How did you choose/invent your user name?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-05-2017, 11:15 AM
RE: How did you choose/invent your user name?
Mine's a play on the phrases, "It's not brain surgery!" and "It's not rocket science!"

Also, since I work on and customize a type of performance motorcycle, performing "surgery" on "crotch rockets" (as some call fast motorcycles), I took this on as my business appellation.

It seemed to suit for an online nickname, as well.

Edit: Now that Guardians of the Galaxy is a phenomenon, I also like that I am called by the same name as my favorite character, Rocket. Smile

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
27-05-2017, 01:34 PM
Mine is probably pretty easy to figure out.

And I mean the video game series, not the movies.
27-05-2017, 01:39 PM
(27-05-2017 10:30 AM)LadyDay Wrote:  
(26-05-2017 03:55 PM)Harvey Wrote:  Harvey is not my real name. But Arve is. So just added an "H" in front of and a "y" at the end of my real name, and voila, I had something that every englishspeaker in the world would recognice as a name.

Heeeey, en Nordmand! Heart Jeg kan godt udtale dit navn Smile Vi er naboer.

I have a dash of Norwegian in me. I can almost read that. At least the last part- "We are neighbors".
27-05-2017, 02:08 PM
(27-05-2017 01:39 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(27-05-2017 10:30 AM)LadyDay Wrote:  Heeeey, en Nordmand! Heart Jeg kan godt udtale dit navn Smile Vi er naboer.

I have a dash of Norwegian in me. I can almost read that. At least the last part- "We are neighbors".

Pft. Any English speaker can guess that part. That's cheating! Big Grin

Have you been to Norway? It's mindblowing! Mountains and fjords and shit! And reindeer on the roads! (boyfriend and I go to arctic Norway at least once per year. Got friends with cabin there. Big fans!)

"I believe that while not all people are essentially good, most are trying" - Adam Savage
27-05-2017, 07:30 PM
(27-05-2017 08:55 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(26-05-2017 08:01 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  > That makes sense. Sorry to hear about that, though. Sadcryface

Don't cry for me Argentina. With exogenous supplementation I got testosterone levels higher than some super-buff 18 yo. :showsguns: :trapflex: Big Grin

> That's better. Smile
27-05-2017, 08:08 PM
Years ago there was a record called "An evening wasted with Tom Lear" one of the selections had as the main character (in fact the only character), a doctor who's specialty was the diseases of the very rich who's name was Hen3ry and as he explained it the 3 was silent.

Well since Robert is a popular name on many forums I decided to try Ro3bert and it worked so I use it almost exclusively for any time I need a user name (unless i am forced to use my email address).

Today is the best day of my life and tomorrow will be even better.
Robert himself
[+] 4 users Like Ro3bert's post
27-05-2017, 08:17 PM
(27-05-2017 02:08 PM)LadyDay Wrote:  
(27-05-2017 01:39 PM)Fireball Wrote:  I have a dash of Norwegian in me. I can almost read that. At least the last part- "We are neighbors".

Pft. Any English speaker can guess that part. That's cheating! Big Grin

Have you been to Norway? It's mindblowing! Mountains and fjords and shit! And reindeer on the roads! (boyfriend and I go to arctic Norway at least once per year. Got friends with cabin there. Big fans!)

I thought at one point in my life that I would study linguistics, because I like languages and their history. I have studied Spanish (I live in California, seemed appropriate) and French, but I picked Physics for a major because it was even more interesting. And I could be sure to get a job with it. It's been 34 years since I graduated university, and I never got back to linguistics. I'd visit Norway in the fair weather; I'm sure it's beautiful. I've lived through 2 winters in Idaho, with way subzero weather. I'll pass on that, thank you very much, so living in Norway is out of the question.
28-05-2017, 12:07 AM
I copied. Blush Someone on another forum I used to frequent used a similar idea with a different word.

I make a new name for each forum I join. I was trying to come up with something generic that didn't actually pertain to any personal interests (I'd shoved them in where they didn't belong before, was embarrassed, and was paranoid about doing that again for a while) and was coming up blank, so I just went with something I'd seen before but tweaked.

I'm not a fan of it. I think of myself as just "CU" (or "Clever", but that'd be really egotistical if it wasn't an abbreviation).

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
[+] 3 users Like CleverUsername's post
28-05-2017, 12:20 AM
I once knew a guy who would use the username "Unarmed Civilian" So when in a game you killed him "YOU KILLED UNARMED CIVILIAN" and when he killed you it would say "YOU WERE KILLED BY UNARMED CIVILIAN"

He was a fun guy, we went to Anime Expo together once.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 3 users Like JesseB's post
28-05-2017, 01:21 AM
It's an old username I have used since the early 00's and late 90s. It is my favorite Mech from the Zoids Anime.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 3 users Like Shadow Fox's post