How'd you meet your significant other?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-03-2017, 12:34 PM
RE: How'd you meet your significant other?
I was working as a repair plumber. We got a call that a water heater wasn't heating. I was pretty sure what the problem was.

When I got to her home the first thing I saw was a huge German Shepherd‎ (turns out he was a German Shepherd-Timber Wolf mix).

After fixing the water heater we talked and I suggested we take her dog out to a park so he could run free for a while. She agreed but I didn't show up as promised. (She was a flight attendant so I figured she had a string of men) and wasn't much concerned.

One day I called in sick, had a flu bug. She went to the office and asked where I was. The owner told her I was sick and she figured I'd probably wasn't sick but got my address anyway. When she knocked on the door I opened it to see a nicely dressed woman who I didn't know, but I did recognize her dog.

That was some 45 years ago. We are still married. (the in between part is rather complicated).

Today is the best day of my life and tomorrow will be even better.
Robert himself
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Ro3bert's post
12-03-2017, 12:58 PM
(12-03-2017 12:34 PM)Ro3bert Wrote:  I was working as a repair plumber. We got a call that a water heater wasn't heating. I was pretty sure what the problem was.

When I got to her home the first thing I saw was a huge German Shepherd‎ (turns out he was a German Shepherd-Timber Wolf mix).

After fixing the water heater we talked and I suggested we take her dog out to a park so he could run free for a while. She agreed but I didn't show up as promised. (She was a flight attendant so I figured she had a string of men) and wasn't much concerned.

One day I called in sick, had a flu bug. She went to the office and asked where I was. The owner told her I was sick and she figured I'd probably wasn't sick but got my address anyway. When she knocked on the door I opened it to see a nicely dressed woman who I didn't know, but I did recognize her dog.

That was some 45 years ago. We are still married. (the in between part is rather complicated).

That's a crazy fun story! Life gets complicated yea, but if you're happy that's all that really matters isn't it?

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
12-03-2017, 10:16 PM (This post was last modified: 12-03-2017 10:20 PM by WhiskeyDebates.)
I meet the first great love of my life when I was 18 an just entering my final year of High school. She was the older sister of a classmate of mine and being a year older than me we had never talked while she was at school. The first interaction I had with her was at a house party. Which I was not invited to but crashed anyway because of course I did I make only the best decisions. Anyway after getting into a rather heated debate with her brother a round of fisticuffs began which I won....and then proceeded to lose when this 5' 6" jet black haired beauty broke my nose with a decently solid right cross. Now..I've done a lot of bad things in my life but I ain't never hit a lady so I ended up with a black eye, a broken nose, a lip split in two places, and a MOTHERFUCKER of a grudge which I nursed until graduation.

I thought she was a miserable cunt and every time we met it was the same thing: shouting and cursing at one another, her calling me an asshole and me calling her a bitch and dropping C-bombs (which in Canada at the time was a big deal apparently). Her brother and I got in scrapes all the time, I was suspended from school twice but by the end of the school year it was more a rivalry then an actual hate. His sister though? God I couldn't stand to be in the same room as her.
About 3 weeks after graduation he and I were at a party, got pretty loaded on vodka (vodka makes me punchy) and got into it again, as boys are wont to do at that age, and he broke my nose (family traditions man, they fuckin' suck) and I knocked him clean off his ass, though to be honest the booze did most of the heavy lifting in that regard. Now Ponoka, the town I lived at the time, was a small ass town and in my inebriated state I didn't see anything wrong with carrying his bitch ass home. To his house. Where his sister lived, with her bloody and unconscious baby brother.

Oh man the tongue lashing I got you can not imagine when the two of us stumbled in that door, him unable to stand and me bleeding from the head. I wasn't in the mood for that harpies goddamn squawking so I dropped his as by the door and went to leave, but was quickly blocked and told I was responsible for carrying her brother to his room. Now I don't recall what I said but I said something ungentlemanly (shocking, I know) and got a hurt look and a very large slap across the face. Now I'd been punched and kicked and headbutted more times than I could count but no one had ever slapped me before, not even by her. Well I buckled under the immense weight of that slap and that look and I carried her brother to his room and dropped his ass on the bed and went to leave, only now instead of having a strip torn outta my hide I got..... a lecture.

A lecture about violence, about what kinda man I wanted to be, and if an angry little kid is all I was gonna be. At first I was pissed, here I was getting lectured about violence by a girl who had broken my nose and it started to really piss me off. But.....there was actual concern in her voice, and I didn't know why. We hated each other, argued and fought every time we saw each other. I called her cat an asshole once, though in my defense that cat WAS an asshole but who actually says it?So now I'm drunk, bleeding, confused and a teenage boy. Not a great combo for making rational decisions, which is probably why I kissed her at that point.

Now what I didn't know at the time is that this girl had been secretly in love with me for like 4 years and the reason she was always so angry at me was because I was a lil' shit, didn't notice she liked me, and kept fighting her baby brother. Which.... is fair. So she kissed me back and one thing lead to another and , skipping over a lot of things cause this fuckin' story is too long already (#deargodIneedanEditor) and their are little kids reading, we were together for the next two years. Those two years were the two happiest years of my life. They were less so for her brother, as one can imagine lol.

It didn't last long unfortunately and she died at 21 when she was struck head on by a drunk driver coming home from visiting her parents, and our story ended in tragedy. I sold everything we had and was on a plane to some random part of the world a week after we buried her, mad with grief, running from country to country and didn't come back home for 3 years.

*I wrote that 6 years ago, and figured I'd copy and paste it in this thread cause everyone was sharing their tales. There is a lot more after that ending I didn't post here but it was 12 years ago and feels like the life of someone else. I have a girlfriend now (the chief reason I'm not around much) and we are going really strong. It's just a matter of time till I pop the question and we both know it haha. She convinced me to quit the job I hated after just 3 weeks of dating and I'm now working for a local HEMA club teaching Historical European Martial Arts (sword fighting! Woooo!) and I love having students again. She's bubbly and sweet, a veterinarian and amateur tattoo artist, incredibly uncompromisingly adorable, kind and gorgeous.
It's been really nice, though I sure as shit won't tell you how I met her!

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 9 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
12-03-2017, 10:25 PM
(12-03-2017 10:16 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  I meet the first great love of my life when I was 18 an just entering my final year of High school. She was the older sister of a classmate of mine and being a year older than me we had never talked while she was at school. The first interaction I had with her was at a house party. Which I was not invited to but crashed anyway because of course I did I make only the best decisions. Anyway after getting into a rather heated debate with her brother a round of fisticuffs began which I won....and then proceeded to lose when this 5' 6" jet black haired beauty broke my nose with a decently solid right cross. Now..I've done a lot of bad things in my life but I ain't never hit a lady so I ended up with a black eye, a broken nose, a lip split in two places, and a MOTHERFUCKER of a grudge which I nursed until graduation.

I thought she was a miserable cunt and every time we met it was the same thing: shouting and cursing at one another, her calling me an asshole and me calling her a bitch and dropping C-bombs (which in Canada at the time was a big deal apparently). Her brother and I got in scrapes all the time, I was suspended from school twice but by the end of the school year it was more a rivalry then an actual hate. His sister though? God I couldn't stand to be in the same room as her.
About 3 weeks after graduation he and I were at a party, got pretty loaded on vodka (vodka makes me punchy) and got into it again, as boys are wont to do at that age, and he broke my nose (family traditions man, they fuckin' suck) and I knocked him clean off his ass, though to be honest the booze did most of the heavy lifting in that regard. Now Ponoka, the town I lived at the time, was a small ass town and in my inebriated state I didn't see anything wrong with carrying his bitch ass home. To his house. Where his sister lived, with her bloody and unconscious baby brother.

Oh man the tongue lashing I got you can not imagine when the two of us stumbled in that door, him unable to stand and me bleeding from the head. I wasn't in the mood for that harpies goddamn squawking so I dropped his as by the door and went to leave, but was quickly blocked and told I was responsible for carrying her brother to his room. Now I don't recall what I said but I said something ungentlemanly (shocking, I know) and got a hurt look and a very large slap across the face. Now I'd been punched and kicked and headbutted more times than I could count but no one had ever slapped me before, not even by her. Well I buckled under the immense weight of that slap and that look and I carried her brother to his room and dropped his ass on the bed and went to leave, only now instead of having a strip torn outta my hide I got..... a lecture.

A lecture about violence, about what kinda man I wanted to be, and if an angry little kid is all I was gonna be. At first I was pissed, here I was getting lectured about violence by a girl who had broken my nose and it started to really piss me off. But.....there was actual concern in her voice, and I didn't know why. We hated each other, argued and fought every time we saw each other. I called her cat an asshole once, though in my defense that cat WAS an asshole but who actually says it?So now I'm drunk, bleeding, confused and a teenage boy. Not a great combo for making rational decisions, which is probably why I kissed her at that point.

Now what I didn't know at the time is that this girl had been secretly in love with me for like 4 years and the reason she was always so angry at me was because I was a lil' shit, didn't notice she liked me, and kept fighting her baby brother. Which.... is fair. So she kissed me back and one thing lead to another and , skipping over a lot of things cause this fuckin' story is too long already (#deargodIneedanEditor) and their are little kids reading, we were together for the next two years. Those two years were the two happiest years of my life. They were less so for her brother, as one can imagine lol.

It didn't last long unfortunately and she died at 21 when she was struck head on by a drunk driver coming home from visiting her parents, and our story ended in tragedy. I sold everything we had and was on a plane to some random part of the world a week after we buried her, mad with grief, running from country to country and didn't come back home for 3 years.

*I wrote that 6 years ago, and figured I'd copy and paste it in this thread cause everyone was sharing their tales. There is a lot more after that ending I didn't post here but it was 12 years ago and feels like the life of someone else. I have a girlfriend now (the chief reason I'm not around much) and we are going really strong. It's just a matter of time till I pop the question and we both know it haha. She convinced me to quit the job I hated after just 3 weeks of dating and I'm now working for a local HEMA club teaching Historical European Martial Arts (sword fighting! Woooo!) and I love having students again. She's bubbly and sweet, a veterinarian and amateur tattoo artist, incredibly uncompromisingly adorable, kind and gorgeous.
It's been really nice, though I sure as shit won't tell you how I met her!

Man... That was a hell of a read! Thanks for sharing. I got a few chuckles out of it and then the end.... damn...

I'm glad you have found happiness again and wish you continued happiness.

I get to decide what my life looks like, not the other way around.
[+] 1 user Likes RearViewMirror's post
13-03-2017, 01:43 AM
(12-03-2017 11:50 AM)Ro3bert Wrote:  
(05-03-2017 12:15 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Does a Fleshlight count? Consider

What the hell is a Fleshlight? [Image: BRqIww5.gif?zoom=2]

Well you asked...

It's a particular brand of pocket pussy. A self contained sleeve and holder made to recreate the sensation of intercourse. If a dildo is an 'outie' toy for women, a Fleshlight is an 'innie' toy for men. Same idea. Certainly a step up from a tube sock, and less messy than an apple pie.

[Image: movies-american-pie-jason-biggs.jpg]

Try Google Image Search with safe search off. Show em' to your kids. Tongue

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
13-03-2017, 03:19 AM
(12-03-2017 11:50 AM)Ro3bert Wrote:  
(05-03-2017 12:15 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Does a Fleshlight count? Consider

What the hell is a Fleshlight? [Image: BRqIww5.gif?zoom=2]

If you do run it through Google images, do it while at work or on a public computer at the library or something.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
13-03-2017, 03:34 AM
(13-03-2017 03:19 AM)yakherder Wrote:  
(12-03-2017 11:50 AM)Ro3bert Wrote:  What the hell is a Fleshlight?
If you do run it through Google images, do it while at work or on a public computer at the library or something.

[Image: f7FdEdG.jpg]

This man speaks the truth!

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
13-03-2017, 04:06 AM
I met my wife on a night out with some friends.

She was a friend of a friend, and I didn't pay too much attention to her, but as the evening went on I noticed there was just 'something' about her that was different to any other girl I'd met. She was carefree and just happy with being herself. We laughed, danced and had a great time. I later found out she didn't like me that much, but she came around in the end haha.

Took months on my part to ask her out properly, but 11 years later, (and 4 being married) we're still together!

"I don't do magic, Morty, I do science. One takes brains, the other takes dark eye liner" - Rick
I now sell T-Shirts Here! Please Check it out Thumbsup
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like OakTree500's post
13-03-2017, 12:30 PM
I met her in high school. Her older sister and I had some classes together. Most people at school knew her though, since she was the principal's daughter. I almost dated her sister, but she wouldn't go out with me because her sister had a crush on me.

We eventually started dating my senior year--and then we broke up afterwards because I was going off to college. We hooked up off and on until I got out of college, then decided to get back together permanently.
[+] 1 user Likes Ash's post
14-03-2017, 02:57 PM
Lol

I get to decide what my life looks like, not the other way around.
[+] 1 user Likes RearViewMirror's post