How do I ... ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-08-2016, 11:56 AM
How do I ... ?
Can't find a place to ask questions.

Still finding my way around, three questions:

1 Can I set up so that the last page or post in any thread comes up front instead of the first.

2. How do I set up a signature?

3. How do I get the Mycode hints etc to show when I am composing a post. Can remember some but not all. Having to type them in on a mobile device is a real pain, loads more keystrokes than when using a keyboard. I have been spoiled by other forums!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-08-2016, 12:02 PM
RE: How do I ... ?
(18-08-2016 11:56 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  Can't find a place to ask questions.

1 Can I set up so that the last page or post in any thread comes up front instead of the first.

3. How do I get the Mycode hints etc to show when I am composing a post. Can remember some but not all. Having to type them in on a mobile device is a real pain, loads more keystrokes than when using a keyboard. I have been spoiled by other forums!

I don't think number one is possible and I know nothing about number three...let me try to stumble the signature question for you...

Go to user CP
Change signature (maybe it says add for someone who doesn't have one yet)
A regular box will show up where you can put in your sig, change color, font, etc...much like making a post.
Then you can preview it and then hit post when you are happy with it.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
18-08-2016, 02:04 PM
Here is some documentation on MyCode

https://docs.mybb.com/1.6/MyCode/

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
18-08-2016, 02:23 PM
I don't use the mobile version so this may be different but on the full version I use 'view recent threads' or "view today's threads" and to the left of each thread title is a green arrow. Clicking that opens to the first post that I haven't read yet.

Also in the full version the area right above the box for typing your posts has a bunch of icons and drop-downs for selecting font sizes, formatting options, adding links and images, etc.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
18-08-2016, 03:07 PM
(18-08-2016 12:02 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(18-08-2016 11:56 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  Can't find a place to ask questions.

I don't think number one is possible and I know nothing about number three...let me try to stumble the signature question for you...

Go to user CP
A regular box will show up where you can put in your sig, change color, font, etc...much like making a post.
Thanx, Anjele, but neither of the option to create or change my signature appear in the UVP nor any of its subs in the version I have.

Beein trying to belatedy insert an avatar as well but cant't find the option for that either.
18-08-2016, 03:10 PM
(18-08-2016 02:23 PM)unfogged Wrote:  I don't use the mobile version so this may be different but on the full version I use 'view recent threads' or "view today's threads" and to the left of each thread title is a green arrow. Clicking that opens to the first post that I haven't read yet.

Also in the full version the area right above the box for typing your posts has a bunch of icons and drop-downs for selecting font sizes, formatting options, adding links and images, etc.

Thanx also, Unfogged. Noticed little green arrows, will try them. Hitting the thread's title takes you to post one, long way back in some!

Nope, no box of goodies in the version on my tablet.
18-08-2016, 03:11 PM
(18-08-2016 03:07 PM)Gloucester Wrote:  
(18-08-2016 12:02 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I don't think number one is possible and I know nothing about number three...let me try to stumble the signature question for you...

Go to user CP
Thanx, Anjele, but neither of the option to create or change my signature appear in the UVP nor any of its subs in the version I have.

Beein trying to belatedy insert an avatar as well but cant't find the option for that either.

I can access it from both my phone and my laptop. When I hit 'user CP' it's an option on the far left under the inbox stuff and above the miscellaneous stuff.

It's with 'change email, change avatar, change password'. But I don't have even my phone set to the mobile version. That might be the key...let me play around a little to see what I can find.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
18-08-2016, 03:14 PM (This post was last modified: 18-08-2016 03:19 PM by Gloucester.)
(18-08-2016 02:23 PM)unfogged Wrote:  I don't use the mobile version so this may be different but on the full version I use 'view recent threads' or "view today's threads" and to the left of each thread title is a green arrow. Clicking that opens to the first post that I haven't read yet.

Thanx also, Unfogged. Noticed little green arrows, will try them. Hitting the thread's title takes you to post one, long way back in some!

Nope, no box of goodies in the version on my tablet. *

Later: no little green arrows next to thread titles on "View new posts" page.

* I did tick a box for something like this but nowt happened.
18-08-2016, 03:14 PM
(18-08-2016 03:11 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(18-08-2016 03:07 PM)Gloucester Wrote:  Thanx, Anjele, but neither of the option to create or change my signature appear in the UVP nor any of its subs in the version I have.

I can access it from both my phone and my laptop. When I hit 'user CP' it's an option on the far left under the inbox stuff and above the miscellaneous stuff.

It's with 'change email, change avatar, change password'. But I don't have even my phone set to the mobile version. That might be the key...let me play around a little to see what I can find.

Yeah, it seems to be the mobile version for me. I can't find the place to set up a signature either. You may have to switch from mobile, set your stuff up, then go back to mobile if that's your preferred style.

18-08-2016, 03:25 PM
Going to admit this version is hard work compared to other forums I have been on, even on this tabket. Presentation setup options, resetting options and navigation leave a lot to be desired! Sad

Will switch to the defsult, non-mobile, verdion and see what happens.

Thanx again.