Poll: How did life arise in the universe?
Via some natural process
Via the product of intellect
Life has always existed.
We don't know
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
How did life arise in the universe?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-11-2014, 08:23 AM
RE: How did life arise in the universe?
(01-11-2014 07:00 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  "I don't know" is a statement about knowledge. Knowledge is not the same as belief. Lets shift gears a little bit. What do you believe about how life arose in the universe? Did it always exists, is it the product of intellect, did it arise naturally(meaning without the aid of intellect)?

Meaning through undirected processes? I'll bite. How do you think your life-creating-intellect arose? Through undirected processes or with the aid of an intellect?

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Hafnof's post
02-11-2014, 08:29 PM
(02-11-2014 08:23 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  
(01-11-2014 07:00 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  "I don't know" is a statement about knowledge. Knowledge is not the same as belief. Lets shift gears a little bit. What do you believe about how life arose in the universe? Did it always exists, is it the product of intellect, did it arise naturally(meaning without the aid of intellect)?

Meaning through undirected processes? I'll bite. How do you think your life-creating-intellect arose? Through undirected processes or with the aid of an intellect?

I don't know how it arose(I'm making a statement about my knowledge). I suspect intellect has always been part of reality(I'm making a statement about my beliefs).
[+] 1 user Likes Heywood Jahblome's post
02-11-2014, 08:39 PM
God dumped his seed in the sock of life which he then forgot in the bottom of the hamper of Earth.
02-11-2014, 08:41 PM
(02-11-2014 08:29 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(02-11-2014 08:23 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  Meaning through undirected processes? I'll bite. How do you think your life-creating-intellect arose? Through undirected processes or with the aid of an intellect?

I don't know how it arose(I'm making a statement about my knowledge). I suspect intellect has always been part of reality(I'm making a statement about my beliefs).

The processes ongoing in "intellect" (using YOUR argument from your prior thread, the ONLY ones we know about) require an intellectual *change* from moment "A" to moment "B". If you posit *eternal intellect* you must also posit eternal time. The only way we are aware of it, is space-time. Thus you deity requires an environment to operate in, consisting of space-time. Care to explain how your deity created the "priors" that are required for it's own activity ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post