:37 AM
RE: How'd you meet your significant other?
(04-03-2017 10:04 PM)Larai19 Wrote:  I met my husband when we were 16 through a friend of ours. Dated after knowing each other for a month, 7 years later and we got married. XD

That's a nice story, I met mine in my parents living room. My little brother invited her over for the 4th of July. Like a month later we were married, after year 6 she started sleeping around. Divorced year 7. Over 10 years later still single.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-03-2017, 01:45 AM
(12-03-2017 01:37 AM)JesseB Wrote:  after year 6 she started sleeping around. Divorced year 7. Over 10 years later still single.

Mine did the same at year 4. A buddy of mine asked one time how come me and my ex wife didn't get along? I told him "probably because some other dude was sticking a dick in her". I couldn't really get past that part.

I get to decide what my life looks like, not the other way around.
[+] 2 users Like RearViewMirror's post
12-03-2017, 01:58 AM
(12-03-2017 01:45 AM)RearViewMirror Wrote:  
(12-03-2017 01:37 AM)JesseB Wrote:  after year 6 she started sleeping around. Divorced year 7. Over 10 years later still single.

Mine did the same at year 4. A buddy of mine asked one time how come me and my ex wife didn't get along? I told him "probably because some other dude was sticking a dick in her". I couldn't really get past that part.

I can be ok with people in an open relationship, and I told my ex if she wanted to sleep around she could just say so. I wouldn't freak out on her (I kinda already could tell she was sleeping around, but I never bugged her about it).

That said I'm not interested in an "Open" relationship, I just have more respect for it than hiding behind someone's back and cheating. I'm still single cause no one has shown me that they would stick around, I'm not interested in investing myself into someone only to have them run off with all my emotions and time. I don't want to go through that ever again.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes JesseB's post
12-03-2017, 09:13 AM
(12-03-2017 01:58 AM)JesseB Wrote:  
(12-03-2017 01:45 AM)RearViewMirror Wrote:  Mine did the same at year 4. A buddy of mine asked one time how come me and my ex wife didn't get along? I told him "probably because some other dude was sticking a dick in her". I couldn't really get past that part.

I can be ok with people in an open relationship, and I told my ex if she wanted to sleep around she could just say so. I wouldn't freak out on her (I kinda already could tell she was sleeping around, but I never bugged her about it).

That said I'm not interested in an "Open" relationship, I just have more respect for it than hiding behind someone's back and cheating. I'm still single cause no one has shown me that they would stick around, I'm not interested in investing myself into someone only to have them run off with all my emotions and time. I don't want to go through that ever again.

I suppose it might have been different had I "known" we were in a "open relationship" at the time lol. Thing is... I didn't know and found out after it all went down (or she went down as it may be). Either way... I've been married for almost 17yrs now to a wonderful woman. I'm 46yrs old and I'm too old to worry about cheating. I found the one that I want and is willing to put up with my shit and that, my friend, is hard to find.

12-03-2017, 11:50 AM
(05-03-2017 12:15 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Does a Fleshlight count? Consider

What the hell is a Fleshlight? [Image: BRqIww5.gif?zoom=2]

Today is the best day of my life and tomorrow will be even better.
Robert himself
12-03-2017, 11:57 AM
(12-03-2017 09:13 AM)RearViewMirror Wrote:  
(12-03-2017 01:58 AM)JesseB Wrote:  I can be ok with people in an open relationship, and I told my ex if she wanted to sleep around she could just say so. I wouldn't freak out on her (I kinda already could tell she was sleeping around, but I never bugged her about it).

I suppose it might have been different had I "known" we were in a "open relationship" at the time lol. Thing is... I didn't know and found out after it all went down (or she went down as it may be). Either way... I've been married for almost 17yrs now to a wonderful woman. I'm 46yrs old and I'm too old to worry about cheating. I found the one that I want and is willing to put up with my shit and that, my friend, is hard to find.

Cheers mate, I could only hope to one day be lucky enough to find the kind of thing you got goin on. I just hope I do before its too late. I do want to have a kid one day. I want my child to know both their parents, and have a good life, the kinda life I never had with loving parents, the kind I also never had.

Big Grin
12-03-2017, 12:05 PM
(12-03-2017 11:57 AM)JesseB Wrote:  Cheers mate, I could only hope to one day be lucky enough to find the kind of thing you got goin on. I just hope I do before its too late. I do want to have a kid one day. I want my child to know both their parents, and have a good life, the kinda life I never had with loving parents, the kind I also never had.

That is my wish for you also my friend. Finding "the one" is not something that comes easy. But sometimes it just works out. I got really lucky when I met my wife since we share a great life together. We have a beautiful daughter that I couldn't be more proud of so I got a lot more than I certainly deserved. Marriage is a give and take. Neither can take more than the other and it needs to be as close to a 50/50 split as possible. Once you perfect that dance, the rest is relatively easy.

Here's to hoping you find what you are looking for.

12-03-2017, 12:10 PM
(12-03-2017 12:05 PM)RearViewMirror Wrote:  
(12-03-2017 11:57 AM)JesseB Wrote:  Cheers mate, I could only hope to one day be lucky enough to find the kind of thing you got goin on. I just hope I do before its too late. I do want to have a kid one day. I want my child to know both their parents, and have a good life, the kinda life I never had with loving parents, the kind I also never had.

That is my wish for you also my friend. Finding "the one" is not something that comes easy. But sometimes it just works out. I got really lucky when I met my wife since we share a great life together. We have a beautiful daughter that I couldn't be more proud of so I got a lot more than I certainly deserved. Marriage is a give and take. Neither can take more than the other and it needs to be as close to a 50/50 split. Once you perfect that dance the rest is relatively easy.

Here's to hoping you find what you are looking for.

My marriage was a give and take, I gave my emotions, thoughts, care, my health as I killed myself in jobs like roughnecking in the oil fields, my time spending 72 hours on a shift, my time at home.

And she took..... any guy or girl she could find into the bedroom. Then she'd come back plastered and tell me about it while forcing me to have sex with her. She had this bible thing she would like to quote about how a husband and wife aren't allowed to say no to each other (though I'm pretty sure in the bible days it was a bit more one sided than that).

I mean if it was anything it was a give and take.... not really sure about the 50/50 bit though, pretty sure I got the short end of that stick.

Reality is what it is, all the shit in my life kinda makes me laugh now more than anything. I have no complaints about the past, its gone now and not worth complaining about it. I just state it as accurately (and humorously) as I can, I think about it so that I can think about how to have a better future. How not to make the same mistakes ever again.

Big Grin
12-03-2017, 12:14 PM
(12-03-2017 12:10 PM)JesseB Wrote:  I mean if it was anything it was a give and take.... not really sure about the 50/50 bit though, pretty sure I got the short end of that stick.

From the way you describe it, it sounds like you definitely got the short end of that stick. Hopefully next time around it will be much better. At least you know what not to look for in a mate.

[+] 1 user Likes RearViewMirror's post
12-03-2017, 12:16 PM
Indeed Smile

Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes JesseB's post