How do I grow the balls to say what I really think on FB?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-05-2012, 06:25 AM (This post was last modified: 12-05-2012 07:05 AM by Bucky Ball.)
RE: How do I grow the balls to say what I really think on FB?
(12-05-2012 05:54 AM)free2011 Wrote:  Before every game we kneel down and pray for things like "God give us courage" and "God let us play at our best". I put my head down and think man this is some stupid shit but I don't make waves. Not worth it. Although I don't say Amen at the end.

Since you all agree it's really only about the baseball, make it easier on yourself. Click on yer handy dandy religion translator app.
"god give us courage", "god let us play our best", = " 'courage', (whatever THAT is), is something we value",
"god" = "that which is one of my deepest values",
"god let us play our best" = "playing our best is something we all value, so let's do it".

If they must do "religion speak", so what. In the end, it means the same thing. Scoring runs is all that counts. (Well, actually it's playing together is what it's about, but .... Tongue)

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-05-2012, 07:34 AM
Every person who proudly proclaims their atheism makes it just that little easier for someone else to do the same.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Mark Fulton's post
12-05-2012, 07:43 AM
My first announcement on FB was liking TTA's page.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
12-05-2012, 08:07 AM
There is no easy way to say this...."Your family and friends are stupid & gullible" and you want to tell them this in the worst way, but you can't.

Like many religious folk who have in time rejected their religion, it doesn't happen over night.
Their brains have been indoctrinated with this crap for their entire lives. They have become a reflection of what they have seen.
You can't change that with a FB post and as good as it might feel to do it, it would only make things worse.

You must be the turtle. Take things slow. Chip away at them. Treat them like infants.
You don't yell at an infant. You nurture it. Slowly feed it at a rate in which they can take it. They will let you know when they've had enough.
Let them digest what you've said. Let it sink in and your words, just a few words, will in time help them to think more rationally.

If you want to get them to slowly abandon their religious ideals, then don't talk to them about religion.
Instead, help them to be more skeptical.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 2 users Like Rahn127's post
12-05-2012, 09:07 AM
Rahn.

The fuck you doing calling another man's family stupid? What's wrong with you?

Mark Fulton Wrote:Every person who proudly proclaims their atheism makes it just that little easier for someone else to do the same

Wow. I uh... hrm... I'm uh... I'm kind of frightened. I think, oop, just threw up in my mouth a little, I think that for the first time in, well, ever, I, I don't believe I'm saying this, I agree with Mark. Maybe the Mayans were right!

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt
[+] 2 users Like Ghost's post
12-05-2012, 09:57 AM
you don't need to grow balls your solution is right here on this forum. just find a place to vent safely

even if you did grow balls, they are too stupid to communicate with anyway and then you will just get more irritated.
if they aren't too stupid, they blatantly refuse to think about it anyway, therefore wasting your time and hurting your relationships for no good reason

pull some inception shit on them and make them 'figure out on their own' by putting the thought in their head subconsciously (good luck lol)

the best solution: don't use social networks, avoid your family and friends, excommunicate yourself from life lol (the fucked up part is, i was joking about inception, but not about this)

even the smartest man in the world is an idiot
12-05-2012, 10:55 AM
The following is my bot answer to the next person who insults someone's family and to anyone else who would do the same.

Your mother's a whore.

If someone calls someone else's family stupid again, just assume that I told you the preceding. If you don't want to learn the truth about your mother's midnight indiscretions, then don't insult anyone's family.

For real. What the fuck is wrong with you people? There's limits. Smarten up.
[+] 1 user Likes Ghost's post
12-05-2012, 01:30 PM
Break out the salt and cold iron; Ghost has gone rogue. Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-05-2012, 05:29 PM
(12-05-2012 08:07 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  There is no easy way to say this...."Your family and friends are stupid & gullible" and you want to tell them this in the worst way, but you can't.
"An idiot is anyone who doesn't know that thing you just found out"

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 1 user Likes Hafnof's post
12-05-2012, 09:17 PM
I rarely ever say anything on facebook. Instead, if I see something I object to on there, I politely ask the person about it, or I'll even offer in an interesting objection in hopes they'll have a little personal one on one. Usually changing a mind isn't done in a crowd by attempting to embarrass or "pwn" them, but in private, one on one with good healthy discussion. I see stuff every now and then that makes me facepalm, and then I see stuff that makes me happy.