How do "You" feel when somebody says god bless you?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-12-2014, 08:13 PM
RE: How do "You" feel when somebody says god bless you?
(19-12-2014 08:11 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Don't bother me none. No skin off my scrotum.

You are such a wordsmith, Girlyman.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
19-12-2014, 08:15 PM
I take it as a positive thought. They don't think about what it means.
I'm happy they have positive thoughts.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
19-12-2014, 11:32 PM
I wouldn't know as I don't open emails from an unrecognized source. You prolly shouldn't either.

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
20-12-2014, 02:00 AM
the title made me think you sneezed
[+] 1 user Likes Ace's post
20-12-2014, 08:28 AM
(19-12-2014 06:07 PM)Autumnflowers Wrote:  How do you feel when a person sends you a email and you don't know them and they don't know you but they put inside of the message's ending "God bless you"

Do these unknown senders have a reason to be emailing you? I get spam emails which are deleted without being read and I get many emails at work from people I don't know but are legitimate but would rarely, if ever, include anything like that.

When I do see that, or somebody I don't know well says it, I automatically become more cautious because experience has shown that they probably want something from me. It often seems to be meant as a way to put the recipient at ease (see, you can trust me since I'm a good Christian too) and that makes me suspicious.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
20-12-2014, 08:35 AM
Warm & Fuzzy Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
20-12-2014, 08:59 AM (This post was last modified: 20-12-2014 09:25 AM by goodwithoutgod.)
(19-12-2014 06:07 PM)Autumnflowers Wrote:  Actually i'm curious, sorry i posted this here because i feel like iv'e posted to much on the other forms plus this is more of a question.
How do you feel when a person sends you a email and you don't know them and they don't know you but they put inside of the message's ending "God bless you" Do you suddenly feel the need to say you don't believe? but thanks anyways. Maybe i'm just a jerk Evil_monster No i actually don't think i am, i just think that i feel kinda like somebody's assuming i'm christian.
What do you feel like when this happens?

Doesn't bother me at all as long as they aren't handing me a pamphlet for their church when they say it. It is an expression long embedded in the english language of normal social interactions. I just smile and say thank you. I doubt they are even thinking they are implying you need god's blessing to cure the inner demons making you sick. Somethings just deserve a smile in return.

Now for an example of this new personal philosophy of mine, coming from a guy who is....pretty assertive in not backing away from religious confrontations.

Just two days ago, I had finished my workout at the base gym, showered changed and stopped by the base food court for a quick post workout lunch. I sat down with my plate of beef and broccoli and steamed rice and was watching the news story on the big tv about the cowards who stormed a school in Pakistan and slaughtered 141 children...I was trying to block it out a bit, by staring down at my food, and looking up every so often...I hear a guy at the table next to me say something, I know he is sitting there alone so I assume he is on his phone..

Then I hear him say excuse me, i am trying to speak to you.....I look up and over at him, and he repeats himself, I reply, "hi, how are you doing".....he says with great conviction, "this happened because of all of the sin in the world"....to my credit I didn't begin beating him over the head with the napkin dispenser while ranting philosophically about the error of this ignorant assertion...I simply smiled, and continued eating while intently watching the tv...he repeated himself, and I glanced over, shook my head and smiled again and said "yeah it is all messed up over there...buncha crazy fanatics..." he continued babbling about some scripture or other while I finished my meal and refused to look at him again. I heard him sigh in exasperation that I wasn't engaging him in conversation and then I got up, tossed my trash in the receptacle, and smiled at him and said, "have a great day"...and walked away.

This doesnt sound like a big deal to you most likely, but for me it was an epic display of control. One I was post workout and brain dead, and had zero energy to get into a confrontation, two it is on base, and as a commissioned officer I am not going to get into any confrontation, let alone about religion... but still, i was pretty proud of myself for once Drooling

Point being, don't obsess about the little shit that means nothing, and wave aside idiots like my little friend from the food court....sometimes it just isn't worth it. Someone saysing god bless you after you sneeze isn't them trying to push christ into your life, now the Ahole who hands you a JW pamphlet, if they catch me on the wrong day, I may pause and lead them into a trap, then rip them apart for a few minutes before smiling and walking away...depends on the day, where and my mood. I try not to be the poster child for angry atheist....dont want to strengthen a stereotype. SO if every time someone said god bless you, i replied with what god? it is a needless confrontation with someone who wasn't trying to convert me...most likely.

wow i must be bored, or my coffee is reeeeeal good to have wrote all of that nonsensical crap Facepalm

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
20-12-2014, 09:17 AM
Annoyed.

Annoyed that in the 21st century, people still believe in gods.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
20-12-2014, 09:17 AM
Nobody says that to me.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
20-12-2014, 09:24 AM
(20-12-2014 09:17 AM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  Nobody says that to me.

God bless you Big Grin

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)