How do Aethist think about veganism?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-05-2014, 02:54 PM (This post was last modified: 10-05-2014 03:20 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: How do Aethist think about veganism?
(10-05-2014 02:18 PM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  This is bullshit. My post on page 24 was a direct engagement of the discussion and you have completely ignored it. It is you who does not wish to discuss. Only preach.

Drinking Beverage

You did. Thanks for pointing it out to me. Thumbsup

(05-05-2014 11:00 AM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  Fun fact. The main deficiency found in legitimate studies is a B12 deficiency.

But B12 deficiency is easily corrected with supplements. I think I could create an optimal nutritional profile diet from just bugs and worms and nuts and fruits and vegetables. So my question to vegans is what's up with the bugs and worms? You gonna eat 'em or not?

I used to work for the USDA counting bug parts in grain samples. You're already eating them. Why not make them the staple?

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
10-05-2014, 03:27 PM
(10-05-2014 02:54 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(10-05-2014 02:18 PM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  This is bullshit. My post on page 24 was a direct engagement of the discussion and you have completely ignored it. It is you who does not wish to discuss. Only preach.

Drinking Beverage

You did. Thanks for pointing it out to me. Thumbsup

(05-05-2014 11:00 AM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  Fun fact. The main deficiency found in legitimate studies is a B12 deficiency.

But B12 deficiency is easily corrected with supplements. I think I could create an optimal nutritional profile diet from just bugs and worms and vegetables. So my question to vegans is what's up with the bugs and worms? You gonna eat 'em or not?

I used to work for the USDA counting bug parts in grain samples. You're already eating them.

Lol ... My post was directed at the OP bro ... I expected HIM to come back to me with something like that. ... I was then going to point out the environmental issues around the supplements industry ... and then there's the packaging. Veganism is impossible. It's a direct social reflection of what psychologists refer to as white middle class male syndrome. Where privileged comfortable westerners erroneously place their own percieved self worth, empathetically on to animals. Look at countries where food is scarce, on rare occasion, where an animal is caught, how would it go down if some hemp covered poindexter is stood there telling them meat is murder. It's part of the natural world.

One of my big issues with society is how removed we have become from our primal core. I hate it. I have compassion and empathy, intelligence and an education. I also have a body which I push hard, really hard some days. I can run for miles, spar for ages and still have the energy to train and teach. ... I don't want to be some undernourished frail thing couched in an arrogant justification from intellect, who looks down on people who eat meat. ... I have met loads of them in my many years in the martial arts, as soon as it gets real they whitey, dropping out of cardio drills left right and centre. He's given 1 example of an MMA vegan, that sport is utterly riddled with steriod abuse, I personally don't know the guy, but I have known many vegans who have trained, the guy he mentioned is either completely biologically different to every other human being, or is roiding like the majority of pro MMA fighters. Apply occams razor Smile

I'll just play the 'can I help you' lick!!!
[+] 1 user Likes Monster_Riffs's post
10-05-2014, 04:05 PM
Today in the US, castoreum is often referenced simply as a "natural flavoring" in products' lists of ingredients. It is mainly used in both foods and beverages as part of a substitute vanilla flavoring known as vanillin.
It is widely used in perfumes.
It is used to contribute to the flavor and odor of cigarettes.
In Scandinavia, it has been traditionally used for flavoring schnapps commonly referred to as "Bäverhojt"

And now ... direct to you from the anal scent glands of the beaver...
Behold...
[Image: Castoreum_01.jpg]
Bowing Castoreum! Bowing

It is not used in medicine anymore (that I could find) but it used to be in many medical treatments, right into the early part of the 20th century - including aspirin. Once they finally reconned the beaver's body accumulated salicin from it's hefty diet of willow trees, they just started using willow to get the salicin for salicylic acid in aspirin.

The more you know. Thumbsup

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
10-05-2014, 04:15 PM
(10-05-2014 04:05 PM)kim Wrote:  Today in the US, castoreum is often referenced simply as a "natural flavoring" in products' lists of ingredients. It is mainly used in both foods and beverages as part of a substitute vanilla flavoring known as vanillin.
It is widely used in perfumes.
It is used to contribute to the flavor and odor of cigarettes.
In Scandinavia, it has been traditionally used for flavoring schnapps commonly referred to as "Bäverhojt"

And now ... direct to you from the anal scent glands of the beaver...
Behold...
[Image: Castoreum_01.jpg]
Bowing Castoreum! Bowing

It is not used in medicine anymore (that I could find) but it used to be in many medical treatments, right into the early part of the 20th century - including aspirin. Once they finally reconned the beaver's body accumulated salicin from it's hefty diet of willow trees, they just started using willow to get the salicin for salicylic acid in aspirin.

The more you know. Thumbsup

So for all these years I have been enjoying the taste of beaver butt?

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
10-05-2014, 04:20 PM
Vanilla cola, anyone? Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
10-05-2014, 04:41 PM
(10-05-2014 04:20 PM)kim Wrote:  Vanilla cola, anyone? Wink

Sounds kinky Wink

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
10-05-2014, 07:33 PM
(10-05-2014 04:20 PM)kim Wrote:  Vanilla cola, anyone? Wink

Fuck you Kim.

[Image: Vanilla-Coke-20oz.gif]

Fuck you... SadcryfaceWeeping

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
10-05-2014, 09:57 PM

Drinking Beverage

You missed a post I made earlier where I said I wouldn't.

I made a lot of posts in this thread. You are going to have to be satisfied with that I am afraid.

No worries though. I haven't been posting anything about veganism for the last ten pages, but that hasn't stopped people from both arguing with me AND getting angry Consider
10-05-2014, 10:05 PM
Who the hell is angry. Do you really think the OP matters enough to anyone to raise their blood pressure?

Let's see...my atheism and what does it have to do with being a vegan or not....Consider

Here is how food and religion had any bearing on what I ate...as a Catholic we couldn't eat meat on Fridays (fish was okay - apparently that's different), then later they dumped that rule. We weren't supposed to eat when we got up on Sunday before receiving communion. But plan on a BIG Sunday dinner with lots of meat.

Here is how food and atheism has any affect on what I eat now...

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
10-05-2014, 10:12 PM
(10-05-2014 10:05 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Who the hell is angry. Do you really think the OP matters enough to anyone to raise their blood pressure?

Let's see...my atheism and what does it have to do with being a vegan or not....Consider

Here is how food and religion had any bearing on what I ate...as a Catholic we couldn't eat meat on Fridays (fish was okay - apparently that's different), then later they dumped that rule. We weren't supposed to eat when we got up on Sunday before receiving communion. But plan on a BIG Sunday dinner with lots of meat.

Here is how food and atheism has any affect on what I eat now...

I am going to keep liking your posts until you like me anjele. That -2 rep hurt, but I am confident I can win you over. Blush

We will be best friends you and I. I can see it now. Long talks in the shout box, mutually shared like fests in our favorite threads, and we will quote on another in our signatures. You don't know it yet, but I am the besting thing to come in your life in a long time. You in my life too. Years later we will look back on this moment and say yeah... we like, saved each other.

I nominate this thread now be about cats