How do I (a Catholic) reach out to non-Catholics...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-03-2015, 11:12 AM
RE: How do I (a Catholic) reach out to non-Catholics...
(17-03-2015 01:57 AM)Nurse Wrote:  FFS, demonic possession and all that jazz just further stigmatizes those with mental illness and may prevent them from getting actual treatment.

Just because a person is babbling on about how they're the true messiah, seeing blood and unseen spirits in the room, while drawing upside down crosses on the walls with their poo does not mean they are possessed by a goddamn demon - it's called schizophrenia. (Or perhaps they're high on PCP - there's a reason every psych patient gets a drug screen.) They get drugs like haldol and geodon, and then whaddya know - they stop hearing voices and playing with their poo. Dodgy

Christians believe in demons and angels. Muslims, too, I believe. (Jinn, anyway.)

-

Excl On the ignore list: Taqiyya Mockingbird, Minimalist, DemonicLemon, GirlyMan, WhiskeyDebates, and EvolutionKills.
-
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-03-2015, 11:20 AM
(18-03-2015 11:12 AM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  
(17-03-2015 01:57 AM)Nurse Wrote:  FFS, demonic possession and all that jazz just further stigmatizes those with mental illness and may prevent them from getting actual treatment.

Just because a person is babbling on about how they're the true messiah, seeing blood and unseen spirits in the room, while drawing upside down crosses on the walls with their poo does not mean they are possessed by a goddamn demon - it's called schizophrenia. (Or perhaps they're high on PCP - there's a reason every psych patient gets a drug screen.) They get drugs like haldol and geodon, and then whaddya know - they stop hearing voices and playing with their poo. Dodgy

Christians believe in demons and angels. Muslims, too, I believe. (Jinn, anyway.)

Some do, some don't.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-03-2015, 11:21 AM
(18-03-2015 11:12 AM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  

Yep. Christians and Muslims believe in a bunch of shit .

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
18-03-2015, 11:24 AM
Quote: I follow a path of "narrow is the path of righteousness, and broad is the path to destruction."

You sound like a sanctimonious cunt. I doubt anyone will listen to you.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
18-03-2015, 11:33 AM
(18-03-2015 11:24 AM)Minimalist Wrote:  
Quote: I follow a path of "narrow is the path of righteousness, and broad is the path to destruction."

You sound like a sanctimonious cunt. I doubt anyone will listen to you.

Except other sanctimonious cunts? Consider

18-03-2015, 11:41 AM
(18-03-2015 11:33 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(18-03-2015 11:24 AM)Minimalist Wrote:  You sound like a sanctimonious cunt. I doubt anyone will listen to you.

Except other sanctimonious cunts? Consider

Like the protestant claiming not to be protestant?

18-03-2015, 11:52 AM
(18-03-2015 11:41 AM)Leo Wrote:  
(18-03-2015 11:33 AM)Chas Wrote:  Except other sanctimonious cunts? Consider

Like the protestant claiming not to be protestant?

No, he (Q) certainly won't listen to this one. Laramie is a Roman Catholic, and to many Protestants, Catholics are worse than atheists. Q has no use for Catholics.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
18-03-2015, 12:05 PM
(18-03-2015 11:52 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(18-03-2015 11:41 AM)Leo Wrote:  Like the protestant claiming not to be protestant?

No, he (Q) certainly won't listen to this one. Laramie is a Roman Catholic, and to many Protestants, Catholics are worse than atheists. Q has no use for Catholics.

Or, apparently, Protestants. Drinking Beverage

They're not True Christians™.

[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
18-03-2015, 12:27 PM
(18-03-2015 11:21 AM)Leo Wrote:  
(18-03-2015 11:12 AM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  Christians believe in demons and angels. Muslims, too, I believe. (Jinn, anyway.)

Yep. Christians and Muslims believe in a bunch of shit .

I would say this applies to Muslims and atheists.

-

Excl On the ignore list: Taqiyya Mockingbird, Minimalist, DemonicLemon, GirlyMan, WhiskeyDebates, and EvolutionKills.
-
18-03-2015, 12:54 PM
(18-03-2015 12:27 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  
(18-03-2015 11:21 AM)Leo Wrote:  Yep. Christians and Muslims believe in a bunch of shit .

I would say this applies to Muslims and atheists.

Atheists can believe in some shit. Atheism is simply the lack of belief in gods. Atheists aren't free of believing some crazy shit. The difference is that atheists never claim their beliefs as absolute truths. Religions claim their dogmas to be absolute truths without any evidence.