How do I grow the balls to say what I really think on FB?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-05-2012, 09:36 PM
RE: How do I grow the balls to say what I really think on FB?
(12-05-2012 10:55 AM)Ghost Wrote:  The following is my bot answer to the next person who insults someone's family and to anyone else who would do the same.

Your mother's a whore.
So what if she is?

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-08-2012, 02:34 AM
I finally did it.

I appreciate all your advice tho.

Ultimately, truth is truth and this is how I feel. I posted a brutal honestly post on FB.

And it goes as such.............

I have an apology to make.

This apology is on behalf of other grateful people who are glad to live in these times.

For ones who lived in the dark ages, who had to watch half of their children die and considered it a long life to live to 40. People in this time period have the nerve to think this is the worst of times. I'm so damn sorry.

For those of you who've gotten slaughtered in the roman collosseum (From first century christians/non-believers/​gladiators) in front of 50,000 cheering fans. I'm so damn sorry.

I can't go on and on over all the time periods but, for anyone who had to walk or ride a horse to their destination. I'm sorry. We have people in this time period bitch about the times we live in while driving in the air conditioning/heating while listening to music. As a matter of fact, most of the bitching (what I'm doing now) is done via internet/facebook. Yet some of us use this tool for self pity of times.

For past generations, if you can hear me.(Which more than likely you cant but ifyou can) Know that I'm thankful for my time period I live in (and geographical location, that has a lot to do with it too).

And for you that think it's so bad to live during these times......go live as an Amish/bushman like the majority of past times. Then come back and let's see what tune you'll be singing. (Except you'll still be able to use modern roads and modern medicine...good deal huh?)

Forget Jesus. Stars died so you could live.-Lawrence Krauss

For god loved the world so much he tortured his only begotten son, gave him a 3 day nap only to wake up in ultimate awesomeness and called it a sacrifice.
[+] 1 user Likes Atheist Chiefs fan!'s post
07-08-2012, 03:42 AM
This is my approach to the (thankfully very few) theist relatives that I have to endure on Facebook. And it is an endurance. Pretty much my entire family use it and it has become a convenient way of keeping in touch with them all. The thing is, it's like Christmas Day 365 days a year... y'know, that one day of the year when you have to put up with your family?

It's only the Americans and the Canadians, mind. This snippet was from a cousin.

[Image: drinkcoke.jpg]

Hell, if they're going to spread nonsense adverts for brands that I don't use, I will do the same to them. You drink Pepsi, do you? Allow me to shove Coca Cola in your face on a regular basis.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Red Celt's post
07-08-2012, 05:49 AM
(12-05-2012 03:56 AM)Atheist Chiefs fan! Wrote:  How do I grow the balls to say what I really think on FB?

Try a can of Mor-Balls and just spray it on all over. I think they have it at Walmart.
[+] 2 users Like Jeff's post
07-08-2012, 09:38 PM
(12-05-2012 10:55 AM)Ghost Wrote:  Your mother's a whore.

But... my mother IS a whore. Unsure Well, okay, she didn't get paid for it, so she's a slut instead. Undecided

I actually made a different Facebook page for my family and any coworkers I didn't want to have involved with my particular... um... outlook on life. That way, I can talk about atheism or whatever I want to with people I know I can trust with it on my main FB page, and then use the other one for whatever little updates my family would like to hear about. It works for now, anyway.
07-08-2012, 09:56 PM
(07-08-2012 02:34 AM)Atheist Chiefs fan! Wrote:  I finally did it.

I appreciate all your advice tho.

Ultimately, truth is truth and this is how I feel. I posted a brutal honestly post on FB.

And it goes as such.............

I have an apology to make.

This apology is on behalf of other grateful people who are glad to live in these times.

For ones who lived in the dark ages, who had to watch half of their children die and considered it a long life to live to 40. People in this time period have the nerve to think this is the worst of times. I'm so damn sorry.

For those of you who've gotten slaughtered in the roman collosseum (From first century christians/non-believers/​gladiators) in front of 50,000 cheering fans. I'm so damn sorry.

I can't go on and on over all the time periods but, for anyone who had to walk or ride a horse to their destination. I'm sorry. We have people in this time period bitch about the times we live in while driving in the air conditioning/heating while listening to music. As a matter of fact, most of the bitching (what I'm doing now) is done via internet/facebook. Yet some of us use this tool for self pity of times.

For past generations, if you can hear me.(Which more than likely you cant but ifyou can) Know that I'm thankful for my time period I live in (and geographical location, that has a lot to do with it too).

And for you that think it's so bad to live during these times......go live as an Amish/bushman like the majority of past times. Then come back and let's see what tune you'll be singing. (Except you'll still be able to use modern roads and modern medicine...good deal huh?)

That REALLY doesn't imply you're an atheist. You even told us what it was, and I still didn't recognize it as an "outing." It just looks like you're strangely grieving the tragic deaths of certain humans during brutal time periods. It's like trying to tell your wife that you're a homosexual and all you tell her is that you have an affinity for wool sweaters and tap dancing. Then you run off, thinking your message was delivered, clear as day. But anyways.

Here's what I did and still do.

First, just post videos of other atheists, like Hitchens and Harris and comment on the good points they make. That way when a religious relative feels the need to comment (they will), you are both arguing about someone else and not yourself.

Second, start posting anti-religious quotes. After enough of those, you can start posting your own quotes and people won't realize that you've dropped the quotation marks.

And finally, stay on your own page. I never remark on anyone else's scripture post or "Thank God that the high complicated surgery was a success. Only with the help of GOD did I make it through." That way, when a relative makes the usual remark of how you're spreading your hatred and negativity, you can always point out that THEY CAME TO YOUR PAGE. If they don't like it, they can choose to unsubscribe from your page updates.

I find that by using this method, family members will "come out" for you. The only reason my entire family knows I'm an atheist is because my sisters told them that I am. They have discussions about me FOR ME so that I don't ever have to come right out and say it. Though once I tell people I have a book called An Atheist's Critique of the Bible... I don't think any further explanation will be needed.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
[+] 1 user Likes Buddy Christ's post
07-08-2012, 09:57 PM
1st Amendment! I deal with it... and just removed my work place from my facebook page to prevent any problems.

The fish who keeps on swimming is the first to chill upstream.
08-08-2012, 03:41 AM
(12-05-2012 05:59 AM)Ghost Wrote:  Do you know any openly homosexual people? If so, they might be a really good resource for you in terms of learning how to deal with that anxiety, how to cope with the issue of coming out and how to approach living in the open.

But here are questions not to ask