How do Aethist think about veganism?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-05-2014, 09:18 PM
RE: How do Aethist think about veganism?
(08-05-2014 09:08 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  WTF is going on here lately? I always thought we would be overrun by JWs, Mormons or Fundies...but vegans? What the absolute fuck! It's like living in a giant non-sequitur. Between vegans, Jeremy going all rapist on us and TW being...well, TW - I feel that lately things have taken a turn for the surreal.

Someone call me back when the strangest thing we have to deal with on the forum are lagomorphs. Facepalm

We are coming up on the full moon...so there's that.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
08-05-2014, 10:13 PM
(08-05-2014 09:08 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  WTF is going on here lately? I always thought we would be overrun by JWs, Mormons or Fundies...but vegans? What the absolute fuck! It's like living in a giant non-sequitur. Between vegans, Jeremy going all rapist on us and TW being...well, TW - I feel that lately things have taken a turn for the surreal.

Someone call me back when the strangest thing we have to deal with on the forum are lagomorphs. Facepalm

Oh, and don't forget that our old friend D-Wrec-Krueger is jumping up and down and pulling its skirt up over its head in a desperate attention-seeking bid to have a go at the TaqDawg Hobo Laughat ....the cray-cray is out in full force this week...

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
09-05-2014, 05:31 AM
(08-05-2014 10:13 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  

Oh, and don't forget that our old friend D-Wrec-Krueger is jumping up and down and pulling its skirt up over its head in a desperate attention-seeking bid to have a go at the TaqDawg Hobo Laughat ....the cray-cray is out in full force this week...

Right, I forgot about him (he's very forgettable as you know).
I'm expecting to see a thread entitled "The ontology of veganism with respect to rapist apologetics in the OT" any moment now.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
09-05-2014, 05:35 AM
(08-05-2014 09:18 PM)Anjele Wrote:  

We are coming up on the full moon...so there's that.

Could be, coupled with the alignment of planets. Anyway, this place is becoming a nut-case singularity of epic proportions.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
09-05-2014, 07:03 AM
(08-05-2014 06:30 PM)Paul Linfor Wrote:  Michael I know that a lot of Atheist here believe that Vegans should not exist. But I want you to remember as long is there is one Atheist who does believe, then the belief will soon spread and soon we all shall learn to accept the understanding of veganism.

I want to share a quote by my favorite Atheist JFK.

"Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger Atheists"

No, a lot of people here think that vegans should stop their preachy bullshit.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
09-05-2014, 07:18 AM
Jesus, obvious sock puppet is obvious. Will someone ban these two already?

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
09-05-2014, 12:17 PM
I am torn between the desire to tell you how silly you are a being and the the more selfish desire to see how long you will keep it going.

Here is a hint: Paul quoted MLK and JFK as atheist Thumbsup

Oh and its not a sock puppet and paul is certainly not a vegan No
09-05-2014, 01:54 PM
No one here HATES vegans. I oppose vegans imposing their unhealthy diets on others (especially children. I think there's some cause to call making kids eat vegan child abuse). I don't like being preached to. Other than that, vegans are ok.

I do find it odd you call atheism a movement. It's just a position on one issue.
09-05-2014, 02:05 PM
Well, after a quick perusal of 28 pages of discussion, I'm mostly just disappointed.

I assumed 28 pages of discussion would surely have interesting debates related to the idea that if we, as atheists, believe we are just a highly evolved animals, and we also believe we have value, then perhaps some of what gives our lives value and argues against killing us may apply somewhat to other animals, and if we clarify these concepts further we could use that information to evaluate moral claims about the relative merits of various animal food sources, of how they are raised, of how they are killed, and maybe even the moral pros and cons of humanely raising, caring for, and ultimately killing animals for food versus simply leaving them to struggle, go without veterinary care, and die with suffering from starvation, predation, and habitat loss.

THAT could have been fascinating. Ah well....

Jesus is my Stalker: He has graced me with his unconditional love, but if I reject it and refuse to love him in return, he will make my life Hell.
[+] 1 user Likes djhall's post
09-05-2014, 02:09 PM
Actually I would like to have a discussion on the moral issues surrounding animal husbandry and treatment. But

A) this gentleman came in with a preachy attitude. Not good.

B) this gentleman tried to pull the health card. This is FALSE.
[+] 1 user Likes natachan's post