How did you choose/invent your user name?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-04-2018, 05:28 PM
RE: How did you choose/invent your user name?
(22-04-2018 04:39 PM)Kaneda Wrote:  I lifted my username from the main character of Katsuhiro Otomo's Akira. (duh?) At the time I had opened my account, I was already knees-deep into reading the manga, and had fallen in love with it.

That's... pretty much my whole dang story right there. Tongue Really, if you got to know me well enough, you'd know I'm quite keen on schlockly sci-fi, and have a long-standing love for apocalyptic fiction in general, so the name just sort of fell into place for me. While it isn't exactly brimming with originality or anything, it's simple and elegant enough for me, and just far enough out there that I didn't need to append it with extra numbers and junk. In all likelihood I’ll keep on using it until I run it into the ground... or I die.

(20-09-2017 08:17 PM)M. Linoge Wrote:  ‘Storm of the century’ – by Stephen (all-hail-the) King – made a deep impression on me. A lot of my passwords and net-names are derived from obscure details in the script I can’t seem to forget.
Least of all, Andree Linoge. A character which, IOMO, defied stereotypes and projections.

Should I be embarrassed to admit that up until now, I'd thought 'M. Linoge' was your actual name? Confused

> Actually, I did too. Blink
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Gwaithmir's post
22-04-2018, 05:43 PM
No reason not to think a person's first name could start with M. or that their last name could be Linoge. You must have heard stranger names than that in your lives.

M. Linoge has become my consistent internet identity. Many more people on the web know me by this name than real life people know me by the name my parents picked, so you may as well think of it as my actual name.

"Throughout history, every mystery, ever solved, has turned out to be; Not magic."
[+] 2 users Like M. Linoge's post
22-04-2018, 05:52 PM
I didn't choose my username. My username chose me.

I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine.
[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post