How did you choose/invent your user name?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-05-2017, 09:15 AM
RE: How did you choose/invent your user name?
I'm from Boston. I've used variations of this name on various fora for over a decade.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Mr. Boston's post
26-05-2017, 09:30 AM
Mine is a combination of my last name, a childhood nickname, and my love of The Dude from The Big Lebowski.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 3 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
26-05-2017, 09:31 AM
My username is, well, kinda stolen. With the intent of paying tribute. It was the nickname of one of the most amazing singers to have ever existed,. A great idol of mine, Billie Holiday. Her music has brought me through some dark, confusing times, while trying to find my footing as a young woman, and it continues to bring me joy to this day.
Someone wise once said "Ella [Fitzgerald] when you're happy, Billie when you're sad". I like to think they both work for many moods Smile

"I believe that while not all people are essentially good, most are trying" - Adam Savage
[+] 6 users Like LadyDay's post
26-05-2017, 09:36 AM
House fell on me in an earthquake in Japan. Didn't get a scratch. My ship's captain was amused and blessed me with a nickname. Consensus was it fit.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like Gawdzilla's post
26-05-2017, 09:45 AM
I don't know. I wanted something different than my nick on AF.org, and it just sort of came to me in a flash.
[+] 3 users Like big green mouth's post
26-05-2017, 09:47 AM
(26-05-2017 07:12 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  My real name is Karl. Gwaithmir is one Sindarin translation of Karl.

I'm a lifelong student of Henry Thoreau's ideas (and a member of the Thoreau Society as well). That's the most consistent aspect of my life, and it led to all sorts of other adventures.
[+] 4 users Like Thoreauvian's post
26-05-2017, 10:54 AM
sea_tiger - A white tiger walking on frozen waters of sea. [has nothing to do with Life of Pi]
[+] 1 user Likes sea_tiger's post
26-05-2017, 11:22 AM
How did you choose/invent your user name?
I was enchanted with Solzhenitsyn "One Day in Life of Ivan Denisovich" so Szuchow (polonized version, should be Shukhov in English) seemed fitting choice.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post
26-05-2017, 11:56 AM
I'd like to have some nice, creative story, but - not really. I'm a bit OCD about stuff on the 'net, and I always hated those e-mail addresses that were something like SJoeSl1234@somewhere.com. (I always wonder what happened to SJoeSl through SJoeSl1233.) For professional use, I managed to get an e-mail addy that is just my first and last names (no hyphens or other weirdness) at "mail.com" - which looks kinda neat on a resume. For other use, I wanted something simple, so I kept trying a combination of two simple words until I got one that wasn't in use. So, simple e-mail addresses and simple user name which I have rarely found already in use when I try to claim it. That makes my OCDish brain cells happy, but the name doesn't actually mean anything. Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like Rockblossom's post
26-05-2017, 12:56 PM
Actually when I first got on line there were so many Brian users everywhere, I assigned my age to the end of it, my intent was to change it every year but decided it was too much work after a couple of years. My original user name was Brian34. If I had kept up with it every year my user name should be Brian50

I started out on the now sold AtheistNetwork, then Infidel Guy then Rational Responders.

I have the same user name on all the websites I hang out at. FB and Twitter are slightly different but I still link to my home host site that Brian Sapient owns, he allowed me my poetry thread there.

If you see Brian37 and an ABBA avatar, that's me.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post