Poll: How did life arise in the universe?
Via some natural process
Via the product of intellect
Life has always existed.
We don't know
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
How did life arise in the universe?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-10-2014, 10:45 PM
RE: How did life arise in the universe?
I've had a change of heart, and now much like Blowjob, I too see the light!

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
01-11-2014, 03:35 AM
(31-10-2014 06:50 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I do most of my posting these days at AF because its a better forum. The members there are bit smarter and not such blatant assholes like so many here.

I absolutely agree. In fact if I were you I wouldn't even bother posting on this forum ever again. Make your displeasure known! Give your loyalty to AF, they will appreciate it.

It's quite simple to delete your account on TTA or change to some random password that you then forget after logging out.
[+] 5 users Like Mathilda's post
01-11-2014, 03:55 AM
(01-11-2014 03:35 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(31-10-2014 06:50 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I do most of my posting these days at AF because its a better forum. The members there are bit smarter and not such blatant assholes like so many here.

I absolutely agree. In fact if I were you I wouldn't even bother posting on this forum ever again. Make your displeasure known! Give your loyalty to AF, they will appreciate it.

It's quite simple to delete your account on TTA or change to some random password that you then forget after logging out.

But you see, if he actually did that, he wouldn't be able to bitch at us about it now, would he? Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
01-11-2014, 04:35 AM
(01-11-2014 03:55 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(01-11-2014 03:35 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  I absolutely agree. In fact if I were you I wouldn't even bother posting on this forum ever again. Make your displeasure known! Give your loyalty to AF, they will appreciate it.

But you see, if he actually did that, he wouldn't be able to bitch at us about it now, would he? Drinking Beverage

No no! Don't listen to EK. We'll all promise to follow your posts on AF so you can bitch at us from there.

Honest ...
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
01-11-2014, 06:54 AM
(01-11-2014 03:35 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  

Sometimes its more advantageous to post here. This poll thread was such an instance. Your advice is just stupid.
01-11-2014, 07:00 AM
(26-10-2014 09:35 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Let's start with the most honest answer I personally can give. "I don't know"

I know experiments have been done that show how inorganic molecules placed in a similar atmospheric environment that the earth had a billion years ago or more can cause protein chains, some of the building blocks of life, to form. So it has been shown that organic molecules can arise from inorganic molecules under certain conditions.

Given more time and more experiments, I think we will gain more knowledge about abiogenesis

"I don't know" is a statement about knowledge. Knowledge is not the same as belief. Lets shift gears a little bit. What do you believe about how life arose in the universe? Did it always exists, is it the product of intellect, did it arise naturally(meaning without the aid of intellect)?
01-11-2014, 07:18 AM
*Raises hand*

I'll opt for the third choice.

Much cheers to all.
01-11-2014, 08:27 AM
(01-11-2014 07:00 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(26-10-2014 09:35 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Let's start with the most honest answer I personally can give. "I don't know"

I know experiments have been done that show how inorganic molecules placed in a similar atmospheric environment that the earth had a billion years ago or more can cause protein chains, some of the building blocks of life, to form. So it has been shown that organic molecules can arise from inorganic molecules under certain conditions.

Given more time and more experiments, I think we will gain more knowledge about abiogenesis

"I don't know" is a statement about knowledge. Knowledge is not the same as belief. Lets shift gears a little bit. What do you believe about how life arose in the universe? Did it always exists, is it the product of intellect, did it arise naturally(meaning without the aid of intellect)?

The evidence is clear that it didn't always exist.
There is no evidence of a prior intellect.
That leaves us with natural process.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
01-11-2014, 08:46 AM
Having read that thread for a bit whats fucking annoying as all hell is that you make some of the same bullshit claims you made here that you KNOW have been called out without adequate response from you. New audience means you get to lie to a new group of people and it's so blatantly trollish it's revolting.

The fact that I have to spend time reading other people explain to you very fucking simple things that have been explained to you here, things that I know you already know, and make the same fucking arguments that you KNOW have been easily executed here means you are just out to waste peoples time. It's childish and annoying.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 6 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
01-11-2014, 08:48 AM (This post was last modified: 02-11-2014 08:40 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(01-11-2014 07:00 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  "I don't know" is a statement about knowledge. Knowledge is not the same as belief. Lets shift gears a little bit. What do you believe about how life arose in the universe? Did it always exists, is it the product of intellect, did it arise naturally (meaning without the aid of intellect)?

Actually, no matter how it arose, it arose "naturally".
Your definition is totally meaningless.
If (as in your idiotic recent thread ... you do remember that far back right) life was the product of intelligent design, (which you tried to argue was how we know it arises), then YOU argued it "arose naturally".

I knew you were going to get to this shit, again, sooner or later, here.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post