How do I put this...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-07-2012, 10:50 PM
RE: How do I put this...
It's strongly encouraged that the family members of a Witness who is disfellowshipped or chooses to leave the "Truth" shun their former family member and/or friend. They are considered apostates at that point, and are therefore looked at as if they're the Devil in flesh.

Which is why my Witness family doesn't know I've been an atheist for a long, long time. While I was not baptized BECAUSE I was trying to spare my mother, mostly, from having to try to choose between the god she loves so much or her only child, I still believe there would be some major issues with her regarding the rest of the family, who would tell her she has to shun me because I've turned apostate.

I know you're in a hard spot, Cheap. I'm really sorry you're having to go through this. If you need somebody to talk to, I'm all ears. This is going to be tough and emotionally draining for a while (possibly years), but it gets better. I've heard from so many ex-Witnesses that it DOES get better. But it's also a lot easier with someone there to support you, too.

I wish I had the courage to tell my family. Except my mother, though, the others already shun me for being inactive... Undecided
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes SlipStitch's post
19-07-2012, 11:04 PM
(19-07-2012 10:50 PM)SlipStitch Wrote:  I wish I had the courage to tell my family. Except my mother, though, the others already shun me for being inactive... Undecided

Silly, I mean pussy, I mean silly pussy. Goddam, how come you don't give a shit?

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
20-07-2012, 07:01 AM
(19-07-2012 09:39 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  The fuck you say? They ain't got no prayer of getting to the "Meh... whatever" point, they ain't capable. As long as you're there everything works out. ... In my experience at least.
I'm glad it works out for you, GirlyMan. I'm slowly getting that by being around them, I'm enabling their behaviors and that doesn't do me any good. They need to focus on someone else.

Or did you mean 'there' as in not wiping ones self off the face of the earth? I agree with that!

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
31-08-2012, 03:06 AM
It sounds like they are pretty impressionable. I recommend finding someone that can act religious, much like a tv evangilist. I would arrange a meeting and use this person to trick them out of their beliefs. Whether that means that the poser prays over them and yells "Demons out." or something along those lines. Or just a good back story explaining why their new beliefs are wrong coming from someone posing as or is a former clergy member. You know, the argument from authority?
31-08-2012, 11:27 AM
I will be thinking of your plight in the days to come. Good luck, cheapthrillseaker. Just know that you are not alone in this endeavor, as we all have been through this before. Thumbsup Smile

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]