How did you choose/invent your user name?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-05-2017, 07:12 AM
Question How did you choose/invent your user name?
Okay, I guess I'll go first.

Several years ago, when I was seriously into Middle Earth fan fiction, I needed a pen name before I could post on a LotR fan fiction website. Sindarin is the common Elven tongue in Middle Earth. My real name is Karl. Gwaithmir is one Sindarin translation of Karl. There are a few other variants, but this one sounded best.

When I signed up on Atheist Nexus and the Amazon forums I took this user name with me. I saw no reason to change it when I arrived at The Thinking Atheist.

Ultimately, I chose Karlmir Stonewain as my pen name, but that's another story. Wink
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 9 users Like Gwaithmir's post
26-05-2017, 07:20 AM
RE: How did you choose/invent your user name?
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...ame-Thread

There are several answers to your question on this ^ thread. Yes

Perhaps we will learn some others.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
26-05-2017, 07:25 AM
(26-05-2017 07:20 AM)Anjele Wrote:  http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...ame-Thread

There are several answers to your question on this ^ thread. Yes

Perhaps we will learn some others.

> I had no idea this sort of thread already existed. That thread was posted before I signed up here. Thanks for the link. Thumbsup
26-05-2017, 07:29 AM
I honestly don't recall the entire formation of my username. I'd used it on several other message boards over the years as well.

IIRC, it was something along the lines of: sitting in a library on a computer, where the library have a logo background on the PC had a green tree, which I took to look like an oak tree. Then I thought of those stupid like "Beefcake 5000" things you see in the health food shops/on TV, and OakTree500 was born Laugh out load

Having problems with your computer? Visit the Free Tech Support thread for help!
[+] 5 users Like OakTree500's post
26-05-2017, 07:32 AM
(26-05-2017 07:29 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  I honestly don't recall the entire formation of my username. I'd used it on several other message boards over the years as well.

IIRC, it was something along the lines of: sitting in a library on a computer, where the library have a logo background on the PC had a green tree, which I took to look like an oak tree. Then I thought of those stupid like "Beefcake 5000" things you see in the health food shops/on TV, and OakTree500 was born Laugh out load

> Cool! Thumbsup
26-05-2017, 07:38 AM
Lots of thread ideas get regurgitated on here Tongue It's all good in the hood Big Grin

My first name is Jenny, hence the Jenny Hobo I would have just put that down as my user name but I figured that name was probably already taken and I'd have to add numbers to the end which I didn't feel like doing. So I chose to add the bee because there's a pranayama (breathing technique) in yoga called "bee breath" that I always find funny.
[+] 5 users Like jennybee's post
26-05-2017, 07:45 AM
(26-05-2017 07:38 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Lots of thread ideas get regurgitated on here Tongue It's all good in the hood Big Grin

My first name is Jenny, hence the Jenny Hobo I would have just put that down as my user name but I figured that name was probably already taken and I'd have to add numbers to the end which I didn't feel like doing. So I chose to add the bee because there's a pranayama (breathing technique) in yoga called "bee breath" that I always find funny.

> I had guessed that the Bee represented an initial. You're amazing! Thumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post
26-05-2017, 07:57 AM
I'm hypogonadal.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
26-05-2017, 08:01 AM
(26-05-2017 07:57 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I'm hypogonadal.

> That makes sense. Sorry to hear about that, though. Sadcryface
26-05-2017, 09:14 AM
My name is Ana and I love bunnies. ^^
[+] 6 users Like AnaBunny's post