How did an old religion get it directionally right?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-01-2016, 04:08 PM
How did an old religion get it directionally right?
Here is one modern day scientific hypothesis of how everything could have come from nothing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ImvlS8PLIo. Essentially, the theory states that a disturbance in the space time fabric of some sort causes energy fluctuations and that in turn starts a cascade of events where energy is converted from one form to another (i.e. material world).

Hinduism (Sanatan Dharma), one of world’s oldest religion has had the following concepts of creation:

1. In the beginning, there was total silence (i.e. nothingness) and the universe was created (i.e. by Brahman = Universal consciousness) with the sound OHM (i.e. frequency = fluctuations in space time fabric). Theosophists like myself argue that this is in harmony with modern much more specific and detailed scientific discoveries.

2. Cyclical Universe in Hinduism: The birth and death process is endless. The universe is created and in time it will cease to exist and in its place another one is created and this cycle of birth and death is endless. Again, I argue that this is in harmony with modern scientific theory that the expanding universe with at some point start to contract and the whole Big Bang may repeat itself.

3. Multiverse: There are multiple universes in simultaneous existence. Though there are modern day scientific theories, I don’t think we can conclusively assert this to be the case. Nevertheless Hinduism (Sanatan Dharma) is firm in this point of view.

My Question: For a religion that is well over 3000 years old, from all the possible explanations and descriptions they could have developed for the creation and nature of the universe, why did they develop this one?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-01-2016, 05:05 PM
RE: How did an old religion get it directionally right?
Welcome to TTA.

My Answer: Sharp-shooter fallacy.

Big Grin

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
24-01-2016, 05:18 PM
(24-01-2016 04:08 PM)SNair Wrote:  Here is one modern day scientific hypothesis of how everything could have come from nothing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ImvlS8PLIo. Essentially, the theory states that a disturbance in the space time fabric of some sort causes energy fluctuations and that in turn starts a cascade of events where energy is converted from one form to another (i.e. material world).

Hinduism (Sanatan Dharma), one of world’s oldest religion has had the following concepts of creation:

1. In the beginning, there was total silence (i.e. nothingness) and the universe was created (i.e. by Brahman = Universal consciousness) with the sound OHM (i.e. frequency = fluctuations in space time fabric). Theosophists like myself argue that this is in harmony with modern much more specific and detailed scientific discoveries.

2. Cyclical Universe in Hinduism: The birth and death process is endless. The universe is created and in time it will cease to exist and in its place another one is created and this cycle of birth and death is endless. Again, I argue that this is in harmony with modern scientific theory that the expanding universe with at some point start to contract and the whole Big Bang may repeat itself.

3. Multiverse: There are multiple universes in simultaneous existence. Though there are modern day scientific theories, I don’t think we can conclusively assert this to be the case. Nevertheless Hinduism (Sanatan Dharma) is firm in this point of view.

My Question: For a religion that is well over 3000 years old, from all the possible explanations and descriptions they could have developed for the creation and nature of the universe, why did they develop this one?

The alien race who planted us here gave us these nice stories that have a nugget of truth behind them. (sounds good to me!)
[+] 3 users Like Aliza's post
24-01-2016, 05:23 PM
(24-01-2016 05:18 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(24-01-2016 04:08 PM)SNair Wrote:  Here is one modern day scientific hypothesis of how everything could have come from nothing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ImvlS8PLIo. Essentially, the theory states that a disturbance in the space time fabric of some sort causes energy fluctuations and that in turn starts a cascade of events where energy is converted from one form to another (i.e. material world).

The alien race who planted us here gave us these nice stories that have a nugget of truth behind them. (sounds good to me!)

Karellen wants a word with you.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Gawdzilla's post
24-01-2016, 05:50 PM
(24-01-2016 05:05 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Welcome to TTA.

Big Grin

Thanks.

That's a blanket term to discard almost any perspective other the current scientific knowledge itself. This is because only the data from current scientific knowledge can match all the data from current scientific knowledge! Any other position will have some data that match and some data that don't. Unless we explain why/how the match occurred or articulate what the mismatches are, my question still stands.
24-01-2016, 05:51 PM
(24-01-2016 05:23 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(24-01-2016 05:18 PM)Aliza Wrote:  The alien race who planted us here gave us these nice stories that have a nugget of truth behind them. (sounds good to me!)

Karellen wants a word with you.

Sorry, I have an appointment with Lord Xenu tomorrow. I can try to fit Karellen in later this week.
[+] 3 users Like Aliza's post
24-01-2016, 05:58 PM
Given enough different belief systems, somebody has to get it right.
24-01-2016, 06:02 PM
A broken clock is right twice a day.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 3 users Like Rahn127's post
24-01-2016, 06:05 PM

You are back-fitting a version of a myth to force it to match current theory. Facepalm

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
24-01-2016, 06:14 PM
(24-01-2016 05:50 PM)SNair Wrote:  
(24-01-2016 05:05 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Welcome to TTA.

Big Grin

Thanks.

That's a blanket term to discard almost any perspective other the current scientific knowledge itself. This is because only the data from current scientific knowledge can match all the data from current scientific knowledge! Any other position will have some data that match and some data that don't. Unless we explain why/how the match occurred or articulate what the mismatches are, my question still stands.

My posit is that Norrg the creator of the universe and all life within it who resides inside hollow Uranus, hid the evidence of how he created everything inside little glass bottles which he threw into the sun, never to be seen again.....see, we can sit around the campfire drinking the bong water while positing various "wouldn't it be cool if..." scenarios to explain the universe and life...but in the end, it is just a bunch of drunk people slapping their lips together in the physical expression of neurological flatulence...amusing only to us...but answering nothing.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)