How do I help a feral cat?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-02-2016, 05:59 PM
RE: How do I help a feral cat?
(17-02-2016 05:53 PM)carol Wrote:  
(17-02-2016 05:41 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Clyde, going on 3. (That remote is 8 inches long.)

[Image: DSCN5057.jpg]

Clyde is one long kitty, any maine coon in him?

He might have eaten one or two. Unsure
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
17-02-2016, 06:06 PM
(17-02-2016 10:08 AM)carol Wrote:  
(17-02-2016 09:49 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Hows the cat doing Carol ?

Out in the daytime for the first time today!

Pretty cat!

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
17-02-2016, 06:11 PM
(17-02-2016 05:59 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(17-02-2016 05:53 PM)carol Wrote:  Clyde is one long kitty, any maine coon in him?

He might have eaten one or two. Unsure

Laugh out loadLaugh out load:lol:looks like he is part Maine coon, he is so big...very cute tooHeart
17-02-2016, 06:30 PM
Let me introduce you to my little friends.

[Image: ThePack.jpg]

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
17-02-2016, 06:34 PM (This post was last modified: 17-02-2016 08:07 PM by carol.)
(17-02-2016 06:30 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Let me introduce you to my little friends.

lots and lots of doggies!!!
So many doggies

I would just love to sit by them and get cuddles!HeartHeartHeart

Are you a dog trainer?
17-02-2016, 08:08 PM (This post was last modified: 17-02-2016 08:28 PM by GirlyMan.)
(17-02-2016 06:34 PM)carol Wrote:  
(17-02-2016 06:30 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Let me introduce you to my little friends.

lots and lots of doggies!!!
So many doggies

I would just love to sit by them and get cuddles!HeartHeartHeart

Are you dog trainer?

ManlyGirl is and works with the Beagle Rescue of Southern Maryland. We got a foster we call Tater 'cause she's got a mammary tumor the size of a potato.Or she used to. Docs cut it out. Thumbsup She's in the pack.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
19-02-2016, 08:04 PM
Happy to report that kitty is safe and waiting inside my bathroom to be domesticated...with two half grown kittens-my guess is they are most likely her half grown kittens that she had hiding with her- I contacted friends of feral felines,and they will take the young ones next week after they have been semi domesticated-just indoors and getting used to the sounds and smells of people...I will send pictures of the lot if they come out of hiding-in the mean time I am sitting on the floor typing and pretending they do not exist..as suggested...mama is going to need to be spayed asap...already treated them for fleas...

I will leave more food out tomorrow to make sure there are no other youngsters about...but they seem pretty big-half adult sized,and so am not overy worried that if I did not find one yet it will be ok over night-they have a warm bed and a buildng to go into...
so,all is well that ends well hopefully...and hope to be down to one cat,not three, as soon as they will come and get these guys..the little grey one is pretty darn cute...
from the
crazy cat lady
[+] 4 users Like carol's post
19-02-2016, 08:45 PM
Well done, that human! Smile
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
20-02-2016, 12:23 AM
(19-02-2016 08:04 PM)carol Wrote:  Happy to report that kitty is safe and waiting inside my bathroom to be domesticated...with two half grown kittens-my guess is they are most likely her half grown kittens that she had hiding with her- I contacted friends of feral felines,and they will take the young ones next week after they have been semi domesticated-just indoors and getting used to the sounds and smells of people...I will send pictures of the lot if they come out of hiding-in the mean time I am sitting on the floor typing and pretending they do not exist..as suggested...mama is going to need to be spayed asap...already treated them for fleas...

I will leave more food out tomorrow to make sure there are no other youngsters about...but they seem pretty big-half adult sized,and so am not overy worried that if I did not find one yet it will be ok over night-they have a warm bed and a buildng to go into...
so,all is well that ends well hopefully...and hope to be down to one cat,not three, as soon as they will come and get these guys..the little grey one is pretty darn cute...
from the
crazy cat lady

And so it begins
[+] 3 users Like Nishi Karano Kaze's post
22-02-2016, 02:06 PM (This post was last modified: 22-02-2016 02:16 PM by carol.)

All three are going to vet Thursday. The younger kittens are very happy to be here-let me pet them and made themselves at home quickly. Mama is a different story- she is not aggressive at all but hides all the time. she does peek at me from time to time though.

The black and white kitten will be adopted into a family after it is completely healed from the surgery...I am unsure if mama can be tamed but will keep her inside the house this month and simply sit with her while I use the laptop. I will keep her inside even if she does not like to be around people, as long as she is unafraid and not aggressive. She can be a shadow that looks after mice. So far she has not tried to scratch, she just hides. I thought the camera would bother her, so no photo of mama cat Xena indoors.

The little gray kitten is very sweet and climbed into my lap today. I think that they were young enough to adjust quickly to captivity. I loaned them my cat's toys and they have made themselves at home. My cat has had his shots but I am keeping everyone seperate. I am not naming the kittens-they will be someone else's pets...though I am getting fond of the grey one because she is so gentle and cuddly...the photos make them seem large but they are half grown sized...
[+] 2 users Like carol's post