How do I convince a Christian that genocide is always immoral?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-06-2017, 06:07 PM
RE: How do I convince a Christian that genocide is always immoral?
(22-06-2017 02:39 PM)av0vad0 Wrote:  I'm really stuck on this debate and I know the opposing argument is faulty but I'm just tired of doing all this work in my responses only to have everything ignored because of his circular reasoning. Does anyone have any advice as to what I could say in response that might get him to understand that a murderous God is not perfect or trustworthy? Thanks in advance.

There's really no point in arguing the toss with people like that. Save your breath, and do something more constructive.

You also need to know that the odds of your convincing any religious zealot that their notions are bullshit are about the same as winning the state lottery... around 1 in 3,838,380 LOL.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like SYZ's post
29-06-2017, 06:29 PM
(29-06-2017 03:34 PM)serpentdove Wrote:  
(22-06-2017 02:39 PM)av0vad0 Wrote:  ...[A] murderous God is not perfect or trustworthy?
The Book of Revelation is all about removing undesirables from the planet (Eccl 10:2, Jn 10;10). That's a good thing.

Where the hell did you drop in from? Looking for your marbles, are you?

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
29-06-2017, 06:34 PM
(29-06-2017 03:34 PM)serpentdove Wrote:  
(22-06-2017 02:39 PM)av0vad0 Wrote:  ...[A] murderous God is not perfect or trustworthy?
The Book of Revelation is all about removing undesirables from the planet (Eccl 10:2, Jn 10;10). That's a good thing.

Really ? Your idiot god couldn't figure out who was going to be desirable or not, and has to do it after the fact ?

There were hundreds of books of Revelation. It was quite the fad there for a while. It was all made up BS. Anyone who takes that crap seriously needs to see a shrink.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
29-06-2017, 06:39 PM
(28-06-2017 10:53 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Where the hell did you drop in from? Looking for your marbles, are you?

"Crazy
Toys in the attic, I am crazy
Truly gone fishing
They must have taken my marbles away
Crazy, toys in the attic he is crazy..."

But yeah, I've noticed we have a:

[Image: aWZjk.gif]

On the freaking rampage, too Dodgy

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
29-06-2017, 06:41 PM
(29-06-2017 06:39 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(28-06-2017 10:53 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Where the hell did you drop in from? Looking for your marbles, are you?

"Crazy
Toys in the attic, I am crazy
Truly gone fishing
They must have taken my marbles away
Crazy, toys in the attic he is crazy..."

But yeah, I've noticed we have a:

[Image: aWZjk.gif]

On the freaking rampage, too Dodgy

Three days late. I'm gonna complain.
We are on the nut-a-week plan. They are due on Monday.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
29-06-2017, 06:54 PM
(29-06-2017 06:41 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Three days late. I'm gonna complain.
We are on the nut-a-week plan. They are due on Monday.

I think he might've locked himself in the bathroom for a while Rolleyes

[Image: 11165222060152.gif]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
30-06-2017, 04:27 AM (This post was last modified: 30-06-2017 05:50 AM by EvolutionKills.)
To be honest, on a large enough imaginary scale, it's not impossible to conceive of a scenario where genocide would be a less terrible (and therefore, more moral) decision than another. Not one that we're ever likely to encounter here on Earth, but if the sky's the limit, I have enough imagination and rationality to admit it's possible (but certainly not probable).

That being said, that's no reason to trust a book of fairy-tales or anyone else who tries to justify a genocide with a wave of the hand and a 'trust me, there was a good reason' without an explanation. And no, 'god is always good' or 'god has a plan' are not sufficient explanations, they're just more hand waving.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
30-06-2017, 05:44 AM
What I enjoy is God's instructions to military leaders to sack a town and leave not a single man, woman or child alive. Not even COWS!!! Ohmy Specifically he orders IIRC that *no* living thing should remain. Of course these were the days before bacteria were a known thing. And I'm pretty sure the Hebrew army weren't so hot on exterminating rats anyway.

I just enjoy the thought of some godly man of war with a checklist "OK, we're done with the humans and the megafauna... WHAT THE??? Jonathan! I just saw a CAT! You told me we killed all the cats YESTERDAY! What kind of Yahweh-worshipper are you?"

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
30-06-2017, 06:04 AM
(30-06-2017 05:44 AM)morondog Wrote:  What I enjoy is God's instructions to military leaders to sack a town and leave not a single man, woman or child alive. Not even COWS!!! Ohmy Specifically he orders IIRC that *no* living thing should remain. Of course these were the days before bacteria were a known thing. And I'm pretty sure the Hebrew army weren't so hot on exterminating rats anyway.

I just enjoy the thought of some godly man of war with a checklist "OK, we're done with the humans and the megafauna... WHAT THE??? Jonathan! I just saw a CAT! You told me we killed all the cats YESTERDAY! What kind of Yahweh-worshipper are you?"

Gotta love unironic use of the word megafauna.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post