How do I respond to "You have faith in reason"?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-09-2014, 06:51 AM
RE: How do I respond to "You have faith in reason"?
so far reason, which lead to science is the best model for explaining the world around us. Its science that put a man on the moon, its science that made the internet possible, its science that extended the human life span, and its science that made a 10 billion human population possible. Maybe some day something will come along that is "better" than science, but for right now science is the best explaination we have so it actually makes sense to put "faith" in science instead of religion which hasn't been the best model for explaining the universe in over 1,000 years.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-09-2014, 06:59 AM
In reason there is no faith. In faith there is no reason.

new backronym for FAITH: Fear And Ignorance Take Hold

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
27-09-2014, 08:20 AM
Faith is blindly believing that something is in front of you.
Reason observes reality and comprehends that which is in front of you, allowing you to make decisions based on the information you have obtained.

One cannot blindly observe anything in reality, so all you are really doing is basing decisions upon your own imagination of what is front of you.

The very act of praying is closing ones eyes to reality.
We close our eyes when we wish to turn reality off by going to sleep.

Faith denies observation so that belief can be preserved.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
27-09-2014, 09:01 AM
I trust reason, I don't have faith in it.

Don't you just wish people knew the definitions of words?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
27-09-2014, 09:25 AM
(20-09-2014 08:50 PM)donlee600 Wrote:  it doesn't seem like a very valid argument, but it's kinda difficult to dig yourself out of

Respond with a hearty belly laugh, followed by a dose of logic.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick