How did you get interested in history?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-06-2013, 08:29 AM
RE: How did you get interested in history?
My story is a lot like the OP's. For me it was my 7th grade Social Studies teacher, Mr. Mark Lemoncelli. I wish I had the opportunity to thank him, because his teaching (which was just fantastic) inspired not only a love of history but for me to become a middle school history teacher myself. My hope is that I can hopefully have the same kind of impact on my students that he had on me.

"History teaches us that no other cause has brought more death than the word of god."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-07-2013, 07:27 AM (This post was last modified: 31-07-2013 04:11 PM by Riqposso.)
I've got interested in with the history of Turks which full of victories.My Ancestors were achieved many amazing things.
We were feared by many Middle Eastern and European peoples. We had many great empires which developed on science,architecture,art,music and others.

People were talking about Ottomans , GökTürks in my childhood and describing them as fierce , powerful warriors.That's how I got interested , too. I have learned that not many people have achieved victories like us at the old times .

His neighbour brings Ashure , They eat it with bread !
30-07-2013, 08:00 AM
My interest in history goes back so far I can't even remember how it started. My interest in archaeology, however, goes back about 20 years. This came about because archaeology is a way to test history because, as it turns out, historians often color their accounts to suit the interests of their patrons.
30-07-2013, 08:24 AM
I never was interested in history. Dodgy

KC IS A LIAR!!!! HE PROMISED ME VANILLA CAKES AND GAVE ME STRAWBERRY CAKE Weeping
28-08-2013, 09:58 AM
I became interested when I was assigned a book in grade five for a book report. That book was the 'Bully Boys". This was a novelized account of Lieutennat James Fitzgibbon, who led his 50 Regulars, called the Bloody Boys, and wreaked Havoc against the Yankees during 1812. Culminating in the Battle of Beaver Dams, which made famous the Canadian hero Laura Secord (who makes amazing Ice creamTongue), Where 500 american Soldiers and a Colonol surrendered to 50 men of the 49th foot.
Ever since then I have loved Canadian military History and military history in General. Expanding my knowledge and love with the "Total War" series of video games.

I'm homophobic in the same way that I'm arachnophobic. I'm not scared of gay people but I'm going to scream if I find one in my bath.

Up to the heretic, smack, smack, smack!
Down to the jail went Good St. Nick!

When people say WWJD just remember that flipping tables and whipping people is still a valid option.
28-08-2013, 10:02 AM (This post was last modified: 28-08-2013 12:18 PM by BrokenQuill92.)
I think it was when I was about eight and we read about Atalanta the Runner, Greek history/mythology became my new favorite subject. Then just history.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-08-2013, 12:09 PM
I hate history class,so...

KC IS A LIAR!!!! HE PROMISED ME VANILLA CAKES AND GAVE ME STRAWBERRY CAKE Weeping
29-08-2013, 01:16 AM
(28-08-2013 12:09 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  I hate history class,so...

I exile you.

Leave now.

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
29-08-2013, 05:02 AM
How did I get interested in history?

Corruption. Wink

(12-11-2011 08:01 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  "Love is merely chemistry" is a deception. We are merely chemistry. Love makes us master chemists.
03-09-2013, 08:32 AM
These are some things that drive my interest in history:
1) had an excellent teacher in school (this was some 15 years ago)
2) likes mythology and legends
3) sociology classes were full of bullshit
4) evidence for very recent changes in the human genome (estimate of selection events: ~6500-7000 years)

My blog: http://nomereape.tumblr.com/

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Your Favorite History Based Movies BrokenQuill92 53 1,451 16-07-2014 02:25 PM
Last Post: Drunkin Druid
  Anyone here interested in Plato's Atlantis? barcelonic 41 508 27-06-2014 06:03 AM
Last Post: Bucky Ball
  History of egalitarianism living thing 13 224 20-06-2014 07:49 AM
Last Post: ClydeLee
  Yijin Jing history ghostexorcist 2 153 05-06-2014 07:56 PM
Last Post: ghostexorcist
  A History of Celtic Britain The Germans are coming 9 210 30-05-2014 01:32 AM
Last Post: true scotsman
  Ancient history book recommendation needed Eva 27 327 04-04-2014 03:17 AM
Last Post: Banjo
  The history documentary thread The Germans are coming 8 365 21-01-2014 10:03 PM
Last Post: cheapthrillseaker